MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) (Thread Now Closed, See New MK EMM FAQ Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think December is probably explained by they have decided not to do it in December just like last year.

In my opinion, don't know that really explains it. They didn't do November last year and we have some November dates. I think no December and beyond EMMs might be because they are being extra careful as to when they schedule given all of the problems they had with releasing incorrect dates for October and November. It seems they are being cautious and want to make sure the dates they release will work...

In my opinion, don't know that really explains it. They didn't do November last year and we have some November dates. I think no December and beyond EMMs might be because they are being extra careful as to when they schedule given all of the problems they had with releasing incorrect dates for October and November. It seems they are being cautious and want to make sure the dates they release will work...
Possibly but I think it is reasonable to suspect that there might not be December dates.

Remember also that last year EMM got way off the 180 day pattern and Jan dates weren’t made available until around October (I think).

Possibly but I think it is reasonable to suspect that there might not be December dates.

If there aren't EMM dates in December it might be more likely because of DAH. There are events the 3rd and 10th, and if we were going to see EMM it would likely have been the 4th or 11th. I have a feeling they wouldn't do EMM the day after DAH (and only because I can't see an EMM scheduled the day after any of the last DAH they've done). I had been hoping for EMM on 12/11 so we'll see what happens...

We did EMM on Sunday August 26th, staying offsite. It was our first park day (DW, DS14, DD5). We arrived at the parking lot at 6:40 and drove right through, so we saved $22 on parking. We got there early to ensure there were no issues getting from TTC to MK. We were the 2nd car in the lot. Walked to security and waited behind the other couple that was there. Security opened at 6:50. Made it on the first monorail of the day, the resort line which boarded at 7AM (they were actually upset that security let us through before 7). Stopped at Poly and GF. There were a few dozen people at the gates when we got there. Checked in and got our wrist bands. They let us into the park at 7:45.

We walked on Peter Pan first. We grabbed a sweet roll and some juice and then walked on Pooh. Rode 7DMT 3 times in a row. Twice we could use the bypass, but once we had to go out and back in. 3 times in a row was enough for us. Went back and rode Peter Pan again. DD wanted to ride the carousel, so we all did that. We could see the opening show through the castle. So 7 rides total. We could have done more, but we didn't want to rush around.

We headed over to ride Space Mountain, where a nice cast member helped us cut through the crazy rope drop crowd heading to 7DMT. Waited maybe 5 minutes for Space, then headed back for breakfast around 9:30. We all enjoyed the food and had our fill, including picky eater DD and DS with multiple food allergies. We sat by the Small World windows and watched the boats go by. And we didn't need to eat anything until dinner time.

Then we rode Small World (9 rides total by 10 AM) before we used our first FP+ (Splash, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder). Then we spent a relaxing day going on rides with shorter waits or getting additional FP+. Never waited more than 15 minutes for anything. Finally left around 8:30PM (after walking only 9.5 miles). It was a great start to our vacation and we will definitely do it again.
This sounds perfect! We’re doing EMM in 9/23 and this is exactly what I envision.

No emm in December due to early park openings. Emm requires 9am opening.

They don’t automatically open the park at 8am all days in December. Last year they opened at 8am days in December and November with MVMCP because of the earlier close time on MVMCP dates. I’m was at MK in December 2016 and the MK was not opening at 8am the first two weeks of the month. We had a PPO BOG that trip and there were EMMs that were held when we there.

Last edited:
They don’t automatically open the park at 8am all days in December. Last year they opened at 8am all days in December and November with MVMCP because of the earlier close time on MVMCP dates.

Not every day... but 20/31 days of December 2017 had 8am or earlier openings. That makes it difficult have a regular schedule for EMM (only one Sunday with 9am open (Dec 10) and one Tuesday (the 12th). Except for the 2nd week of December, the 9am openings were pretty random (and not just confined to non-party days either, there were several party days with MK open 9-6 last year).

What a great event! We got a pic at the partners statue, rode SDMT 10 times, and Winnie and Peter Pan one each. Dunno if today sold out, and once we’re home I’ll post the times (the line definitely goes away around 8:20ish, but even before that we only waited 5/6 minutes).

Also breakfast is way better than o expected—chicken apple sausage, what? :)

I suspect I know the answer, but is the train running between Main Street and Storybook Curcus during EMM? I use a walking stick so will be pretty slow as everyone else around me speed-walks up Main Street.

I will likely send the rest of my party on ahead but I just wondered if there was another option. Thanks.

I suspect I know the answer, but is the train running between Main Street and Storybook Curcus during EMM? I use a walking stick so will be pretty slow as everyone else around me speed-walks up Main Street.

I will likely send the rest of my party on ahead but I just wondered if there was another option. Thanks.

No, the train won’t be running that early. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter