MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe I missed the answer to this, but is it true that now you can book DHS EMM on days further out than the MK EMM is available to book?
If yes, could it be an indication the Disney plans to cancel MK EMM or put it on hold for some time?

I hope that is not the case..

Maybe I missed the answer to this, but is it true that now you can book DHS EMM on days further out than the MK EMM is available to book?
If yes, could it be an indication the Disney plans to cancel MK EMM or put it on hold for some time?

Yes this is correct. I sent an email to Disney earlier today pretty much begging them to offer the MK one in December. Will they do it? Probably not, but it’s worth a shot.

FWIW, you can quickly compare dates here:

MK EMM: https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...-for-date-info-history.3651152/#post-58529655

HS EMM: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ble-for-sept-dec-dates.3701980/#post-59644645

My hunch is the determination of dates between the two are not related, and probably run/managed by different groups. But that’s just my guess. MK EMM, other than 2016, has not been offered in December, so having no dates at the moment isn’t all that surprising. It’s a time of year with many pre-9am park openings, which doesn’t mix well with EMM.

MK EMM got off a 180 day bookable pattern last year around this time too and eventually had Jan+ dates added sometime in October. It’s had a pretty inconsistent pattern of when dates are made available for booking. That’s pretty much how some of these threads got started... never ending “watching” for new dates! :-)

We did EMM on 8/21 (DH, DD7 and DS2). We found it fantastic and a good value. We really found that it helped us get a bunch of the popular rides done with early and the breakfast was better then I was expecting.

They let us in right at 7:45am. We did stop at Starbucks on our way in and we were their first customer so only took 5 mins top. DH and DD went to 7DMT and rode 2x, one train all to themselves. DS and I did WTP 2x while we waited. We then headed over to 7DMT to wait for them, they were filming something that morning so there were extra people and equipment there and watched while we waited for DD and DH.

Then DH and I switched and DD and I rode 7DMT 2 more times, while the boys went back on WTP 2 times. We then did the carousel and Peter Pan and it was 8:57. We lined up to enter the park and headed over to Splash Mountain.

I picked Splash since my DD had a pirates league appt later that morning. I wouldn't advise this as a normal strategy since it took forever. I haven't rode this in forever so not sure if this is the normal but we were backed-up at each ramp. It took us 25 mins for one ride (including a 7 min wait). We only got the 1 ride in and then headed back for the breakfast. If we do this again, we probably would head to space mountain.

We got to breakfast at around 9:40. We found the food selection was a good variety and were able to go up at least twice for food before we notice them starting to break down the buffet.

So for anyone who is still waiting for EMM in December, i encourage you to write to Disney. I did and got a nice call back from a CM. They said they do take these emails seriously. Do I expect them to add it, not really. But I figured me asking them to add it, cant hurt. Maybe they will if they see people willing to buy it. Just a thought

Does anyone recommend meeting princesses right after EMM and if so, how did it workout? I can’t decide if we should go directly to JC and HM or princesses and knock out fantasyland then, use our FP’s for the others early afternoon. Ur thoughts?

Does anyone recommend meeting princesses right after EMM and if so, how did it workout? I can’t decide if we should go directly to JC and HM or princesses and knock out fantasyland then, use our FP’s for the others early afternoon. Ur thoughts?

I wouldn't do Jungle Cruise. There are reports out there that it takes a while at rope drop. I would do the princesses if that's important to you. Those lines get long.

If princesses are on your list, I would definetly recommend to do that. Waits are usually high within a few minutes of RD.
Also keeps you in FL and not a lot of park crisscross.

We did this at one of our EMMs so I could meet Tiana. Worked perfectly! We were second group in line.

I wouldn't do Jungle Cruise. There are reports out there that it takes a while at rope drop. I would do the princesses if that's important to you. Those lines get long.

I’ve done JC at RD. The line to get on the ride wasn’t long (we had to pause to park our stroller), but it’s kind of a long ride. I wouldn’t ride it if there’s a high priority attraction you want to get to right away.

Wanted to share my recent booking story. We have been checking several times daily for 4 on Nov 18th. 2 became available a few days ago so I booked those. 2 more became available today . I tried to book those for the rest of my party but the site would not allow me to as I already had a reservation at that time. I took the chance of cancelling to try and get all 4 on the same reservation. It took about 10 minutes for a party of 4 to be available. When I tried to click the available time NOTHING would happen. I went in and out of the page 6 times and the same thing. Showed available but nothing happened when trying to book. I called. The CM was confused, tried to tell me that EMM was not on Sundays. I corrected her and then she could find not find any availability on her end and was very confused. I kept trying while she tried to figure it out and then all of a sudden it worked! So, I guess moral of the story is ... keep trying? This will be our 2nd time doing this great event and are thrilled to get at on the 18th as that will be a very busy day. We are traveling with my then 11 month old baby. I did not book for her which I assume will be fine.

Wanted to share my recent booking story. We have been checking several times daily for 4 on Nov 18th. 2 became available a few days ago so I booked those. 2 more became available today . I tried to book those for the rest of my party but the site would not allow me to as I already had a reservation at that time. I took the chance of cancelling to try and get all 4 on the same reservation. It took about 10 minutes for a party of 4 to be available. When I tried to click the available time NOTHING would happen. I went in and out of the page 6 times and the same thing. Showed available but nothing happened when trying to book. I called. The CM was confused, tried to tell me that EMM was not on Sundays. I corrected her and then she could find not find any availability on her end and was very confused. I kept trying while she tried to figure it out and then all of a sudden it worked! So, I guess moral of the story is ... keep trying? This will be our 2nd time doing this great event and are thrilled to get at on the 18th as that will be a very busy day. We are traveling with my then 11 month old baby. I did not book for her which I assume will be fine.
I'm actually surprised this one is still taking place. It's the Sunday before Thanksgiving AND its Mickey's Birthday.

Btw, I had a similar issue when I tried to add my husband. You can't just add someone like you would a dinner reservation. I decided to call and have him added that way as I didn't want to risk losing mine and my son's reservation.

I'm actually surprised this one is still taking place. It's the Sunday before Thanksgiving AND its Mickey's Birthday.

Btw, I had a similar issue when I tried to add my husband. You can't just add someone like you would a dinner reservation. I decided to call and have him added that way as I didn't want to risk losing mine and my son's reservation.

I didn't know it was Mickey's birthday! How Fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter