Minnie's Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks dessert party plaza garden viewing

Can I ask what you prefer about the terrace? I can’t decide which one to book.

Personally for us I liked the comfort of being able to stay at the Terrace area and away from the crowds and relax - while the Plaza view had less of a crowd issue than the Hub it still got quite crowded.

Do you have to show up 90 minutes before the fireworks ?
Waste of time - I rather be on an attraction than eating for 90 minutes
Is it really worth it ?

Hey, my Disney Sisters and Brothers🤗
Can anyone tell me if all of November is sold out? I've got tickets for the 8th and 11th, but I can't find anything for the Dessert Parties.

Hey, my Disney Sisters and Brothers🤗
Can anyone tell me if all of November is sold out? I've got tickets for the 8th and 11th, but I can't find anything for the Dessert Parties.

I see availability for 11/11 for the Plaza Garden Viewing version (but not the 8th): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...ickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-plaza-view/

The Tomorrowland Terrace version appears sold out for both dates: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/fireworks-holiday-dessert-party/

I see availability for 11/11 for the Plaza Garden Viewing version (but not the 8th): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...ickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-plaza-view/

The Tomorrowland Terrace version appears sold out for both dates: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/magic-kingdom/fireworks-holiday-dessert-party/
Hey, I was looking at the Dessert Parties. I never tried the Plaza Garden Viewing. Have you done the Plaza Viewing? And thanks so much for answering my post
😀

Hey, I was looking at the Dessert Parties. I never tried the Plaza Garden Viewing. Have you done the Plaza Viewing? And thanks so much for answering my post
😀

Haven’t done it for MVMCP, but have several times for regular fireworks and MNSSHP (as recently as a few weeks ago).

My quick opinion is that the dessert parties for things like MNSSHP and MVMCP are more of a “splurge” type thing and not really needed. Even with the new projection heavy show, finding a spot in the Hub is not a massive undertaking, generally speaking. Plus depending on how much time you spend there it can eat up a bunch of party time which can be better spent doing other things.

But there certainly are some benefits too... the surety of a dedicated space, knowing your view will be good, etc. I have younger kids and taking a “pause” in the evening / having the garden to get out some wiggles while waiting is nice. You don’t ‘have’ to check-in at these things on time - you can time them to suit what works for you.

I always talk out of both sides of my mouth on these things. Fundamentally I don’t think they are worth it during MNSSHP and MVMCP, but then I find myself booking them. So not really sure what that means in terms of advice!

I did the terrace viewing on July 3 so we wouldn't have to deal with the crowds. We booked a Garden Viewing during the christmas party. I felt during the terrace you couldn't get a great view of the fireworks at times, and would have been difficult to see some the projections if July 4th was heavy on it (which it wasn't). And since it's cooler, don't see the need to be undercover, may feel nice.

Has anyone been yet? I was curious if it was the same food as the HEA Dessert Parties (some sweet, some savory) - or something different.

I'd also like to hear from anyone who has attended. Were there enough projections on the castle to make this worthwhile? The live stream didn't appear to have very many.

I've attended the dessert party with Plaza Garden viewing several times. I love the ease of not being squished into the hub and still seeing the show. At one of our MNSSHP nights, I booked the dessert party because I wanted a chance to really enjoy the new show without jockeying for a good view. That worked out well so I am now booked to see the new Christmas show when we attend MVMCP on Nov 24. I'm particularly glad I booked for MVMCP because our night was the second to sell out.

For those interested in the food/dessert portion. I will say that my son and I are not the type to eat large meals. The dining plan is WAY too much food for us. We typically share meals still :) But... we both get our money worth at the dessert party in cheeeseburger egg-rolls! It's got to be $7 or $8 for 2 rolls when they are serving them at the cart in Adventureland. With the eggrolls and a few desserts, fruit, cheese, and all the drinks available, we leave stuffed and ready for the show. I like to ask for a to-go cup and bring either hot chocolate or decaf coffee down to the garden ;)

I've attended the dessert party with Plaza Garden viewing several times. I love the ease of not being squished into the hub and still seeing the show. At one of our MNSSHP nights, I booked the dessert party because I wanted a chance to really enjoy the new show without jockeying for a good view. That worked out well so I am now booked to see the new Christmas show when we attend MVMCP on Nov 24. I'm particularly glad I booked for MVMCP because our night was the second to sell out.

For those interested in the food/dessert portion. I will say that my son and I are not the type to eat large meals. The dining plan is WAY too much food for us. We typically share meals still :) But... we both get our money worth at the dessert party in cheeeseburger egg-rolls! It's got to be $7 or $8 for 2 rolls when they are serving them at the cart in Adventureland. With the eggrolls and a few desserts, fruit, cheese, and all the drinks available, we leave stuffed and ready for the show. I like to ask for a to-go cup and bring either hot chocolate or decaf coffee down to the garden ;)

How long before the fireworks start do you typically check in for the dessert party?

How long before the fireworks start do you typically check in for the dessert party?
Last year, during the Christmas time, I checked in 15 minutes before the stated check in and that got us a table where we could enjoy seeing the castle all lit up. But for HEA I've arrived 15 minutes after check in time and no problems having time to eat and find a spot in the garden.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter