Minnie Van with Collapsed Wheelchair

tobikaye

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used the regular Minnie Vans with a collapsed wheelchair?

I know that most of the Lyft vehicles I ended up using in January would not have been able to take the wheelchair unless I bumped up a class or two. I have a 2018 Traverse and though, the Minnie Vans are Traverses so I know that they have the room. Then I had a second thought that those have the additional 2 car seats that might take up the needed space. I could possible put the wheelchair in the second row with me, but then getting it in and out at the same time might be difficult.

Before I attempt to experiment at home this weekend, I thought I should just ask here and see if anyone has done this.

Thank you.

The trunk is full with the 2 car seats, so the wheelchair won’t fit back there unless the car seats are moved. But if you have less than 5 people in your party, there should be enough room to put the wheelchair somewhere up front, or put the car seats up front even with no one riding in them.

This is my problem as well, I need a Minnie van WITHOUT those car seats, to store my son's convaid chair. Since it is not possible, I use regular Uber/Lyft.

I was able to use the Minnie Van with a wheelchair. It was only me and my mom so they were able to move the car seats and fold down the seats in the back. I had double-checked at the front desk before I booked the car and they called up someone to double-check for me if there would be room. If you need a special request I would double-check with the front desk and they can find out for you

I was able to use the Minnie Van with a wheelchair. It was only me and my mom so they were able to move the car seats and fold down the seats in the back. I had double-checked at the front desk before I booked the car and they called up someone to double-check for me if there would be room. If you need a special request I would double-check with the front desk and they can find out for you

Thank you.

We used Minnie Vans a couple of times this past Sept. Our family is 6 people and our oldest dd uses a wheelchair. We were able to fit it between the middle two seats. We had one in the front passenger, two in middle with w/c between us and three in back (all kids). It took some maneuvering but we got the chair in.

ETA: We also asked in advance if the chair would be a problem and were told that it should fit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter