MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I used to like the pause in the morning around 9:30-9:45 to sit down for breakfast when it was at PVH. Under the current setup at Cosmic Ray’s, breakfast is an easy pass for us other than maybe a quick bite. I still like the overall EMM product and what it delivers in terms of attraction access, but the breakfast has become less important to us over time.
I couldn’t agree more! We did the old breakfast quite a few times and it was a nice respite in the morning. We’ve only done the new one once, our second is coming up, but it was chaotic and crazy, with long lines and a fairly big step down in food. Still, I don’t think we’ll skip it because we did pay for it and we need to eat, but not isn’t nearly as nice or good. I’ll see if I still agree after our second go-round!

we are going when they have the Cinderella themed version and it mentions having specially themed food included so we will want to check it out - even if we wind up just grabbing some pastries and coffee it will be a nice (short) pause after (hopefully) getting in a bunch of attractions during the EMM and then rope dropping Space Mountain or Buzz

"The special Cinderella enhancements will also include themed food and beverage offerings that will be added to the all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café. "

we are going when they have the Cinderella themed version and it mentions having specially themed food included so we will want to check it out - even if we wind up just grabbing some pastries and coffee it will be a nice (short) pause after (hopefully) getting in a bunch of attractions during the EMM and then rope dropping Space Mountain or Buzz

"The special Cinderella enhancements will also include themed food and beverage offerings that will be added to the all-you-care-to-enjoy breakfast at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café. "

Wait, do the Rumours & News peeps know you’re hanging out over here on an upcharge thread? :rotfl:

I kid, I kid.

Looking forward to hearing about the Cinderella special stuff - sounds interesting and I wish we had a trip while it was going on.

Wait, do the Rumours & News peeps know you’re hanging out over here on an upcharge thread? :rotfl:

I kid, I kid.

Looking forward to hearing about the Cinderella special stuff - sounds interesting and I wish we had a trip while it was going on.

shhhh, trying to keep it on the down-low ;)

We are going Presidents Week so thought doing this event (we have never done one but heard really good things from some friends) would help out with knocking out Fantasyland and getting in a few rides on 7DMT - just one less thing to stress about (I have enough stress thinking of getting a BG for RotR!). And as a tradeoff this was cheaper than adding Hoppers to our tickets

I like the idea of the Cinderella theming as well as just feels like something a little bit "extra" and unique

We shall see!

What type of pastries are available? I’m hoping for plain and chocolate croissants.

When we attended EMM last year, the buffet food was pretty picked over around 9:40am or so. There was lots of melon, cheese cubes, granola, and plain croissants, but I don’t remember seeing any other pastries or chocolate croissants. We grabbed bottled water and waited quite a while for more yogurt and berries to be brought to the buffet.

When we attended EMM last year, the buffet food was pretty picked over around 9:40am or so. There was lots of melon, cheese cubes, granola, and plain croissants, but I don’t remember seeing any other pastries or chocolate croissants. We grabbed bottled water and waited quite a while for more yogurt and berries to be brought to the buffet.

That’s really disappointed to hear.

Hi All- We are hoping to rope drop Thunder Mountain from EMM...Looking at the map, it lookslike we might be at a disadvantage to the people who are rope dropping from the hub (vs fantasy land)...Any tips or strategies to get over to BTM as soon as possible? Also- do you think it is do-able to get in BTM and Pirates and still make it back to Cosmic Ray's for breakfast by 9:45? Thanks for any tips!

Last year we waited just the edge of Peter pan. At normal ropedrop they let us go and we joined the herd about10-15 rows back, 3-4 minute wait (BTMR) with only one track running.
I think it's up to the CMs holding you: they have radios and are waiting for a call on when to drop the rope. Hopefully as soon as you hear the fireworks they will let you go.

Hi All- We are hoping to rope drop Thunder Mountain from EMM...Looking at the map, it lookslike we might be at a disadvantage to the people who are rope dropping from the hub (vs fantasy land)...Any tips or strategies to get over to BTM as soon as possible? Also- do you think it is do-able to get in BTM and Pirates and still make it back to Cosmic Ray's for breakfast by 9:45? Thanks for any tips!

I was typing something similar to @Juventus when they posted - your exact experience will depend on what the CMs let you do that are holding you from going past PP / IASW. I’ve read many similar reports as above, I’ve seen some complaining they help people a touch longer and they were further back when they merged. Some might get ahead of the herd.

No matter what happens, you ‘should’ be able to get a quick ride in on BTMR, you just might not be first to get there.

Reactions: mgc
Has anyone rope dropped Barnstormer and Dumbo after EMM? We're trying to decide whether we should do that or head right to Buzz/Speedway, have breakfast, and then head to Barnstormer and Dumbo.

Has anyone rope dropped Barnstormer and Dumbo after EMM? We're trying to decide whether we should do that or head right to Buzz/Speedway, have breakfast, and then head to Barnstormer and Dumbo.
Definitely speedway first, that line is a oooo slow and builds up quickly. We roped dropped it from EMM once, and were first on it. It didn’t open for maybe 1-2 min, the CMs were finishing up AM procedures Before opening the turnstile but the line waited. I would guess barnstormer and dumbo will still be essentially walk on wh you finish speedway, as probably will buzz. I think you could do speedway, dumbo, and barnstormer easily before breakfast, possibly buzz also. They are all short rides with no preshow, easy to just ride and go.

Another vote for Speedway/Buzz first! Last summer, after rope-dropping SM, we had breakfast, and then headed to Speedway and waited in a very slow-moving line. I feel we lost quite a bit of time in line. After Speedway, we headed to Buzz w/ FP+. If we were to do it again, we would have done Speedway, Buzz, then a quick breakfast.

Just booked EMM for March 26 and had a question about getting to the park. We're staying off-site and I'm concerned about getting from TTC to the park. It sounds like the Ferry won't be an option and that the only monorail available will be the resort one. Will they be running regularly or should we build in extra time to ensure we get to the park on time? I'm thinking we should get to the parking lot by 6:45 to give us an hour to get to TTC, to the park, through security and check in. Does that seem reasonable?

What do you think about the value of EMM with a multigenerational trip of 12 people? We only have one day at Magic Kingdom and a few in the group are first-timers. We’re planning on going in June, so the relatively cooler morning temps are a factor, too.

85 page thread is a bit too long to go through looking for answers - though the intro posts handled almost everything

Trip in July - 7 adults and 4 children (2 through 6)

The Good Morning show at the Castle right before rope drop is a must see for us. it's our first full day at WDW, we're going to MK first because of the four little ones, and last time we did it this way, it was a VERY memorable start to our vacation. It just so happens our first day is a EMM day.

I take it from what I read there is NOT a special good morning show for the people ticketed for this event. In fact, as it says, they let you go in at 7:45 so given walking speeds of our group (7 adults including 3 seniors, and 4 kids that will probably all be in strollers) we may be taking as much as 15 minutes out getting to the first attraction.

So if seeing the Good Morning show is a must for us (and it is) it looks like we'd have to cut our "magic time" short to head back there.

First - is that correct? If we want to see a welcome show, that's the only option for that day?

Second - CAN we go back in front of the castle to see it? I don't see why not, except we might have a tough time finding a decent viewing location.

All in all, it looks like the 75 minutes now got shrunk (for us) to perhaps as little as 45 minutes. I can still see us getting on 4-5 attractions during that time, but it makes the decision a bit tougher.

85 page thread is a bit too long to go through looking for answers - though the intro posts handled almost everything

Trip in July - 7 adults and 4 children (2 through 6)

The Good Morning show at the Castle right before rope drop is a must see for us. it's our first full day at WDW, we're going to MK first because of the four little ones, and last time we did it this way, it was a VERY memorable start to our vacation. It just so happens our first day is a EMM day.

I take it from what I read there is NOT a special good morning show for the people ticketed for this event. In fact, as it says, they let you go in at 7:45 so given walking speeds of our group (7 adults including 3 seniors, and 4 kids that will probably all be in strollers) we may be taking as much as 15 minutes out getting to the first attraction.

So if seeing the Good Morning show is a must for us (and it is) it looks like we'd have to cut our "magic time" short to head back there.

First - is that correct? If we want to see a welcome show, that's the only option for that day?

Second - CAN we go back in front of the castle to see it? I don't see why not, except we might have a tough time finding a decent viewing location.

All in all, it looks like the 75 minutes now got shrunk (for us) to perhaps as little as 45 minutes. I can still see us getting on 4-5 attractions during that time, but it makes the decision a bit tougher.

I don't believe there is Good Morning show for EMM (wish they had one).

You probably could go back to the hub no problem. And honestly the majority of the crowd is going to be to their respective sides jockeying for rope drop so you shouldn't have much trouble finding a decent spot unless it's particularly crowded.

Just booked EMM for March 26 and had a question about getting to the park. We're staying off-site and I'm concerned about getting from TTC to the park. It sounds like the Ferry won't be an option and that the only monorail available will be the resort one. Will they be running regularly or should we build in extra time to ensure we get to the park on time? I'm thinking we should get to the parking lot by 6:45 to give us an hour to get to TTC, to the park, through security and check in. Does that seem reasonable?

We were in the same situation. The resort monorail usually starts at 7am. however last time, there was a problem and it didn't start till like 7:25. we were extremely worried as was everyone else. we did make it on time though, got our bracelets, just a few minutes before they let everyone in.
I've seen reports that mentioned the ferry was operational too on somedays.
But i think the norm is the resort monorail that starts around 7am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter