Minnie Van question

Does anyone know if it’s possible to have your first Lyft ride for free be a Minnie Van?

I may need to upgrade my phone. Question to the group:

Has anyone that originally had the Minnie van code on an older phone had to upgrade? Did the code stay with the app, so that when you downloaded the app again to the new phone, was it still there? Or did you need to have it re applied with a new code from the bell services desk?

Thanks!

Has anyone that originally had the Minnie van code on an older phone had to upgrade? Did the code stay with the app, so that when you downloaded the app again to the new phone, was it still there? Or did you need to have it re applied with a new code from the bell services desk?

Thanks!

It should be linked to your account, yes.

It should be linked to your account, yes.
Meaning I can upgrade to a new phone without fear of losin the code? I hope so because my battery was fully charged 2 hours ago and now is down to 50% even after turning off all the known battery hog suspects like location and Bluetooth. I suppose I could try just getting a new battery for this phone, but this phone is about 4 years old now, so in technology years its a dinosaur! hahaha!

Meaning I can upgrade to a new phone without fear of losin the code? I hope so because my battery was fully charged 2 hours ago and now is down to 50% even after turning off all the known battery hog suspects like location and Bluetooth. I suppose I could try just getting a new battery for this phone, but this phone is about 4 years old now, so in technology years its a dinosaur! hahaha!

Yeah, it should still be linked to your account. Changing phones should not affect it at all.

Does anyone know the code that the resort CMs know to set it up?

When we set it up, we didn't need anyone to set anything up for us. We just downloaded the Lyft app and the option for a Minnie Van came up. I could navigate to either request one or request a regular Lyft.

Thanks!
They may not have an answer for you but I'd at least shoot Lyft CS the question. Can't hurt.
It should be on your account, not your phone. But honestly, no idea positively. It's within possibilities that it's also part of the cache. I do doubt that is how it's stored so surely it's a very remote possibility

Thanks!
Here's the answer I got from Lyft re: upgrading my phone:

profile_image_26215586948_1876045.png

Jan 25, 7:49 AM PST

You can upgrade your phone and use the same phone number, this change won't affect the rides you take with the Minnie Van so you can keep having fun!

If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email and we'll be happy to assist you!

Best regards.

xxxxxxxx (names removed by me)
Lyft Support Representative

Help Center — http://lyft.com/help
Ask Lyft on Twitter! —
http://twitter.com/asklyft

Okay, here's yet another question for the group, and hopefully someone will be able to answer it for me.

I recently had knee replacement surgery and have considered renting a small scooter for use during our Disney World trip the first week of March. I know Lyft has bigger vans that hold 6 passengers and strollers, but does anyone know if the Minnie Vans can hold a small scooter and four passengers? How would you designate one when you put in you request?

Okay, here's yet another question for the group, and hopefully someone will be able to answer it for me.

I recently had knee replacement surgery and have considered renting a small scooter for use during our Disney World trip the first week of March. I know Lyft has bigger vans that hold 6 passengers and strollers, but does anyone know if the Minnie Vans can hold a small scooter and four passengers? How would you designate one when you put in you request?
You request a special Minnie Van equipped to hold an ECV. There are only 2 and you have to request them by phone, so it's a different process than the others.
Regular Minnie Vans can't hold the ECV due to the car seats that are held in the back

You request a special Minnie Van equipped to hold an ECV. There are only 2 and you have to request them by phone, so it's a different process than the others.
Regular Minnie Vans can't hold the ECV due to the car seats that are held in the back
This is going to be a dumbe question (sorry), but I was also wondering about the PP’s question. Where do you find the phone number? Thanks!

When I asked the LYFT folks, the info they gave me pointed me to the regular LYFT service, so I don't think the person answering the question was aware of the Minnie Van number of vehicles that could accommodate a scooter. I'll check with my resort directly before I rent a scooter from an outside vendor... I really would rather not deal with trying to get it on the busses anyway, (having everyone have to wait while they lower the ramp, get it on and strapped in, then raise the ramp before anyone else can board....), so I'll probably just bite the bullet and spend extra $$ renting daily at the parks.... that way, I wouldn't need to worry about the Minnie Van size! :)

Thanks, AngiTN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter