Mission Space

Daryl

DIS Veteran
Any update on this Attraction? Last time I checked I was told Disney was rethinking the opening Due to the Columbia Tragedy. I wonder how they will address this sensitive Issue.

I don't think that the opening of Mission:Space will have anything to do with the Columbia tragedy. I think that was just an obvious rumor that someone came up with. On the contrary, Columbia was a tragedy, but space exploration will go on, and must go on. It is the best way to honor those who parished.

As for the ride, it has been delayed several times due to technical issues. The latest word that I have heard is that a few people are being randomly selected to go on the ride and give their comments to WDW Imagineering. Supposedly, they have one ride vehicle working at this point and it is being used occasionaly for that.

The latest rumor is late 2003. Just my opinion but Disney shouldn't overthink the "sensitivity" issue. Every one of the Columbia astronauts were BIG proponents of the space program (so much so that they gave their lives doing what they loved in the service of their country). They would have been the first ones in line to ride this new attraction if they had been given the chance.

Just my two cents...

WA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter