MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Yup - the December MVMCP deserts parties have the same affliction, and that one has been going on for months. Funny we’re all sitting here wanting to give Disney our money for something months in advance, and can’t. :confused3
Thanks again, I asked over on the MVMCP thread I'm trying to catch up on now that we decided to go (yay!), but hadn't gotten an answer or gotten far enough through the thread to find out myself yet :-) . This is crazy, if I were smart I would just keep all of the money I'm throwing at them since this is what we have to go through to spend it. For 2 days we'll be spending at Disney in December I'm looking at MCMCP, Tony's Most Merriest party, CLP package, and JBJB dessert party. IMO they should be spreading pixie dust in front of our feet as we walk for how much extra, unnecessary money we're spending lol! But they don't seem to agree :confused3;).

I'm new to this website, and was just looking to see if anyone was having trouble booking early morning magic in 2020 as well. Looks like this has been noted. I have called and emailed and just gotten a "they must be sold out" answer from anyone I contacted. We booked EMM for March 2020 no problem last week but when I went to add another person, I was told there was no more room. For fun, I checked every single other date in 2020 and they are all "sold out" as well. Guess there is nothing I can do but wait. I am starting to suspect some of the EMM dates are going to get pulled and that's why they won't let anyone book.

Also, has anyone ever gotten an answer on how many tickets are sold? We went last year and there were way more people than 200. We did have to wait for Mine train- about 5-10 min. Not the end of the world, but considering how much of a per minute cost this works out to be, irked me a little.

I had emailed them days ago about no 2020 dates being able to be booked and this is the email I just got back:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Thank you for your email regarding Early Morning Magic at Disney's Magic Kingdom.

Unfortunately, at this time we do not have any further information in regards to this event. We encourage you to visit our website as well as the Disney Parks Blog for the most up to date information.

Clearly no one knows what is going on!! Maybe now that they’ve fixed Peter Pan, the booking will get fixed. I’m sure they’ve gotten a ton of emails/calls!

Wow, with that little of information, I wonder why Disney even bothered to respond?

I really wish I knew what was going on. If I can't add another person, I need to cancel our existing 2020 reservation, and I'd like to book an early breakfast at Magic Kingdom in lieu of EEM, but I can't book it as long as I have the existing reservation, and I don't want to cancel it yet! If they are pulling EMM days, then they might end of cancelling my reservation themselves, and if I wait much longer, all the early breakfast times will be gone. Argh.

Just curious what makes you think they are pulling EMM days?

Well, it's just speculation, I have no insider knowledge. But it's the only reason I can think of- it's clearly not just a website glitch. Bookings were available as of last Friday and then Tuesday everything got "full". I think maybe they are no longer sure which days they want to offer EMM and that's why they don't want any more people booking while they sort it out. I absolutely can't imagine that every single 2020 date got booked between the 2nd and the 8th of October. And if it were just a technical glitch, you'd think they'd just say so.

I can't add another person, I need to cancel our existing 2020 reservation, and I'd like to book an early breakfast at Magic Kingdom in lieu of EEM, but I can't book it as long as I have the existing reservation, and I don't want to cancel it yet!

If the person you need to add is over 18, can you have them book the breakfast reservation on their own MDE account? They can book for a certain number without giving names, right?

Well, it's just speculation, I have no insider knowledge. But it's the only reason I can think of- it's clearly not just a website glitch. Bookings were available as of last Friday and then Tuesday everything got "full". I think maybe they are no longer sure which days they want to offer EMM and that's why they don't want any more people booking while they sort it out. I absolutely can't imagine that every single 2020 date got booked between the 2nd and the 8th of October. And if it were just a technical glitch, you'd think they'd just say so.
Their IT is HORRENDOUS. So no they wouldn't "just say so." Apparently the same thing is happening with all of the dessert parties during the same period (I have been trying to book for February and it's "sold out" the whole month while people are finding availability less than a month out.) There is some technical glitch and I assume as soon as some kind of dates are updated it will all be available again

Wow, with that little of information, I wonder why Disney even bothered to respond?

I really wish I knew what was going on. If I can't add another person, I need to cancel our existing 2020 reservation, and I'd like to book an early breakfast at Magic Kingdom in lieu of EEM, but I can't book it as long as I have the existing reservation, and I don't want to cancel it yet! If they are pulling EMM days, then they might end of cancelling my reservation themselves, and if I wait much longer, all the early breakfast times will be gone. Argh.
can you just book the breakfast under someone elses name?

I’m not sure if anyone else has noticed but they seem to be releasing dates as the 180 day mark hits. April 2, 5, & 9 are now available. I have a trip planned for April 10-17 and yesterday was my 180 day mark. I noticed early in the morning that April 12th (Easter Sunday) turned blue but by later in the day it was gray again. Not surprising since it’s Easter. I’m not sure if it was bookable at any point because I’m hoping for April 16th. Hoping it will be released in the next few days!

I’m not sure if anyone else has noticed but they seem to be releasing dates as the 180 day mark hits. April 2, 5, & 9 are now available. I have a trip planned for April 10-17 and yesterday was my 180 day mark. I noticed early in the morning that April 12th (Easter Sunday) turned blue but by later in the day it was gray again. Not surprising since it’s Easter. I’m not sure if it was bookable at any point because I’m hoping for April 16th. Hoping it will be released in the next few days!

So you were actually able to pull up slots for those dates? Has anyone been able to book for the 2, 5 or 9th? I am still not getting anything to come up. They have been blue for awhile, but nothing ever actually comes up.

So you were actually able to pull up slots for those dates? Has anyone been able to book for the 2, 5 or 9th? I am still not getting anything to come up. They have been blue for awhile, but nothing ever actually comes up.
I didn’t try. I’m waiting for the 16th. Interesting that they’re not bookable. I wonder why they would slowly add dates and not make them bookable. Usually they release a large chunk at a time. Maybe once all of April is blue they’ll become bookable?

Another interesting thing, I just looked again and the 12th is blue. I wonder if I wasn’t logged into my account when I checked later yesterday and the 12th was gray again. I’ve been having problems with MDE (big surprise). I’m doing a split stay so it won’t let me book past the 14th. I wonder if anyone else can see other blue dates that have 180+10.

I don’t think anything after December 17 is bookable even though there are many blue dates on the monthly calendars after that.

does anyone ever wonder if they are truly this incompetent at one hand keeping track of what the other is doing OR if there is someone who truly gets a kick out of messing with the guests? I'm not sure sometimes.

We are waiting for the same week in April! It would be great if they offered EMM on April 16 but I'm not holding out too much hope as I remember last year MK park opening times changed to 8 am for the two weeks surrounding Easter every day except Sunday (or something like that). The reason I remember this odd fact is because we had two PPO breakfast reservations that week at BOG - or what we thought would be PPO reservations - and we wound up dropping them for 9 am reservations so we could make better use of our park time from 8-9.

We are waiting for the same week in April! It would be great if they offered EMM on April 16 but I'm not holding out too much hope as I remember last year MK park opening times changed to 8 am for the two weeks surrounding Easter every day except Sunday (or something like that). The reason I remember this odd fact is because we had two PPO breakfast reservations that week at BOG - or what we thought would be PPO reservations - and we wound up dropping them for 9 am reservations so we could make better use of our park time from 8-9.
I’d be ok with earlier park openings over EMM but I know I wouldn’t be able to ride 7DMT 5 times in a row with only EMH! It would save me a nice chunk of change though...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts