Minnie Van Service from Orlando Intl Airport - Meet and Greet?

Earning My Ears
For our upcoming trip we have currently booked FL Tours to pick us up at the airport. Besides the double-cost of switching, does the Minnie Van offer the meet and greet service at the airport like FL Tours? I apologize if this has been asked before.

I just booked it for an upcoming trip. I was told they would meet us in our airline's baggage claim area. If you have questions, I would call them directly.

For our upcoming trip we have currently booked FL Tours to pick us up at the airport. Besides the double-cost of switching, does the Minnie Van offer the meet and greet service at the airport like FL Tours? I apologize if this has been asked before.

I just booked it for an upcoming trip. I was told they would meet us in our airline's baggage claim area. If you have questions, I would call them directly.

I guess I'll come right out and admit that I'm one of the crazy ones that has paid what we can all agree is a WAY above-market price for a MCO to WDW car service.... so I can help answer your question.

Yes, the Minnie Van driver meets you at the bottom of the escalator / baggage claim area just like a private car service. They will be standing there with your name on a sign with the other car service drivers.

Minnie Vans park in the same drive-through lane that is a floor or two below baggage claim that private car services use. It is extremely convenient.

FWIW, I found the whole experience extremely well-done by Disney. We've used car services in the past, some good, some not so good. The level of pre-arrival and day-of communication with the Minnie Van team blows away anything else we've experienced. I was actually quite shocked how well-coordinated the whole thing was... I expected it to be just a airport service slapped together, but they had put serious thought/attention into the customer experience details... from my perspective.

With the exception of the cost which is of course a major consideration, this service was a winner for us.

Happy to answer any questions.

I guess I'll come right out and admit that I'm one of the crazy ones that has paid what we can all agree is a WAY above-market price for a MCO to WDW car service.... so I can help answer your question.

Yes, the Minnie Van driver meets you at the bottom of the escalator / baggage claim area just like a private car service. They will be standing there with your name on a sign with the other car service drivers.

Minnie Vans park in the same drive-through lane that is a floor or two below baggage claim that private car services use. It is extremely convenient.

FWIW, I found the whole experience extremely well-done by Disney. We've used car services in the past, some good, some not so good. The level of pre-arrival and day-of communication with the Minnie Van team blows away anything else we've experienced. I was actually quite shocked how well-coordinated the whole thing was... I expected it to be just a airport service slapped together, but they had put serious thought/attention into the customer experience details... from my perspective.

With the exception of the cost which is of course a major consideration, this service was a winner for us.

Happy to answer any questions.

Thank you so much for posting your experience! We actually booked it because we wanted to use the accessible van option and, because we have 6 in our party, they are actually sending two vans! (one accessible and one regular Minnie Van). From a cost perspective, for a private, accessible, car service, it was actually quite good as we were quoted more than double for an accessible van from another local car service. I was told they would call us the day before - was that your experience? I'm really looking forward to seeing this in action!

Thank you so much for posting your experience! We actually booked it because we wanted to use the accessible van option and, because we have 6 in our party, they are actually sending two vans! (one accessible and one regular Minnie Van). From a cost perspective, for a private, accessible, car service, it was actually quite good as we were quoted more than double for an accessible van from another local car service. I was told they would call us the day before - was that your experience? I'm really looking forward to seeing this in action!

Sounds like a perfect setup for your situation.

They called and emailed several times in the days leading up to arrival. As a customer, it was very reassuring. The CM that called the day before was perhaps the most pleasant, proactive, and “on top of it” CM I’ve interacted with in my Disney travels. I hate to be so gushy about it, but it was just really good service overall.

Arrival day you’ll get a few emails once they have determined the driver with a name/contact info. They track/monitor flights.

Same with departure day too.

Hope that helps. Happy to answer any questions.

Although @DisneyWishes14 - one caveat, I don’t know this for sure but the accessible Minnie Van might be too tall to park in the normal lower level area where regular Minnie Vans and other car services go while they pick up passengers. It’s sort of a below ground/building area and I’m not quite sure if it’s tall enough for that specific vehicle. If it’s not, I assume they park somewhere close by.

Sounds like a perfect setup for your situation.

They called and emailed several times in the days leading up to arrival. As a customer, it was very reassuring. The CM that called the day before was perhaps the most pleasant, proactive, and “on top of it” CM I’ve interacted with in my Disney travels. I hate to be so gushy about it, but it was just really good service overall.

Arrival day you’ll get a few emails once they have determined the driver with a name/contact info. They track/monitor flights.

Same with departure day too.

Hope that helps. Happy to answer any questions.

Although @DisneyWishes14 - one caveat, I don’t know this for sure but the accessible Minnie Van might be too tall to park in the normal lower level area where regular Minnie Vans and other car services go while they pick up passengers. It’s sort of a below ground/building area and I’m not quite sure if it’s tall enough for that specific vehicle. If it’s not, I assume they park somewhere close by.

Wow, the customer service sounds awesome! I can't wait! I'm so happy they call and e-mail. My friend, whose son is disabled, is quite nervous about the trip, and it's reassuring to hear the Minnie Van CM's are on top of things. When they call and e-mail for pre-arrival planning, I'll be sure to ask them if they need to pick up somewhere other than the lower level - thank you for pointing that out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter