Miracosta: What's the Big Deal?

gmi3804

Gonna ruin Maw’s birthday
DVC Silver
Miracosta Hotel seems to be THE place to be at TKL, from my reading and researching. Why is it considered the preferred hotel? It's certainly the one that seems to sell out first. Is it because of the park location, views from the rooms? Maybe pictures don't do it justice, but it looks like a huge Olive Garden to me. :)

Any insights are appreciated.

It's IN the park. You're part of the theming! Yeah, it may look a little cheesy, but being part of the park is good enough for me. (Not that I will ever be able to afford to stay there, but that's why I would!)

The DL Hotel there is so stunning, the MK seems over the top!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I guess that it's the "in the park" thing that's most attractive about Miracosta?

I agree that the TDLH just looks so beautiful. I have my reservation for there, as I think I'll enjoy being there a bit better. I'm sure once I see TDS that my priorities will change. :)

Besides being in the park for walking distance, it's great for early entry into the park as you go right downstairs and get 20 minutes before the general public so great for getting a fastpass and getting a ride in on the more popular rides by just walking on. To go along with this is of course the proximity thing so if you're tired at the end of the day you're just a short walk/train ride away from your hotel and maybe during midday you can rest up quickly/refresh yourself before going back into the park as well.

The detail is gorgeous at the hotel from the outside and the inside with lots of nuance hidden Mickey's.

If you have a view of the park from your room, great way to people watch and watch the shows on the water without the crowds/provides another prospective for watching the water shows as well.

Miracosta Hotel seems to be THE place to be at TKL, from my reading and researching. Why is it considered the preferred hotel? It's certainly the one that seems to sell out first. Is it because of the park location, views from the rooms? Maybe pictures don't do it justice, but it looks like a huge Olive Garden to me. :)

Any insights are appreciated.

:eek:

Olive Garden??? Are you sure you were looking at the right pictures???

Here's some great photos:

http://www.tdrfan.com/around_the_resort/hotel_miracosta/

To add to Ebiten's feedback, the early entry (20 minutes) is a huge benefit if you want to get on a headliner ride like Toy Story.

Right now the only folks getting early entry are Mira Costa guests, but as of April 14 the other two Disney hotel guests can get in there early, too.

Note that the waiting area is outside; I'd heard it used to be indoors.

Note also they don't open all of the park early; Toy Story and Tower of Terror could be ridden, but Mysterious Island was off-limits until official opening.

I was there last week, and was able to stay in a Porto Paradiso-side room. In addition to having a place to recharge during the day (literally -- my phone got perilously low due to all the photos/videos being shot, and it's almost impossible to find an outlet in the park) I loved being able to crack open the window and hear the Mediterranean Harbor background music playing. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter