MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

has anyone heard from people who went in 2020? How crowded were the events? (sorry if I missed it in a previous post!)

I will be going on 2/2 and will report back but hoping someone else would have reported by then. Really sorry that I’m unable to get to one of the Cinderella EMMs.

I know this is not the best use of EMM time BUT...my nephews would like to see the welcoming show at the castle at 8:55...and then we hope to rope drop BTM . Does anyone have any strategies for us to accomplish this? Thanks!

has anyone heard from people who went in 2020? How crowded were the events? (sorry if I missed it in a previous post!)

Just went yesterday. Wasn't too busy at all. Got to ride everything at least once. I got to ride mine train with no one else on any of the cars. You can ride much more without a stubborn toddler though. Totally worth it still.

FYI my June date for EMM was OPEN today!!!

Also I candled our party of 4 + 4 for 8am BOG 6/21 if anyone missed out.

The crowds at EMM vary just like they do in the park and are hard to predict. But if its a 9/10 day in the park you can expect a more crowded EMM then on a 4/10 day. We went the week before Thanksgiving a few months back and it was DEAD. Walk on to 7DMT over and over dead. Even the CM were commenting on it being the lightest they had ever seen it. It was probably an anomaly of some kind. But I will say that was our 5th MK EMM in 3 years and even when its crowded if you plan well you can get your money's worth.

The crowds at EMM vary just like they do in the park and are hard to predict. But if its a 9/10 day in the park you can expect a more crowded EMM then on a 4/10 day. We went the week before Thanksgiving a few months back and it was DEAD. Walk on to 7DMT over and over dead. Even the CM were commenting on it being the lightest they had ever seen it. It was probably an anomaly of some kind. But I will say that was our 5th MK EMM in 3 years and even when its crowded if you plan well you can get your money's worth.
I’ve never thought about that, good to know! Something to think about when planning. When you went the week before Thanksgiving do you know that the crowd level was? Was it a 4/10 day or less than that? Thank you!

Blah. Changed from Thursday to Tuesday for the summer. We arrive Tuesday night. I really wanted Thursday morning. It's a quick 3 day pre-cruise trip so EMM would be perfect to knock out MK without FPs then hop elsewhere.

I am sure this is answered in the 80plus pages but do you have to do breakfast? know you pay for it but I rather just ride the rides.

I am sure this is answered in the 80plus pages but do you have to do breakfast? know you pay for it but I rather just ride the rides.

Yhe breakfast itself lasts until 10am (which is passed park open).

So what the convention is: Hit the available rides from 7:45 to 9:00am, maybe rope drop one or two other rides (generally SM and maybe Buzz Lightyear), then go to breakfast.

They do not force you to eat breakfast! :)
And we did not think EMM breakfast was particularly good (we liked the one they provided for HS EMM but this is irrelevant now). Last couple of times we picked up some coffee and pastries but did not have a "proper" breakfast. Still booked 3 EMMs for the next trip. We consider it well worth the price even without breakfast - but of course opinions might differ....

I used to like the pause in the morning around 9:30-9:45 to sit down for breakfast when it was at PVH. Under the current setup at Cosmic Ray’s, breakfast is an easy pass for us other than maybe a quick bite. I still like the overall EMM product and what it delivers in terms of attraction access, but the breakfast has become less important to us over time.

I used to like the pause in the morning around 9:30-9:45 to sit down for breakfast when it was at PVH. Under the current setup at Cosmic Ray’s, breakfast is an easy pass for us other than maybe a quick bite. I still like the overall EMM product and what it delivers in terms of attraction access, but the breakfast has become less important to us over time.

Another ignorance is bliss since I never went to EMM until the change to Cosmic Ray's. That said I would prefer it to be in PVH as that just makes sense to keep it in Fantasyland, even if that means I have to backtrack just a little.

I couldn’t agree more! We did the old breakfast quite a few times and it was a nice respite in the morning. We’ve only done the new one once, our second is coming up, but it was chaotic and crazy, with long lines and a fairly big step down in food. Still, I don’t think we’ll skip it because we did pay for it and we need to eat, but not isn’t nearly as nice or good. I’ll see if I still agree after our second go-round!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter