Minnie Van to Hoop-Dee-Doo

Blog Mickey is reporting that the Minnie Van will be allowed to go all the way to Hoop-Dee-Doo. :cool1:

That is worth it's weight in gold, even more than $20 to me.

"Even direct transport to Pioneer Hall for Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is possible with Minnie Van."

http://blogmickey.com/2017/07/review-video-disneys-minnie-van-uber-like-service/
that would only be true if the Minnie Van is allowed to drop off at the bus depot where cars are not allowed. the golf cart paths are not wide enough for van

that would only be true if the Minnie Van is allowed to drop off at the bus depot where cars are not allowed. the golf cart paths are not wide enough for van
I think that might be what they are thinking. If you watch in the video, the Minnie Van actually drops off at the bus drop off area at MK!

If this is true, then I will totally use one of these to get to our Trail's End Brunch and our Hoop Dee Doo ADRs!

My kids, my wife, and I love Trail's End and we love staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The distance between them is just too long to have to wait for a bus, take a twenty-two minute ride to the Magic Kingdom (and now we have to wait in line for bag check before going to the Fort Wilderness Lodge Boat Dock), then wait for the boat, and another fifteen minute boat ride to Fort Wilderness. The Minnie Vans would cut an enormous amount of time out of that. Plus if you look on Goggle Maps there is a rode from the Wilderness Lodge that ends up at the horse barn with a short walk to everything in Fort Wilderness. A rode that does not get in the way of any golf carts. I would spend $40 for the ride there and back every time.

I have to admit if this rolls out to all resorts in October and the wait isn't too bad I'll be canceling my rental and just using Mini Vans. I can't stand the buses (I avoid public transit at home at all costs as well even being in NYC) so often Uber or drive myself. This would get my dollars going directly to Disney especially if it could pick me up at my cabin and then drop me off at a park.

My kids, my wife, and I love Trail's End and we love staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. The distance between them is just too long to have to wait for a bus, take a twenty-two minute ride to the Magic Kingdom (and now we have to wait in line for bag check before going to the Fort Wilderness Lodge Boat Dock), then wait for the boat, and another fifteen minute boat ride to Fort Wilderness. The Minnie Vans would cut an enormous amount of time out of that. Plus if you look on Goggle Maps there is a rode from the Wilderness Lodge that ends up at the horse barn with a short walk to everything in Fort Wilderness. A rode that does not get in the way of any golf carts. I would spend $40 for the ride there and back every time.
but cars are not allowed on that road between the Lodge and the Fort buses only. plus I can see a problem with people not wanting to safely wait until bus loads a wheelchair/ECV while their van sits in sight. I can see someone getting hit by bus leaving cause they decided to make a run for the van and bus driver did not see them in a blind spot. and yes I have used the bus depot for campground transportation. plus it will be a slow 10mph speed limit thru campground and if behind a bus a number of stops letting people off at loops

I just want to pass along a note of caution from one of the bus drivers at WDW who regularly posts on the DIS FB page. He just wanted people to know/remember that these vans are not "instant." If there isn't one available at your specific time, you WILL have to wait for one and the wait could be 15-20 min. Plan accordingly.

I just want to pass along a note of caution from one of the bus drivers at WDW who regularly posts on the DIS FB page. He just wanted people to know/remember that these vans are not "instant." If there isn't one available at your specific time, you WILL have to wait for one and the wait could be 15-20 min. Plan accordingly.
I was thinking of him as I read this thread. His advice is to still allow up to 90 minutes of travel for a reservation. Sure, you could be there in 15 if a van is available at your location immediately. Or it could be an hour. Now when these are fully rolled out it might be different. We will see.

It would be well worth $40 round trip from Pop to Hoop De Doo with a baby. I hope this is actually true that they take you directly to Hoop De Doo door steps.

It would be well worth $40 round trip from Pop to Hoop De Doo with a baby. I hope this is actually true that they take you directly to Hoop De Doo door steps.
no way will you be taken to the door, you will have to walk from bus stop if it is allowed. no car parking or drop off at the door. it is a short walk but long enough that a baby will feel very heavy. not sure where you would have to park stroller

Since no one reported actually taking one to Hoop dee doo review, just wanted to say that we just did. Took 20 minutes total from time of requesting the Minnie Van from BWV including installing car seat and being dropped off at the Circle D Ranch bus stop. The walk was easily handled by my MIL with knee replacements and bad hips. Maybe about a 3 minute walk to Pioneer Hall. $20 well spent for us.

Last edited:
Wonder if this would this work for Trails end Breakfast? I love that place but hate trying to get there early in the morning.

I had to get 7 adults, 3 kids, and an ECV from EPCOT to the 6:15 HDDR on December 22. I asked the Poly concierge how to do so with Minnie Vans, since the ECV required a special vehicle. The awesome CM gave me a number to call about an hour before we needed a ride. I called at 4:15 (from Canada), two vans arrived at the taxi lot at 5:15, they dropped us off at the bus stop near Pioneer Hall, and we were checked in to HDDR by 5:45. $40 well spent, and both vans were charged to my Lyft account. The only downside was that the New Yorkers in my party complained about the smell of horse poop.

The number to call is 407-828-3500

Last edited:

I thought you had to be staying at a Deluxe resort to even get the code to be able to use them?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter