MK during MNSSHP smart?

hawaiilife

Mouseketeer
We are doing two MK days - one mid-week and another either on a Friday (with MNSSHP in the evening) or on a Saturday (non-party day).

We are not doing the party, but trying to decide if it's smarter to do MK on a nonparty day or on a party day? It makes no difference to us, but I a thinking about crowds. Historically, what is smarter? We will see Happily Ever After on the first MK day and dont plan on doing it again anyway.

What are your thoughts? What would you do? Thanks

OK, I hope y'all are right! It's so hard for me to make these decisions. If anyone else has any experience with this, please chime in! Thanks for the responses so far.

Party day for sure. We went on a party day and had super low crowds. We then went on a non party day the same week and you could barely walk.

I have been during MNSSHP times a few trips now. The difference in a party day vs a non party day can be drastic. The party days are much less crowded. Yes, the hours are shorter, but I truly believe you can get more on a shorter party day then a longer non party day.

Our upcoming stay (9-6 to 9-16) we are doing 3 MK days and hopping to MK a few times but the 3 full days are party days. Yes there are shorter hours but way less crowded than non party days. We are doing one party on one of our MK days also.

Anyone with little to no experience is going to say wow MK is open six extra hours on Saturday!!! Plus even people with experience will be like, well I really don’t want to miss HEA. Then there are those who think EMHs are the best. Many many people with party tickets do not purchase an extra day ticket, because they can enter the park at 4:30. So opening until late afternoon you are avoiding all of the above people on a party day.

Party days are your one rare opportunity for less crowded day at the MK before the party starts (great from rope drop till 4 p.m.) I would choose that for sure. Unfortunately we usually only do one MK day per trip, don't get park hoppers, and DS likes to see the castle projection show and fireworks. And we don't care for the parties. That means more often than not I have gone on the non-party days which are extra crowded -- higher crowd levels than spring break.

Of course Disney is a corporation maximizing shareholder profit and can do what it wants. I, though, hate it that they double dip with these parties to get two admissions per day, as it skews crowds so much and make the parks so much more crowded than they would be on the non party days if it weren't for the parties. It has really turned me off on visiting in October, November, and December.

Last edited:
We were there last fall for MNSSHP during the day and then stayed for the party. Much less crowded than the other day we were there when there was no party.

We are doing 2 MNSSHP, but for our normal MK day we are going on a party day. I'm hoping for low crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!