Minnie Van to Port Canaveral . . . think twice

And, the current full sized vans have absolutely no storage space behind the last seat. It may hold 12 pax but no room for luggage. Even if you had 7 people the headrests are so high that we could not even pass suitcases over the seats. It was so dang frustrating!!! You would have to put the luggage in the front row of seats (behind the driver) and then all the people behind that. At least that was our experience. I can't figure out why rental places can't take out that last seat if you don't want it. We asked them to and they said no. MJ

Geez, they don't make it easy. Back to researching. Just want to move 7 people, 3 of the in car seats, plus luggage from SSR to the port. Thank you for the information.

Two rental cars? Or two taxis/ubers/etc? Or - the traditional shuttle bus which will have no issues accommodating all of you.

Didn't know the limit is 6 seats on the Minnie. Thank you for the information. Guess I need to keep researching for family of 7.

There are likely tons of private or semi-private shuttles that will work. We used Laura's Shuttle in MCO, the five of us needed pick up from Port Canaveral, drop off to Universal Studios hotel, then a few days later they picked us up and drove us to MCO. Total cost was about $150.

Geez, they don't make it easy. Back to researching. Just want to move 7 people, 3 of the in car seats, plus luggage from SSR to the port. Thank you for the information.

Once we rented from a private limo company and they had a passenger van to fit all of us and they had a small luggage trailer to carry all the luggage so all is not lost!! Sorry I can't remember the name of the company.

MJ

Wow! I'd rent a car and leave it at the port for that much! And to have a chatty driver too? Ugh. :crazy2: Usually when we're traveling we're leaving early in the morning or coming back exhausted so please shhhhh......!
$240. That would pay for rental cars for two weeks

Sorry, couldn't resist. :earboy2:

347kb5.jpg

It is funny how different everyone is. Granted all our Minnie van rides have nbeen on property,so much shorter than yours, but
We’ve loved the rides where the CM’s had been Cast Members for a long time and chatted with us all the way. Our kids love it too. I will say the chats were better when the Minnie Vans were in their testing phase and most drivers had been CM’s for years. Our more recent ones,we had several College Program Cast members. They were fine to drive...but no depth of stories to tell.

What is needed to transport all those people and luggage is one of those Sprinter vans. We had one in October from our home to the port in NYC and it worked great. We had 3 car seats in it plus 4 adults. The Sprinter Vans have tons of seating plus a lot of room in the back for luggage.

I need a Sprinter van for my own personal use....we have a big family and we watch our 3 grandkids (all in car seats) full time so it would make it so much easier when we all go somewhere instead of taking two or three cars LOL!!462185SPRINTER VAN.png

MJ

Did you take your luggage in Minnie or did DCL pick up at the resort ?

In the past, it was necessary to take your luggage with you on the Minnie Van. Sometime between our May '19 and October '19 cruises, an option to have your luggage picked up for a fee was added but only IF DCL was already picking up other passengers at your resort on the DCL bus. We used the service in October and I loved it. It is necessary to call DCL Embarkation Service two nights before the cruise to determine eligibility. It is $25 for up to six pieces of luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter