Minnie Van pricing up again?

tnolan

DIS Veteran
I just heard on Disney Food Blog that minnie van pricing is now $3.15 a mile instead of $2.75 a mile after the base price of $15. Is this true?

Do you have a link?
I was watching a video about secrets of Disney World, and AJ was talking about Minnie Vans when she said they were 3.15 per mile after the base of 15. Im pretty sure it was this one, dated Dec 7. I want someone to tell me I heard wrong, please! The Minnie Van part starts around 3:10.

Last edited:

I was watching a video about secrets of Disney World, and AJ was talking about Minnie Vans when she said they were 3.15 per mile after the base of 15. Im pretty sure it was this one, dated Dec 7. I want someone to tell me I heard wrong, please! The Minnie Van part starts around 3:10.
That's what she said, but I think it would be reported in other places if it had increased.

Hoping I heard wrong! 2.75 is pricey enough!
I think, depending where you are of course, that $2.75 per mile or part of a mile is typical taxi fare.

Difference being, of course, that taxis don't charge you a $15 base fee.

I think, depending where you are of course, that $2.75 per mile or part of a mile is typical taxi fare.

Difference being, of course, that taxis don't charge you a $15 base fee.
I think the per mile rate for the minnie van is about 10% higher. But you're right that the base fee is really the killer. Its about eight times the typical base fee for a taxi in orlando

I emailed Disney asking the question, not sure when I will hear back about it, but maybe it will shed some light on this.
Okay, got an answer back from Disney. Remember I specifically asked whether the price had gone up to 3.15 and this is what I got:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Ride in style throughout the Walt Disney World® Resort with our new personal ride service!

The Minnie Van™ Service offers a quick and comfortable ride, all while in a Disney-owned and operated vehicle. Minnie Van™ vehicles are roomy, and playfully inspired by Minnie Mouse. Each vehicle can accommodate up to 6 guests and is equipped with 2 car seats.

Current hours of operation are between 6:30 AM and 12:30 AM (subject to change), and services can either be set up via the Lyft App.

For assistance in setting up transportation to Orlando International Airport (MCO), please call (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529 and one of our Cast Members would be happy to assist you.

For additional information, please visit: Minnie Van™ Service"

Nowhere in the reply did they answer my question about the price.

FWIW, I was curious so just plugged in a route from Poly to YC in the Lyft app and toggled to Minnie Van. If I click through to the price details, it says a Base Fare of $17 and Per Mile of $3.15.

View attachment 457946
Wow! If I were a family needing a car seat or two and this saved me from renting a car, it might be worth it. Otherwise, it’s Uber/Lyft or normal WDW transportation for me.

For requesting: Standard? Or wheelchair-accessible?

Pricing: $17 base fare, i.e. just having the Most nnie Van show up, then $3.15 per mile or part of mile.

So what is a round trip price? and how is this booked? I need to check this out for my client base...(sure, sure) lol.. Do I just call and make a reservation for it? or is it strictly through the Lyft app? thanks!
Unless you have special needs that have to be accommodated, it is all done strictly through the Lyft app.

ok, this is weird, what am i reading then? It is saying $150 bucks one way...and reservations need to be taken.

Minnie Van Airport Service
Secure your ride from the Orlando International Airport to your Disney Resort hotel or select surrounding hotels (and vice versa) up to 6 months in advance.
How to Book
To arrange a one-way or round-trip ride, call (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529. Please have your flight information handy. If you’re traveling domestically, request a pickup at least 2 hours prior to your flight departure and at least 3 hours prior to flight departure if flying internationally. Note: rides cannot be booked through the app at this time.
That's to and from the airport only, just like it says.

ok, this is weird, what am i reading then? It is saying $150 bucks one way...and reservations need to be taken.

Secure your ride from the Orlando International Airport to your Disney Resort hotel or select surrounding hotels (and vice versa) up to 6 months in advance.
How to Book
To arrange a one-way or round-trip ride, call (407) WDW-PLAY or (407) 939-7529. Please have your flight information handy. If you’re traveling domestically, request a pickup at least 2 hours prior to your flight departure and at least 3 hours prior to flight departure if flying internationally. Note: rides cannot be booked through the app at this time.
Airport rides are different, and require a call a couple of hours prior. And they are $150 one-way.

Accessible MV's don't require advanced reservations but they do require a telephone call rather than using the Lyft app. I'm not sure why they don't use the app, but it's probably because they want to screen the request to be sure they send what you really need. The accessible MV's are really for people with motorized scooters, and have lifts and means of securing the ECV.

Regular MV's can be ordered only via the Lyft app.

How to Book
That’s the airport to resort or resort to airport Minnie Van service. It’s really a separate thing from the Minnie Van service that can be used between on-site locations, although the same drivers and vehicles are used for both. That’s the service referred to in the posts above, and for which prices have recently been increased. Regular Minnie Van service is booked using the Lyft app when at an on-site location.

I just think that is rather ..hum, interesting. So I have to pre make a reservation ahead of time, which is fine...but fare goes way up to 150 one way. ok, well, I have to try it to review it...and so it shall be! 🤷‍♀️
It's probably because they have a limited number of vehicles available for airport runs and they need to schedule them. Also, it's a +/-30-40 minute drive. They don't want to drop someone off at the airport, have the car return to WDW, and then get a ride request FROM the airport.

Scheduling allows them to provide better service in either case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!