MK Crystal Palace disappointment

sebovol

Earning My Ears
I ate at the Crystal Palace for breakfast week and it was very disappointing. The biscuits and the chocolate croissants were both cold. The only thing that was hot was the omelet. Since that was a made to order item, it should have been. Considering the buffet costs $53 with tax and tip, I would have to give it a 2 out of 10.
Spencer

Warm croissants and biscuits? I have never had one at any buffet.

I think that one thing one must accept if you are dining at a large buffet is that you are eating buffet food. It is not going to be as piping hot like any entree ordered off the menu or cooked to order. It will be centered around items that can be mass produced to serve large crowds quickly.And breads and rolls are generally not warmed so they do not get stale.

Welcome to the world of WDW buffets. Not to make excuses for the food, but what you experienced was pretty much in line with what you will find at all of them (I'm mostly referring to the character buffets though our recent experience at the Wave breakfast buffet was sub-par). IMHO, they are just plain gross.

Welcome to the world of WDW buffets. Not to make excuses for the food, but what you experienced was pretty much in line with what you will find at all of them (I'm mostly referring to the character buffets though our recent experience at the Wave breakfast buffet was sub-par). IMHO, they are just plain gross.

Any buffet is going to be a buffet. Some are a step above, but those are very pricy, IMO, and you don't get Mickey! LOL!

My favorite brunch is Tuscany in Mohegan, but jeez that one is expensive! And no characters! LOL! Anyway, it is still a fancy buffet and many of the dessert items in particular reflect that.

Sorry you had a bad experience. It is one of my favorite spots for breakfast. But yeah, I have never known either of those items to be served hot. Anywhere.

Any buffet is going to be a buffet. Some are a step above, but those are very pricy, IMO, and you don't get Mickey! LOL!

My favorite brunch is Tuscany in Mohegan, but jeez that one is expensive! And no characters! LOL! Anyway, it is still a fancy buffet and many of the dessert items in particular reflect that.

I tend to agree, but, as I said, I don’t think OP’s experience was out of line with what you typically find at a WDW buffet. They are just not good. The DCL Palo brunch buffet is a whole other story, so I do think there are some good buffets out there!

Sorry you had a mediocre meal, but, sadly, I’m not surprised. Nobody should book a Disney character buffet for the food. You are paying for the characters and, in some cases, early access to an empty park for nice photos etc. The food is not worth the prices they charge. The buffets are in huge demand, so the prices are ridiculous and almost require you to be on the dining plan.

When our kids were little we booked the buffets and they met our needs perfectly. Now that they are “Disney Adults” we avoid the buffets.

I tend to agree, but, as I said, I don’t think OP’s experience was out of line with what you typically find at a WDW buffet. They are just not good. The DCL Palo brunch buffet is a whole other story, so I do think there are some good buffets out there!

I've never seen warm pastries out on a buffet anywhere though, out of WDW or in.

Sorry you had a mediocre meal, but, sadly, I’m not surprised. Nobody should book a Disney character buffet for the food. You are paying for the characters and, in some cases, early access to an empty park for nice photos etc. The food is not worth the prices they charge. The buffets are in huge demand, so the prices are ridiculous and almost require you to be on the dining plan.

When our kids were little we booked the buffets and they met our needs perfectly. Now that they are “Disney Adults” we avoid the buffets.
The other positive to the buffets is you can get in and out quickly as compared to ordering at reg TS. Within minutes you can be eating a plate of food. If you're limited on park time, that a bonus!

I've never seen warm pastries out on a buffet anywhere though, out of WDW or in.
Even Panera doesn't have warm pastries, bagels, etc. In the fall, I had a cinnamon crunch bagel at Panera, and I asked for it to be toasted with butter. They cut the bagel, provided the butter, and directed me to the microwave under the coffee urns.

Even Panera doesn't have warm pastries, bagels, etc. In the fall, I had a cinnamon crunch bagel at Panera, and I asked for it to be toasted with butter. They cut the bagel, provided the butter, and directed me to the microwave under the coffee urns.

Wow. Our Panera’s has a bagel toaster next to the bagel bins. They always ask if you want it sliced and toasted.

its been a few years since we ate there.
The characters were alway great.
The food was meh.
Sounds like nothing has changed.

Have you ever had a warm chocolate croissant? It’s heaven.
Absolutely I occasionally make them for the kids (although I found a recipe for chip and dale cinnamon bun so...) and when the chocolate is still melty, they are awesome.
But,for the OP - We ate at CP, and, it was OK, they had some items I liked, and at a buffet, that's the thing. The kids, especially my daughter, LOVED meeting the characters (Eyore was fun cos I said Eyore is my favourite, and piglet was fun cos my daughter didn't want to stop the hug, and piglet was lovely with her) Warm pastries at a buffet is not entirely practical. I have been at some where you can ask to have your pastry warmed, but never at WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!