MK 50 year anniversary

UK Stephen

Earning My Ears
I know we are just over 2 years away from 1 October 2021 the official 50 year anniversary and the answers are not out there yet to the question I am about to pose, but I thought it would be good to get peoples take on this anyway.

When do we expect the various activities linked to the anniversary to start?

1. Will it be 1 October 2021 and run for a year after that?
2. Will it be 1 January 2021 and run for the calendar year?
3. Start some other date in 2021?

As a UK DVC member it is something we have to start to think about a bit sooner than many others and if Disney react as usual it will end up being a bit of a stab in the dark.

It would be great to get people's thoughts on the above even though it will be pure speculation.

Stephen

Based on the news from D23, it will be a celebration in all 4 parks. The logo will be iridescent, and no dates, other then all the assorted enhancements and changes will be ready “by the 50th”. There will be merchandise. That is all that was said. I think based on this, they won’t do any special events or celebrations..if they were...you would think it would have been announced, right? Like a new night parade or day parade or fireworks in MK...

I want to follow this post. Rumors have been all over the place on the new "stuff" I wonder if they will do a new parade or even bring back the night time parade? If they are not going to start any of it until October 1st they could always announce the new stuff at the next D23 in August of 2021. That sure wouldn't give people any time to plan though. I am just hoping they start it before October 1 as I think we are doing a June 2021 trip.

I want to follow this post. Rumors have been all over the place on the new "stuff" I wonder if they will do a new parade or even bring back the night time parade? If they are not going to start any of it until October 1st they could always announce the new stuff at the next D23 in August of 2021. That sure wouldn't give people any time to plan though. I am just hoping they start it before October 1 as I think we are doing a June 2021 trip.
Your guess is as good as mine...I am looking,too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!