MK boat operating hours

zemmer

Mouseketeer
My son and I stayed at the Cabins in June just after they reopened. We’ll be back at Disney World in November, and while not staying at The Fort this time, we’d love to visit and show the rest of the family on our arrival day. If we arrive at Pop at around 3:00, is it feasible to take a bus to MK, then the boat to The Fort? We want to eat at P&J’s (my son said it’s the best fried chicken in the world and his one food request for the trip) and see what we can. Do the boats run to MK until park close? I know we could get Uber or Lyft back but would prefer Disney (free) transportation. Thanks!

Last edited:

The boat to MK will come into the Fort dock about 40min (820am) before rope drop and leave about 10 minutes later and get to the MK in 20 minutes (about 850am). There is only ONE boat at a time that does not run at full capacity so if you see a long line down at the Fort dock when you get there in the morning, do what I did and walk up to the Settlement bus depot. There is a bus that will show up about the same time and take you directly (does not stop at Wilderness Lodge) to the MK bus stop.

20201015_075815.jpg

And then it turns around and goes back to the Fort. I was there last week and there was one bus that ran round trip FW-MK. The bus sat 32ppl max and we only carried 15 (approx 50%) which is probably what the boat does too. There is only 1 boat running roundtrip currently in these covid times so if you don't make it on the first load you have to wait 40min (20min to MK, 20min back) before you can get on the next one.

I ended up taking the bus going and coming and it was fine. So if you want to get to FW from MK (or back) there are two options (boat/bus) but they are equally slow (only one transport running round trip).

There are options to the boat (taking the bus) that I wanted to make you aware of. Last week the Fort bus was leaving out of MK station #10. (Check the master board for the latest station).

20201015_153050.jpg

When you leave the Fort after eating you can check the Settlement Bus Depot (not far away) or take the boat. When we are in no hurry, the boat trip is very relaxing.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter