Minnie van new pricing

frangi

Disney Freak
has this gone into effect yet. The pricing depending on where you going etc. I know it used to be a flat rate of 25 dollars. Now it depends on where you start and end. Is it more expensive or less? Does anyone have any experience with this.

has this gone into effect yet. The pricing depending on where you going etc. I know it used to be a flat rate of 25 dollars. Now it depends on where you start and end. Is it more expensive or less? Does anyone have any experience with this.
It is in effect. Its flat $15 plus a fee per mile. Some routes can be as much as $40 one way.

How do the taxis work? Are they by mile or are they timed? I was thinking about taking a cab to TL during Xmas week from POR, and thought the Minnie Van would be cheaper since it was a flat fee.

How do the taxis work? Are they by mile or are they timed? I was thinking about taking a cab to TL during Xmas week from POR, and thought the Minnie Van would be cheaper since it was a flat fee.
Usually there is both a mileage and time fee on taxis. The time only counts if you are stopped. There is also Lyft and Uber.

wow, interesting. Where could a $40 trip go? Animal kingdom lodge to Disney Springs?

wow, interesting. Where could a $40 trip go? Animal kingdom lodge to Disney Springs?

I just priced this out myself last night (planning for our upcoming trip) and got a quote of $33 around dinner time. If you have the Lyft app, you can check prices on there, you just have to scroll through all the vehicle options to get to "Minnie Vans"

Wow we used it twice last week. We used it from Epcot to the Contemporary because we had a time crunch and it was under the $25 because lyft sent me coupons right on the app for $2 and $3 off a ride, which they applied right to the minnie van ride and we used it to move ourselves and luggage to the Dolphin again under the $25 (we needed to check in for other reasons or we would have had Disney transfer our luggage). I have to agree anymore than that and I don't see how you can spend that kind of money.

It is in effect. Its flat $15 plus a fee per mile. Some routes can be as much as $40 one way.

I just priced this out myself last night (planning for our upcoming trip) and got a quote of $33 around dinner time. If you have the Lyft app, you can check prices on there, you just have to scroll through all the vehicle options to get to "Minnie Vans"

That....is ridiculous.

Why on earth would anyone pay that much when you can Uber/Lyft for so much less??? You can get a bigger car on Uber for a bit more.

Geez, I'd just stick with Disney provided transportation before paying for that.

We used the Minnie Van back in January when it was $25. I thought that price was fair. No way am I paying more than that though. I can take an Uber or Lyft from the airport for less than they are going to be charging for Minnie Van rides point to point on Disney Property. If I do not feel like riding the bus, I will just use regular Lyft or Uber.

I thought the whole point of the Minnie Van service was for Disney to try and get some business from those using Lyft and Uber. I think this new pricing scheme will push a lot of people right back to those options.

Unless you need a carseat, why would people pay triple what a Lyft or a taxi would cost?

That....is ridiculous.

Why on earth would anyone pay that much when you can Uber/Lyft for so much less??? You can get a bigger car on Uber for a bit more.

Geez, I'd just stick with Disney provided transportation before paying for that.

I can see the families that need multiple carseats, XL Uber usually only has 1 carseat. Personally, we always drive to WDW and with the exception of our first couple of trips, we always use WDW transportation with our DD's from infant age on up.

We used the Minnie Van back in January when it was $25. I thought that price was fair. No way am I paying more than that though. I can take an Uber or Lyft from the airport for less than they are going to be charging for Minnie Van rides point to point on Disney Property. If I do not feel like riding the bus, I will just use regular Lyft or Uber.

I thought the whole point of the Minnie Van service was for Disney to try and get some business from those using Lyft and Uber. I think this new pricing scheme will push a lot of people right back to those options.
Just from being on the DIS boards and seeing what people will pay extra $$ for, it will still be in high demand.

Last edited:

Well with the new pricing, most trips I might use it for are basically the same price or cheaper now (only by a few dollars). And compared to a Lux Black car, the pricing is basically identical. I see it more as a Disney premium service with a cast member driving rather than a random person, and with better drop off options.

If you need a car seat or are traveling to Magic Kingdom or Fort Wilderness, it makes sense.

I don't think paying $30-40 dollars to get anywhere on Disney property makes sense.

It has to be cheaper to bring your own car, even with parking fees at that point! If you need to use a Minnie Van due to car seats and can't take Disney transportation, imagine how much money you will spend a day, going to from and especially if you go multiple places!!!

crazy....

We
I don't think paying $30-40 dollars to get anywhere on Disney property makes sense.

It has to be cheaper to bring your own car, even with parking fees at that point! If you need to use a Minnie Van due to car seats and can't take Disney transportation, imagine how much money you will spend a day, going to from and especially if you go multiple places!!!

crazy....
We bring our car, but if you are pressed for time to get to Magic Kingdom (ex. Early Morning Magic) and a bus isn't coming right away, I will and have paid for a Minnie Van. We also plan to take it to and from Fort Wilderness in December when we go to Mickey's Backyard BBQ and to Beach Club when we have an ADR at Chef de France. And there are times we are just plain tired and getting a Minnie Van is worth it to us rather than wait for a bus with a toddler. Do we take it everyday? No way, not in our budget. But the convenience factor, knowing what we are getting are all reasons why we sometimes use it.

The only time the Minnie Van might be worth it to me now is to get to MK. Uber and Lyft cannot drop off at the bus depot, so you do get that convenience with the Minnie Van. The only reason we did it that day is because we wanted to get to MK as quickly as possible. Even then you could still take a Lyft to the Contemporary and walk the short distance over to MK. It would still be a lot cheaper.

Looking right now, a Minnie Van from Beach Club, where we stayed in January would be $31. Regular Lyft to the Contemporary is $9.

The only time the Minnie Van might be worth it to me now is to get to MK. Uber and Lyft cannot drop off at the bus depot, so you do get that convenience with the Minnie Van. The only reason we did it that day is because we wanted to get to MK as quickly as possible. Even then you could still take a Lyft to the Contemporary and walk the short distance over to MK. It would still be a lot cheaper.

Looking right now, a Minnie Van from Beach Club, where we stayed in January would be $31. Regular Lyft to the Contemporary is $9.
Don't forget the back of Fort Wilderness as well. For us, we need a car seat, so an Uber or regular Lyft are not an option

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter