Minnie Vans MK question

snowwhite84

DIS Veteran
Hi all! If using the Minnie Vans to go from MK to AK, is there a designated spot at the MK entrance where the Vans will be already be waiting? Or do we have to request one and then wait for one to arrive? If the latter, how long do they usually take to arrive? Going second weekend in Sept, if that helps. TIA!

Hi all! If using the Minnie Vans to go from MK to AK, is there a designated spot at the MK entrance where the Vans will be already be waiting? Or do we have to request one and then wait for one to arrive? If the latter, how long do they usually take to arrive? Going second weekend in Sept, if that helps. TIA!
I haven't used 'em yet, but will be using them while in WDW later this week. from what I've learned so far, you call the Minnie Van via Lyft app. The driver will give you their van number so when they arrive, you'll know that the van is the one you requested and not some other van. I also read that you can track the van as it makes it's way to you so you'll have an idea how long before they arrive.

At MK, the MinnieVans pick up at the same location where the Disney buses pick up -- very convenient.

You order on the Lyft app, and since the MK dropoff point is the same place and only a short distance from CR, your chances of a quick pickup are good...depending on the time of day.

If you are unable to get a MinnieVan ($25), you can walk over to CR and order a regular Lyft or Uber, or take a CR-AK bus. Uber or Lyft will be less expensive, and of course the bus is free.

At MK, the MinnieVans pick up at the same location where the Disney buses pick up -- very convenient.

You order on the Lyft app, and since the MK dropoff point is the same place and only a short distance from CR, your chances of a quick pickup are good...depending on the time of day.

If you are unable to get a MinnieVan ($25), you can walk over to CR and order a regular Lyft or Uber, or take a CR-AK bus. Uber or Lyft will be less expensive, and of course the bus is free.
It should be faster to take a bus to AK from MK, than to walk to CR and get a bus there.

Is it typical that it is hard to get one? If you have to wait say 10 minutes, it would be about the same time as taking a bus, no?

I guess my question is, are the vans typically already at MK and ready to go, or at least very nearby, cutting down travel time vs the buses?

No the vans aren’t already waiting there, you need to call one. Certain times of the day, like closing time it can be difficult to get one. During busy times the driver will finish their run and immediately be assigned the next one so when you order them they may have just finished dropping someone off at a hotel and it will be a few minutes.

Is it typical that it is hard to get one? If you have to wait say 10 minutes, it would be about the same time as taking a bus, no?

I guess my question is, are the vans typically already at MK and ready to go, or at least very nearby, cutting down travel time vs the buses?

It is impossible to predict in advance.

Yep. OP, is there a reason you don't want to take the bus? Expected time crunch? Just don't like them?

Time crunch! My sister and I are doing a quick weekend and have an 8 am CRT breakfast with a FoP FP from 10-11 am. We go to Disney about four times a year so none of it is a cant miss. We’ve both done FoP but sister has never been to CRT and requested we try, so I’m going to see if we can make it work. If we can’t make some of our plans, that’s fine. But I’m thinking we can leave MK by 10am and be ok. Im planning to go bagless to help hurry things along!

Time crunch! My sister and I are doing a quick weekend and have an 8 am CRT breakfast with a FoP FP from 10-11 am. We go to Disney about four times a year so none of it is a cant miss. We’ve both done FoP but sister has never been to CRT and requested we try, so I’m going to see if we can make it work. If we can’t make some of our plans, that’s fine. But I’m thinking we can leave MK by 10am and be ok. Im planning to go bagless to help hurry things along!
Been there myself, so I totally understand where you are coming from. I'm thinking at that time of morning you'll do pretty well trying to get a Minnie Van. As you go through the tunnels, pull up the app, check for a Minnie Van. If you aren't matched up with one, abandon it and alter course, hoof it to CR and grab a regular Lyft or Uber. If you are matched with a Minnie Van, you should make it to the Bus Stop (#11) by the time the car does.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter