MK closing at 6pm 3 days out of the week Sept 3-7?

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
what is going on? I cant get dinner in MK that week right now and I noticed even HS and AK are closing by 830pm that week???

Beginning to wonder if I need to change my dates...

Halloween Party. Dates usually are during that time of the year.

As for the other parks, the hours may or may not change. That is sort of the downside of going during a slower time of the year. It's a give and take.

I asked that same question not too long ago. As Mom2rtk said, those are probably the dates for Mickeys not so scary Halloween party. I'm actually excited, since this will be a first for us.

But I thought that it was open until 7 normally for non party goers but we will be at the party that night anyway.

You cant even make dining ADR after lunch hours in Mk that night... I wanted to make a 5 pm LTT but its showing nothing available for any MK restaurants after 230pm which I know cannot be right

How do you make dinner ADR during a MNSSHP then?

But I thought that was up to 7 normally but we will be at the party that night anyway.

You cant even make dining ADR after lunch hours in Mk that night... I wanted to make a 5 pm LTT but its showing nothing available for any MK restaurants after 230pm which I know cannot be right

Speculation is Disney will make MNSSHP days 6pm park closings this year, like they did with MVMCP in 2017.

Halloween Party. Dates usually are during that time of the year.

As for the other parks, the hours may or may not change. That is sort of the downside of going during a slower time of the year. It's a give and take.
Gone this time of year since 2010 and have not seen park hours like this yet

But I thought that it was open until 7 normally for non party goers but we will be at the party that night anyway.

Last year for the Christmas Party they started the 6PM closings to help clear the parks before the party began. Looks like they are now going that way for Halloween as well. I think it is a good strategy and I don't even go to the parties.

Dinner ADRs will most likely open up once Disney officially announces the party dates.

Last year for the Christmas Party they started the 6PM closings to help clear the parks before the party began. Looks like they are now going that way for Halloween as well. I think it is a good strategy and I don't even go to the parties.

Dinner ADRs will most likely open up once Disney officially announces the party dates.

Well that makes me feel better, I really want to eat dinner at LTT before we start enjoying the party... DO you know historically when the dates will be announced? This is the first time I planned in advance to go to the party and not just decided on a last minute whim to go...

Take advantage of the fact that MK will tend to be less busy on those party nights, but that MK will be busier on a non party night. Maybe change your dinner plans and hit MK then go to dinner at one of the monorail resorts. If you have park hoppers then it helps to be able to go to another park for the evening time - thus on non party nights you can go to another park during the day and then if you must have dinner at MK then just go there later in the evening.

Take advantage of the fact that MK will tend to be less busy on those party nights, but that MK will be busier on a non party night. Maybe change your dinner plans and hit MK then go to dinner at one of the monorail resorts..

We are going to do this one of the party nights we will be there for. I was having trouble fitting in a monorail "tour" (only 4.5 days at Disney) but the evening after Magic Kingdom will be perfect for it. We will just get something to eat at the different Food Courts while we tour the resorts.

Well that makes me feel better, I really want to eat dinner at LTT before we start enjoying the party... DO you know historically when the dates will be announced? This is the first time I planned in advance to go to the party and not just decided on a last minute whim to go...

Usually announced mid to late April with purchase of tickets beginning in May.

Gone this time of year since 2010 and have not seen park hours like this yet
When we went October 2016 (our first time going in fall- we've always been spring breakers or week following Memorial Day) we noticed that all the other parks were closing between 7:30-8:30 most nights we were there (this was pre-Rivers of Light at AK). We were so used to being in the parks until at least 10:00 each night, so this was definitely a change for us. But, we took advantage and bussed over to Disney Springs and ate a few nights after leaving the parks.

8:30 is normal closing for DHS that time of year. I am guessing (and it is only a guess) that AK will increase hours a bit. the 6 PM closing at MK is almost certainly for the Halloween party, which has been starting around Labor Day for a couple of years now. Epcot will be at its usual 9 PM that time of year, except for Fridays and Saturdays when it will be 10 PM.

We love going to the MK on party days as the park is generally quieter than on the non-party days! It's also fun to see guests arriving in their costumes towards the end of the day.

How does the 6pm closing work for non-party guests? Can I get in a line for a ride up until 5:59pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter