Minnie van new pricing

Wow, almost feel like I should start a poll.....how many people were sent a second van free of charge......LOL.

I'm really surprised at you getting the two vans. It seems like they are always in high demand.
Well we had called for the accessable van and was told it would hold six. I think it was that we didn’t need the car seats and it was easier to send a second van than remove them?

I’m sure they are shooting themselves in the foot here. I have two little ones, and I will probably take the Minnie van ONCE now to get to boardwalk for the trattoria al forno breakfast. We all know what a pia resort-to-resort otherwise is, and I need 2 car seats. Before this fare hike, I was also considering it as an option to help us get to some rope drops, and maybe even home from a park to hotel if we were all exhausted. Potential 3-4 rides down to 1.

I’m sure they are shooting themselves in the foot here. I have two little ones, and I will probably take the Minnie van ONCE now to get to boardwalk for the trattoria al forno breakfast. We all know what a pia resort-to-resort otherwise is, and I need 2 car seats. Before this fare hike, I was also considering it as an option to help us get to some rope drops, and maybe even home from a park to hotel if we were all exhausted. Potential 3-4 rides down to 1.
See I don’t think they are. I think it’s supply and demand and even at the $25 rate, the demand was higher than the supply most times. They need to be profitable. There are people who will still pay the price at this rate. We will take it when needed, but will probably not for longer trips, and I kinda think that’s what they want. Only time will tell of course.

See I don’t think they are. I think it’s supply and demand and even at the $25 rate, the demand was higher than the supply most times. They need to be profitable. There are people who will still pay the price at this rate. We will take it when needed, but will probably not for longer trips, and I kinda think that’s what they want. Only time will tell of course.

Lyft and Uber are profitable at a much cheaper fare.

Lyft and Uber didnt buy the cars, they don’t pay the drivers regular pay, pay for gas or maintain the vehicles. Minnie Vans have a much higher operating cost.

I assure you Minnie Vans would still be very profitable at $20-$25 per local trip. $40 in insane.

I assure you Minnie Vans would still be very profitable at $20-$25 per local trip. $40 in insane.
Actually, I’ve heard reports that it hasn’t been profitable yet. Not sure if that is accurate but source was credible (public source, not someone I know). If $40 is too expensive for you then don’t take it. I don’t think I will take it at that price either unless necessary like going to Pioneer Hall. But my point was that I don’t think they are shooting themselves in the foot. There are people who will pay it.

Actually, I’ve heard reports that it hasn’t been profitable yet. Not sure if that is accurate but source was credible (public source, not someone I know). If $40 is too expensive for you then don’t take it. I don’t think I will take it at that price either unless necessary like going to Pioneer Hall. But my point was that I don’t think they are shooting themselves in the foot. There are people who will pay it.

I haven't seen anything regarding their numbers so I don't know. I do think raising the rate will shrink their clientele base but I suppose they could cut their fleet to stay status quo. And you are right, there are people who will pay anything.

Lyft and Uber didnt buy the cars, they don’t pay the drivers regular pay, pay for gas or maintain the vehicles. Minnie Vans have a much higher operating cost.

Lyft and Uber aren't making billions of dollars off of the majority of destinations of those customer at WDW.

I find them convenient for locations that do not have direct bus service. Also, when the buses are crowded and a seat cannot be guaranteed with a small child. The prices have shifted quite a bit over the last year. First it was $20, then $25 and now this new pricing model.

It cost me like 7 - 9 dollars to get anywhere on Disney property with uber or lyft. I'll never use this minnie van service at this new price range. I was going to try it once for the heck of it but not anymore. Then again I don't go with groups of people in the family

Worth noting? Standard MEARS CAB runs between $10 to $25, just about anyplace on property. We use these often.
Not touching the overpriced MVs.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

The only time I would have used it would have been to get to MK, but I am staying at Kidani and there is no way I can afford the new prices.

The minnie vans are a transition for when Disney eliminates the bus services from resorts to the parks. That is the next shocker money grab coming our way

If they ever eliminate the buses, I think that will be the end of our rather long (1989) tradition of visiting Disneyworld. No way can we afford to pay everytime we need to go somewhere, and we are not going to drive from NYC. Hope this is not true.

If they ever eliminate the buses, I think that will be the end of our rather long (1989) tradition of visiting Disneyworld. No way can we afford to pay everytime we need to go somewhere, and we are not going to drive from NYC. Hope this is not true.
I wouldn't doubt that something is in the works. Perhaps not eliminating the buses, but possibly a charge for use of them. They are great at taking things that were once free and charging for them.

I wouldn't doubt that something is in the works. Perhaps not eliminating the buses, but possibly a charge for use of them. They are great at taking things that were once free and charging for them.

They aren't going to eliminate or charge for bus service from resorts to parks. The may take away or reduce service due to gondolas, but those will still be free.

The Minnie Vans are Disney's answer to Lyft and Uber. That's all.

They aren't going to eliminate or charge for bus service from resorts to parks. The may take away or reduce service due to gondolas, but those will still be free.

The Minnie Vans are Disney's answer to Lyft and Uber. That's all.
Hopefully so.

Wow, it did't take long to increase the price. There obviously was a big demand for the limited number of minnie vans or the price wouldn't have gone up that quickly.
Guess we won't be using them at that price.

It is a niche market and if Disney can profit from it they will. There are those who will never take and those that will. Just as there are those who will stay Deluxe CL and those who never will. Disney does a great job of offering a wide spectrum of options and as long as someone will pay for them they will provide them. Buses are another story. I think the profitability of running them will mean they stay on the road. Sure the gondolas will lessen some routes but the economic reasoning for the buses and the Magical Express system is to get visitors on site and make sure they capture every vacation dollar spent by guests. I freely admit that describes my wife and I. We fly in take ME to our resort and spend the week using Disney transportation. Last visit we Ubered once (Poly to AoA for $11 plus tip) and took a taxi to the Toy Story Early Morning event once ($9 plus tip). Other than that we used buses, boats and monorails. This way Disney gets every penney you spend on food, drinks etc. We don't bring stuff and we don't ship anything ahead since it's just the two of us. If at such time the dollars from providing ME don't fall in Disney's favor they will start charging for it.

Minnie Van Airport to resort $150 Uber Lyft $35-40
Minnie Van Beach Club to Disney Springs $31 "Last week" got a free pass from the Hotel Concierge Uber back $12.
I can afford a Minnie Van but I also like my money so I will stick to Uber Lyft.
Also several people say Minnie Van is the only way to get to Pioneer Hall??? Not true last year for 8 days we were in cabin 120 right next to Pioneer Hall, We simply told the Uber driver to take a right after the Bus Stop. Did that at least 6 times never a problem. It's not like security follows the car..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter