Mist Screen in MK’s POTC??

Elias1901

Suitcase and a Dream
Hey all,

I haven’t ridden Pirates of the Caribbean in Florida in a couple years and I’m just wondering if the mist screen “waterfall” effect where Davy Jones appears is still in the Magic Kingdom version or not? I know it was removed in Disneyland as that’s the version I’ve ridden most recently... can anybody confirm if this effect still exists in Florida??

Thanks in advance!!

Hey all,

I haven’t ridden Pirates of the Caribbean in Florida in a couple years and I’m just wondering if the mist screen “waterfall” effect where Davy Jones appears is still in the Magic Kingdom version or not? I know it was removed in Disneyland as that’s the version I’ve ridden most recently... can anybody confirm if this effect still exists in Florida??

Thanks in advance!!
It's been removed; I believe that was done when they changed the auction scene.

yep, it's been removed along with the mermaid references. The mist screen was also removed from the DL version...basically just a minor change in direction for the attraction's scenes

Aww... that’s a shame... I kind of liked that effect. At least in Disneyland they re-worked some classic dialogue and that octopus/cursed pirate diorama where all that used to be. Did WDW get anything put in place of that or is it just a blank void of cave now?? I was hoping to show the first-timer guest in my party the Davy Jones thing, but I guess it’s all a thing of the past now. Ah, how times they change.

Aww... that’s a shame... I kind of liked that effect. At least in Disneyland they re-worked some classic dialogue and that octopus/cursed pirate diorama where all that used to be. Did WDW get anything put in place of that or is it just a blank void of cave now?? I was hoping to show the first-timer guest in my party the Davy Jones thing, but I guess it’s all a thing of the past now. Ah, how times they change.

A pop-up merchandise kiosk.

I liked the mist screen and missed it on our recent visit. Mostly, I miss the mermaids (and the Sailor Bold song they sang). They weren't there for very long. I guess they they couldn't get them to work properly on a consistent basis, so they eliminated them entirely.

I liked the mist screen and missed it on our recent visit. Mostly, I miss the mermaids (and the Sailor Bold song they sang). They weren't there for very long. I guess they they couldn't get them to work properly on a consistent basis, so they eliminated them entirely.
I never even got to see the mermaids when I went. What was the effect? Lights or something under water that splashed water around?

I never even got to see the mermaids when I went. What was the effect? Lights or something under water that splashed water around?

Basically yes, both...WHEN they were working correctly which isn't very often apparently. There was also some mermaid singing in the background, plus a mermaid skeleton in a boat near the other skeletons (which I think didn't really fit the rest of the scene well)

I have a feeling some of the current Imagineers are trying to push this and EPCOT back to a more classic approach in some ways.

The Mermaids were cool, they were like hologram type images that "came up" from the bottom and you would see their tails and a splash of water as they went by. I cant remember what year it was but it was a year my Daughter was obsessed with mermaids, not like she still isn't, and we must have road it at least 10 times that year just because of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter