MK Dinner - Jungle Canteen / Skipper Canteen? Spicey?

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

Is Jungle and Skipper Canteen two different restaurants (is that the sitdown or is it called another name) and although the food looks good, I want to know if anyone has ordered and just asked that their meal not be spicy. It looks like we can enjoy most of the food but I don't want spicy and I want to be able to sit and enjoy our dinner and a nice drink or two.

Thank you.

Last edited:
It is one restaurant formally called Jungle Navigation Ltd. Skipper Canteen.

The Thai noodles are quite spicy, but nothing else really was to my palate. We have tried every entree on the menu in the last few trips. You can ask them to dial it down, I’m sure.

Don't order the noodles if you don't like spicy. I love spicy and they were a touch too spicy for me and I had to get a side of rice to try and cut it down some. I don't think anything DH ordered was spicy. I would ask your server if you're wondering about any other dishes.

This is a big family favorite for us, we have between 6-8 people ages 6-65. As you can imagine, there are many different tastes we have to work around. Everyone loves it, and it is the first we book in MK. Your server can tell you what is spicy and not.

None of the appetizers are spicy, so you could make a meal of two appetizers too. My kids have zero spiciness tolerance and they both loved the cachapas and shu mai and falafel.

Thank you all very much for taking the time to answer.
This will be a new restaurant for us so I'm going to add it to my list.
Is this a hard to get ADR? I do my ADRs next month so I'm trying to figure out what has to be done first and what
can wait. For instance, I know I need to book my CG Brunch first, and I know GF Cafe and San Angel Inn can wait. Thanks.
Thanks so much!

It is one restaurant formally called Jungle Navigation Ltd. Skipper Canteen.

The Thai noodles are quite spicy, but nothing else really was to my palate. We have tried every entree on the menu in the last few trips. You can ask them to dial it down, I’m sure.
Are the Thai noodles similar to pad Thai? I was interested in trying that if so

Are the Thai noodles similar to pad Thai? I was interested in trying that if so
Not really. The noodles are I think the same type of noodle, but the flavors aren't similar. It was good though I really enjoyed the dish and I love pad thai. There is serious kick to it though

Not really. The noodles are I think the same type of noodle, but the flavors aren't similar. It was good though I really enjoyed the dish and I love pad thai. There is serious kick to it though

I agree. It doesn’t have the peanut flavor profile pad Thai has, but does have same rice noodles. It is more like sweet and spicy chili sauce.

I agree. It doesn’t have the peanut flavor profile pad Thai has, but does have same rice noodles. It is more like sweet and spicy chili sauce.
Thank you. Spice won't bother me. Am from Louisiana and live in Texas now. lol. The flavor is what I was hoping for, but it does sound good so I may try it anyway

Thank you. Spice won't bother me. Am from Louisiana and live in Texas now. lol. The flavor is what I was hoping for, but it does sound good so I may try it anyway
The dish is delicious, full of flavor. Just don't go in expecting something similar to pad thai or you'll be disappointed.

Hve not tried the noodle dish yet. Have tried many other dishes and while really good, have not found any that seemed really spicy. Great flavors, but no heat.

I just ordered this meal in January. I didn't find them spicy at all. I thought the dish was just OK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!