Missing Thai soccer boys and coach are found alive in cave, EVERYONE is out of the cave!

Wow. The pumps failed right after the boys got out. Thank goodness the doctor and the SEALs got out ok.

Lots of teary moments though.

Yes, for me too.
abf4dc4c.gif

Wow. The pumps failed right after the boys got out. Thank goodness the doctor and the SEALs got out ok.

That's why I was holding my breath still until we learned that EVERYONE had gotten out. There was a lot of people involved, down in the cave as part of the relay support team. Anything could have gone wrong.

Well, bummer. A nearby municipality had a gas explosion so I missed the end of the show.

Wonderful news that the kids/coach were rescued successfully.
Blessings to the SEAL ( family and friends) that lost his life attempting to help and to those also involved in the rescue ..that were injured in the serious vehicular accident.
Here’s hoping they all recovery physically and mentally.
Bless all the rescuers!

So thrilled for their safety. Big exhale.

And for all the work and determination from experts from all over the world. Those parents! How awful to wait it all out. So happy for them.

Agreed Annette on the Thai navy SEAL diver. That is a true definition of hero. So sad for his family and friends.

What an ordeal these young boys have went through. It reminds me of the Chilean mine incident. I’m glad everyone made it out alive. It’s a true miracle and the diver who passed away is a true hero.

Sad news for the Aussie doctor who was the last one out of the cave - his father passed away overnight, just a few hours after the rescues were completed.
https://www.news.com.au/technology/...d/news-story/6199eef6b71d11d9f07e980db9d211cd

Here is another article on the Aussie doctor who stayed with the boys:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-44789693

Snippets:

"When the Wild Boars football team was located deep inside the cave, after being missing for a week, the Adelaide anaesthetist abandoned his holiday in Thailand and volunteered to help.

He went in to assess the boys' health and stayed with them for three days.

It was under his direction that the weakest boys were first led out with the others successfully following in the complex operation.

Dr Harris, known as Harry, is believed to have been one of the last rescuers out of the cave.

The Adelaide doctor is globally renowned for his cave-diving expertise.

'Integral part of the rescue'
Dr Harris was specifically identified by British divers and requested by the "highest levels" of the Thai government to join the rescue, according to the Australian government.

"He was an integral part of the rescue attempt," said Foreign Affairs Minister Julie Bishop who added that the doctor was internationally renowned for his cave rescue expertise.

"[The Australians] have been a big help, especially the doctor," the leader of the rescue mission, acting Chiang Rai governor Narongsak Osotanakorn told an Australian Nine News reporter on Wednesday.

"Very good. The very best," he said in reference to Dr Harris.

Last edited:

According to the Thai governor, they had to abandon most of the equipment & excess oxygen tanks once they got the last rescue person out due to the flooding after the pumps failed. :eek:

I wondered a couple days ago if the Thai government wasn't going to blow up or close off the entrance after they got the boys out, so others wouldn't be able to go in and get trapped too. Now, word is that Thai officials are thinking of turning that whole makeshift village around the cave into a world class tourist attraction. :lmao: They are going to leave in some of the equipment. And they are thinking of preserving some of the diver's uniforms for a museum there.

Me, I'd just wave at everyone going in the cave, from the entrance. :wave2: No way would I be going in. :scared:

Other factoids according to GMA / ABC:

The U.S. military team was stationed in Chamber 3 (the above ground platform and main rescue site inside the cave, closest to the entrance.) They were responsible for the hand off, when each boy got to them, they would transfer the boys to the medics waiting at the entrance of the cave. The U.S. team consisted of air rescue men, support personnel: medical, communications, logistics. "All hands were on deck for this effort."

According to the U.S. mission commander in charge of the U.S. team, who was being interviewed, during the first couple days after the boys were found by the 2 British divers, the boys had to be left alone over night as the rescue divers left to go back outside. They were often left for 24 hours or more at a time with no communication with the rescuers. They had to trust that the rescue team would come back for them. :scared: That was before the Dr & a couple others were able to get through to stay with them.

The U.S. commander also said the rescue operation had no communication with the rescue divers at all once they went past Chamber 3. The rocks & water were too thick for signals to get through. So once they left & went towards the boys, they were pretty much out of communication till they got back. (There were other support personnel stationed throughout.)

He said even though they got out 4 for 4 the first day, they were always cautiously optimistic each day, but extremely vigilant against complacency, as anything could have gone wrong.

He said people aren't trained for this kind of operation. They are either trained for rescue diving OR for cave rescues. But he doesn't believe anyone trains for cave rescue diving operations, going down 2.5 kilometers down into a cave submerged 60%-70% of the way.

When it came time for the boys to be rescued, about 5-6 boys, each time would say they were eager & ready to be the next boy. They weren't showing signs of fear.

Matt Guttman of ABC, asked the Thai governor what the boys said when they first got out.

The Thai governor said they mostly said they were hungry.

Matt: "Did they want to see their parents or give them a hug?"

Thai governor: "Not really. What they wanted most was to watch the World Cup soccer." (They are a soccer team, after all. :lmao:)

(The World Cup soccer has now invited them to the World Cup, but the boys will still be in the hospital. :( The hospital said the boys will be able to watch the Final on TV on Sunday. :yay: )

The Thai governor also said the boys will serve as monks for a time, after leaving the hospital.

Reportedly, their coach kept them calm until they had been found by having them meditate.
Praying1.gif
He is a former Buddhist monk. He had taught the boys to meditate before games to conserve energy.

The coach is reported the last rescued. He was seen shivering & probably suffering from hypothermia when he got out of the cave.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up on the interviews. :thumbsup2

I saw one on ABC: "When the boys were asked what they want to be when they are adults, some said soccer players, of course. But, others said SEALS, as a way of giving thanks to the Thai Navy SEAL who gave his life for their rescue." :lovestruc

I thought the boys had a 30 day ban, so no interviews, because they are all minors.

I thought the boys had a 30 day ban, so no interviews, because they are all minors.

:confused3 I think the Thai government & hospital have changed things, since this had become such an international news incident. Originally, last week, the hospital wasn't going to allow footage of the boys being filmed in the hospital, shown behind the glass partition. But then there were rumors that boys might be worse than they were. So the hospital relented and let the media have that coverage of them sitting up, wearing masks, flashing the Victory sign, etc. at the cameras.

last week, there was also footage of when the parents net the Thai SEALS the next day and thanked them. The SEALS had said they hope to meet the boys someday too.

So, most likely, the Thai government doesn't want media following the boys for 30 days. So they are letting them do interviews now. So, once the media has had their fill and have left, the boys (and that town) can get back to a normal life sooner.

ABC is still reporting on this. :faint:

They interviewed one of the divers, finally. It was one of the British divers who did the first rescue. He said they knew they could get all the boys out. He just didn't know if they'd get them all out ALIVE. :scared: They thought maybe if they got half of them out alive, that would be a good number. :eek: They never envisioned that they'd be completely successful.

They feared that the boys might panic and end up killing themselves or a diver. They feared that a boy might rip off their face mask which would have been deadly. So they gave them the drug Ketamine, a powerful sedative to knock the boys out. They strapped on the face masks tightly to prevent leaks. A single leak could have been deadly.

The first boy started to wake up during the rescue. :scared: And the diver had to re-administer the Ketamine. He had never given an injection to anyone before.

The divers have still not met any of the boys after their rescues. Hopefully someday.

ABC will have a 20/20 special on tomorrow nite on the rescue called, One Way Out. Friday at 10pm ET.

Last edited:
A mini UPDATE on one of the boys rescued from the cave is below.

First, to refresh your memory with details of the event and an interesting detail about how the parents treated the boys right afterwar. (This video was done about a year after the event, by one of the reporters who was there for the rescue):

Now, for the UPDATE:
There is a video at the top of the page in this link:

https://abcnews.go.com/International/thai-cave-survivor-reunites-rescuer-high-school-graduation/story?id=101294342

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!