Minnie Vans - Lyft app code

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
I’m the Disney planner in our family, so my MDE account on my phone is the one we use at WDW. On the other hand, DH’s Lyft app on his phone is the one we use for Lyft.

So, when we get to VGF (tomorrow!:banana:), will his Lyft app show or offer the opportunity to use the Minnie Vans? Or will I get a code in my MDE that I can give to him to link to the Minnie Vans? Just wanting to be prepared for whatever we’ll need to do to use that service!

DH and I both have Lyft accounts and I'm the only one with an MDE account. When the Minnie Van notice came it only came to my phone. DH's phone never did get Minnie Van option. We probably could have had them add it manually but it wasn't necessary, we were always together and it was easier to just use mine
Honestly, have DH give you a referral using his Lyft account.
That way, you can get a discount on rides and get it set up on your phone.
And he'll get a referral discount code too. That way, if you aren't using a Minnie Van you can use his, you'll double up on discounts

Curious, you can use regular Lyft at WDW? I have no interest in paying $25 to take a MinnieVan when it costs less than half that using regular Lyft

Or will I get a code in my MDE that I can give to him to link to the Minnie Vans? Just wanting to be prepared for whatever we’ll need to do to use that service!

I don't think there is a "code" which allows you to use Minnie Vans.

I believe that some people who have the Lyft app on their phone find that when they get to Disney World and open the Lyft app, they see Minnie Van as a type of car option. That did not work for me. I was staying at a participating hotel, so I went to the Bell Services desk inside the lobby. They had to enter something into their computer (my phone number, I think), and then I could see Minnie Van as a type of car option when I opened the Lyft app.

Some people might get a notification in their MDE account advising them that Minnie Van is available. However, I never saw anything in my MDE account and I could have used Minnie Vans after Bell Services did their thing.

There have been reports of people going to Bell Services at a participating resort (even though they were not staying there) and having Bell Services set them up for Minnie Van access. So if you want to use it on your husband's phone, I don't think it matters that the MDE account is in your name on your phone.

We were told that in order to get the Minnie Vans to show up on your Lyft app, the resort had to enter a code in the system with your cell number. We did that on our trip. At that time, Minnie Vans were only available for some resorts, but the number is growing all the time, so the codes may no longer be necessary at some point.

We liked knowing that we were being driven by a cast member, and since our son was in a car seat, that all Minnie Van drivers receive 8 hours of car seat training. I understand that other services might be cheaper, but sites like whosdrivingyou.org have made me very leery.

I don't think there is a "code" which allows you to use Minnie Vans.

I believe that some people who have the Lyft app on their phone find that when they get to Disney World and open the Lyft app, they see Minnie Van as a type of car option. That did not work for me. I was staying at a participating hotel, so I went to the Bell Services desk inside the lobby. They had to enter something into their computer (my phone number, I think), and then I could see Minnie Van as a type of car option when I opened the Lyft app.

Some people might get a notification in their MDE account advising them that Minnie Van is available. However, I never saw anything in my MDE account and I could have used Minnie Vans after Bell Services did their thing.

There have been reports of people going to Bell Services at a participating resort (even though they were not staying there) and having Bell Services set them up for Minnie Van access. So if you want to use it on your husband's phone, I don't think it matters that the MDE account is in your name on your phone.

I thought I had posted an update to my question, but apparently not! While driving across the Florida panhandle on the day we were to check in, I received an email or text informing me about Minnie Vans and the Lyft app and giving me a code to enter into Lyft. I installed the app and entered the code. Then when we stopped for a break I gave the code to DH, he entered it into his Lyft app, and he too could see Minnie Vans when he set his pickup to be at WDW. So both of us had access to Minnie Vans. We didn’t use them but liked knowing we had access!

This is my first time reading about Minnie vans. Do you need to get to your hotel and check in first in order to install the app? Can someone clue me in on how to use these and get the app?

There's lots of posts here about Minnie Vans that will help shed light on them. Search here on the Transportation board
The Lyft app you can install any time you want. You get that from the app store for your device
You can't add the Minnie Van class of vehicle until you get to Disney and it's your check in day and you are staying in a participating resort.

....You can't add the Minnie Van class of vehicle until you get to Disney and it's your check in day and you are staying in a participating resort.

Or, you may receive an email or text from MDE the day you’re scheduled to check in, giving you a code to enter into the Lyft app and add the Minnie Vans before you actually arrive. I did! (You won’t see the MV on the app until you set your pickup point somewhere on WDW property, though.)

I just signed up and can access a $4 coupon to use by the first week of August. Is there any way to receive a larger discount for our upcoming stay in late August? We would consider using Lyft to take Minnie Van to the Dolphin.

I just signed up and can access a $4 coupon to use by the first week of August. Is there any way to receive a larger discount for our upcoming stay in late August? We would consider using Lyft to take Minnie Van to the Dolphin.
It will be a larger discount if you use a regular Lyft instead of a Minnie Van. BTW, this thread is all outdated, incorrect info regarding Minnie Vans.

It's random. You might want to search for the Everthing You wanted to know about... thread, with much more current information.

I signed up for Lyft but I did not receive a coupon code by email. Anyone know how I can get one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!