MK EMH for kid rides?

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
I’m curious as to thoughts on this.

On our December 2018 trip, I used refresh in the MK to get ride after ride FP+ with next to no wait. We were focusing on rides for a 2 year old, so they were ones that popped up frequently.

As I plan my next trip, DD will be almost 4, and still focused on those rides. She is an early riser, so we do rope drop. I’ve pondered paid hard ticket events as well as EMH, especially in the MK. If EMH tends to make the park more crowded, wouldn’t it be better to go on a normal day? Can you get more done on an EMH day versus using refresh on a normal Park day?

It seems like I should pick a party day (September 2020, so MNSSHP), rope drop, and avoid EMH - lower crowds and I get the same amount done. Thoughts?

Though I’d like to try DAH, I just think she would be asleep or cranky. I’m still debating MNSSHP, because it’s a lot of money if your kid is asleep at 10!

It seems like I should pick a party day (September 2020, so MNSSHP), rope drop, and avoid EMH - lower crowds and I get the same amount done. Thoughts?

Party days with an EMH in the morning will be golden. You'll have the low crowds during EMH and the lower crowds during the day due to people not wanting to "waste" a day with the park closing early.

With that said, at the age of 4, she'll probably be tall enough to do almost all the rides at MK (Space Mtn may be the only one she can't if she's on the short side). Still, you'll be able to do all you want in Tomorrowland during EMH and some of Fantasyland. I'd plan to grab a FP+ for 7DMT and PP.

We take our grandson every year. He was 3 1/2 last thrip. Absolutely Emh is a necessity. But if you’re talking about EMM, a paid event starting at 7:45 am then yes!! We don’t usually buy extra ticketed event but this seemed like it might be worth it for a child who wouldn’t do well with long waits. Absolutely the best money I spent! We parked the stroller and headed out. It was amazing! Then we could save our FP for the must dos that weren’t part of EMM plus rope drop some! I will do it again next year!

EMM is also an option. Anything in the morning I will consider!

I just am trying to figure out if EMM or morning EMH are worth it when refresh works well. But the crowds would be lower too, which is definitely a plus.

I think they are both worth it. We get more done in the first few hours than we do all day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter