Minnie Vans expand service to Orlando International

Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Chugging along the path of life
I think luggage capacity would be a concern. If you really just had carry on luggage with 5 or 6 people (plus purses perhaps) it's likely do-able. You start adding in checked luggage sized items and you'll quickly run out of space. Families too could run into issues depending on how much stuff you take.

*FYI post was moved over here to a dedicated thread by mod*

Last edited:
a quick google search shows van service from disney resorts is $131 one way from the first orlando limo company I found. A suburban $96 and a lincoln mkt $88.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but if you are on property you get DME free, why pay for something you already get - granted DME isn't "private" or as you demand it time wise but still.
Well I could see part of this is because you can control when you are picked up. The article didn't mention anything about arranging pick up at least X hours before your flight like DME does. Obviously my thought would be moot if there was a time requirement.

Maybe this is a stupid question, but if you are on property you get DME free, why pay for something you already get - granted DME isn't "private" or as you demand it time wise but still.
I think the biggest benefit is getting to the airport when you want vs. having a specific pick up time. People were not happy getting picked up 4 hours before their flight before.

For all bringing up the luggage issue with the Minnie Vans - while it is a valid concern...most folks would be able to do Resort Airline Check-in so the odds are good that many wouldn't have any large luggage, just some small day bags and such.

On our last day at Disney we end up my one underseat roller bag with us on the plane and everything else gets checked in the morning at the resort.

a quick google search shows van service from disney resorts is $131 one way from the first orlando limo company I found. A suburban $96 and a lincoln mkt $88.
This would be comparable in size/space to a Suburban or Tahoe.

This is one upcharge I have no issue with what so ever. A larger family with kids and a ton of luggage will see the benefit. I'm more than happy to use magical express. I enjoy the trip to the resorts with other families. It sets the tone for me

$150? Go home, Disney. You’re drink.

You can get a limo or a Surburban one-way for less than that and you don’t have to worry about cramming everyone in a small crossover.

Oh, sorry, maybe you didn't realize. These Chevy's have polka-dots and a Minnie head on them. Obviously justifies the price. That's ok...we all make mistakes, that's why pencils have erasers.

I think luggage capacity would be a concern. If you really just had carry on luggage with 5 or 6 people (plus purses perhaps) it's likely do-able. You start adding in checked luggage sized items and you'll quickly run out of space. Families too could run into issues depending on how much stuff you take.

In the article it says they recommend folks use the resort checkin service for luggage so I imagine they anticipate that being an issue. For those of us not from the US, that's impossible. I'm pretty meh about it. Good concept maybe if money is no object.

$150? Go home, Disney. You’re drink.
I went through a "measured" response about how it cost me $30 with Uber in early Dec (upgraded to a Cadillac, no less, because they weren't busy at the time), but I like your response better! :rotfl:

IMG_8920.jpg

Because some people lose their dang minds over the idea of using a more public transport option, that's my flippant response :P

But realistically perhaps it would be useful for people who:
  • don't know that magical express exists
  • have a larger family
  • don't want to use Uber but are fine with using the Disney Lyft option
  • maybe leaving at an odd time or have precheck
  • have lots of extra money to spare
But that's kind of edge cases for that price. I think it would be a better target if it was half that price at most.

If you have 5-6 people that's not that bad per person. Luggage space could be an issue though.

Yes it is! You can get a lift or Uber for maybe $30. Even considering the need for car seats - I can't see the justification of this price.

Edit: The Minnie Van price around site is what $20. That is on par with a Taxi, and maybe 30-50% more than Uber/Lyft. This airport ride is 500% more than an Uber, and probably 200% more than a taxi.

Yes it is! You can get a lift or Uber for maybe $30. Even considering the need for car seats - I can't see the justification of this price.

Edit: The Minnie Van price around site is what $20. That is on par with a Taxi, and maybe 30-50% more than Uber/Lyft. This airport ride is 500% more than an Uber, and probably 200% more than a taxi.
Uber or Lyft for $30 for 5-6 people? I honestly don't know since I have only used Uber once in my life.

Wondering if you can utilize the pick up from a park, checking your bags at the desk in the AM, go to park then minnie van it from park to airport. I can see that as viable scenario over using the MDE.

I know we tend to leave mid or late day, so that could enable some park time on day of departure with less stress.

Wondering if you can utilize the pick up from a park, checking your bags at the desk in the AM, go to park then minnie van it from park to airport. I can see that as viable scenario over using the MDE.

I know tend to leave mid or late day, so that could enable some park time on day of departure with less stress.
If you are scheduling it that could very well possibility. That would be a benefit to using this vs. DME.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter