MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We did this back in August and love it! Debating adding it for next week as there is still availability.... but we are off site and I’m wondering about the monorail or ferry from the transportation center.... is it a complete disaster I saw some people above say they arrived at 630, that will be a hard sell by 7 or 715 is totally doable for us...

We did this back in August and love it! Debating adding it for next week as there is still availability.... but we are off site and I’m wondering about the monorail or ferry from the transportation center.... is it a complete disaster I saw some people above say they arrived at 630, that will be a hard sell by 7 or 715 is totally doable for us...
My SIL just did this a few weeks ago and arrived by 7am. They stayed at the contemporary so they just walked.

the resort monorail usually start at 7 on EMM days, so you should be OK.
getting there at 6:30 doesn't help much.

This is available for our trip in April. We are going with a 1 year old and we do have fast passes booked... do you think this is worth it to get rides in with her? We have been many times so it’s not going to make or break us if we don’t ride something, but waiting in any line with a 1 year old can be quite the ordeal! :)

the resort monorail usually start at 7 on EMM days, so you should be OK.
getting there at 6:30 doesn't help much.
I think the idea was that if you were driving and parking, you'd want to get there closer to 6:30 to allow time to get to the TTC from the parking lot, go through security there and be at the monorail waiting by 7 a.m.

This is available for our trip in April. We are going with a 1 year old and we do have fast passes booked... do you think this is worth it to get rides in with her? We have been many times so it’s not going to make or break us if we don’t ride something, but waiting in any line with a 1 year old can be quite the ordeal! :)
I would take a look at the 7 rides that are available during EMM to see if they are ones you definitely want your 1 year old to ride. It might be nice to get her on WtP, PP, Little Mermaid, etc. with no lines. However, many people sign up for access to 7DMT, which I assume you wouldn't be riding, so not sure if you would find it worth the $$. For us, the chance to be in the park when it's not crazy busy and to hop on 3-4 rides with no lines made it worth it, but our kids are older. Hope you have a magical trip with your little one!

I think the idea was that if you were driving and parking, you'd want to get there closer to 6:30 to allow time to get to the TTC from the parking lot, go through security there and be at the monorail waiting by 7 a.m.

I've done that multiple times. we always stay offsite and drive. The parking lot at that time is empty. you will get free parking and very close to TTC. it takes 5, maybe 10 mins for slow walkers from parking to TTC.
last time we were there, there was a delay with the monorail. it didn't start till 7:22AM. even then, we were at the gate under the bridge at 7:40 before they let everyone in.
All im saying is that you don't need to be that early. The OP was saying 6:30 is not doable for them, and i don't think it's required to be that early. I usually plan to be in the parking lot at 7AM, and so far i have not been late. but for any early risers, who want to be there early, im not discouraging by all means.

I appreciate the reports of how it works for people staying off site. I usually don’t stress about a few minutes, but this event is expensive and short, so I don’t want to miss any of it. Has anyone valet parked at the Contemporary for this event?

I've done that multiple times. we always stay offsite and drive. The parking lot at that time is empty. you will get free parking and very close to TTC. it takes 5, maybe 10 mins for slow walkers from parking to TTC.
last time we were there, there was a delay with the monorail. it didn't start till 7:22AM. even then, we were at the gate under the bridge at 7:40 before they let everyone in.
All im saying is that you don't need to be that early. The OP was saying 6:30 is not doable for them, and i don't think it's required to be that early. I usually plan to be in the parking lot at 7AM, and so far i have not been late. but for any early risers, who want to be there early, im not discouraging by all means.
Thanks! I didn’t mean to cause a debate! We were on site last time we did it so was less of an issue.

going to plan for 645 knowing 7 is likely! Haha!

DH and I decided to go to the last day of the Cinderella celebration. We've enjoyed the others we've done before and it's just a quick trip for MMRR opening. I don't think we'd even go to MK if it wasn't for EMM. I'm struggling on where to stay. Go to CR and stay there, so we can walk or ? (CC has a room, for easy access too) We have FP for MMRR so we won't need to hurry over to HS any mornings. That opened us up from staying at Epcot resorts.
Anyway, what transportation options are open, baring mechanical issues?
Monorail
Boats?
Buses (of course)

Is there a HS thread for EMM? I hope they bring that back for my trip in October
I would put the odds of their bring it back by then somewhere between nill and none. They can't even bring back EMH right now. I'd never say never but I would NOT count on it at all.

DH and I decided to go to the last day of the Cinderella celebration. We've enjoyed the others we've done before and it's just a quick trip for MMRR opening. I don't think we'd even go to MK if it wasn't for EMM. I'm struggling on where to stay. Go to CR and stay there, so we can walk or ? (CC has a room, for easy access too) We have FP for MMRR so we won't need to hurry over to HS any mornings. That opened us up from staying at Epcot resorts.
Anyway, what transportation options are open, baring mechanical issues?
Monorail
Boats?
Buses (of course)

I would put the odds of their bring it back by then somewhere between nill and none. They can't even bring back EMH right now. I'd never say never but I would NOT count on it at all.
That’s a tough resort choice. CR is amazing for easy MK access but the CC rooms look sooo nice. I can’t speak to the transportation options because any time I’ve done EMM I’ve stayed at BLT, so we walked.

On another note, is that Joe Rohde in your picture??? How on Earth did you get lucky enough to meet him?

That’s a tough resort choice. CR is amazing for easy MK access but the CC rooms look sooo nice. I can’t speak to the transportation options because any time I’ve done EMM I’ve stayed at BLT, so we walked.

On another note, is that Joe Rohde in your picture??? How on Earth did you get lucky enough to meet him?
It is Joe!
He has a deal at AK each year at Tiffins. Called Tiffins Talk. It falls on Earth Day, also AK birthday, also my anniversary. The photo was from AK 20th. This year is my 20th
Just booked it again for this year today.

and I think we are changing to CR

Last edited:
It is Joe!
He has a deal at AK each year at Tiffins. Called Tiffins Talk. It falls on Earth Day, also AK birthday, also my anniversary. The photo was from AK 20th. This year is my 20th
Just booked it again for this year today.

and I think we are changing to AK
You know, now that you mention it, I have heard of that event! Ill be there during that week in 2021. Might be something for me to consider!

So I've been watching some "vlogs" from the EMM event to get an idea of what it might be like and to plan our strategy. The thing is, none of these people seem to moving with a sense of purpose. I was laughing at the one women who said they spent the first 15 minutes taking photos! Another couple only rode three rides (7DMT twice) and then just went to breakfast. I guess I'm just in the mentality of trying to get in as much as possible before the hordes arrive and getting myself in good position for rope drop. On the other hand, the vloggers are probably people who are at the parks regularly and don't care as much.

Anyway, I'll be there in a few weeks and will provide a good account from someone that will be looking to maximize the 75 minutes!

So I've been watching some "vlogs" from the EMM event to get an idea of what it might be like and to plan our strategy. The thing is, none of these people seem to moving with a sense of purpose. I was laughing at the one women who said they spent the first 15 minutes taking photos! Another couple only rode three rides (7DMT twice) and then just went to breakfast. I guess I'm just in the mentality of trying to get in as much as possible before the hordes arrive and getting myself in good position for rope drop. On the other hand, the vloggers are probably people who are at the parks regularly and don't care as much.

Anyway, I'll be there in a few weeks and will provide a good account from someone that will be looking to maximize the 75 minutes!
Looking forward to your detailed review!!

We found out that our Alcove Suite with connecting King Rooms at the Dolphin qualify for the "club level" FastPass perk (90 days out, can get 6 fastpasses, 3 with no restrictions, $50 plus tax per person, three days minimum). So we are going to see what we're able to get with that and cancel the EMM.

A lot of discussion as to if it's refundable,m given the wording - but after a bit of research I believe that it is.

For those attending EMM, when it ends right at 9am what are good rides to get in line for to beat the rope drop crowd? We were thinking of doing Enchanted tales with Belle. Is that a good idea? Or maybe dumbo? Or could we do dumbo right at 9 and then beat the crowd at Enchanted tales with Belle, since dumbo is so short?

Thanks

For those attending EMM, when it ends right at 9am what are good rides to get in line for to beat the rope drop crowd? We were thinking of doing Enchanted tales with Belle. Is that a good idea? Or maybe dumbo? Or could we do dumbo right at 9 and then beat the crowd at Enchanted tales with Belle, since dumbo is so short?

Thanks

if those two are what you are interested in, then go to dumbo first then enchanted tales. Both should be a walk on. That being said, it’s very easy to get a day of fastpass for both. It might be more worth while to do tomorrow land, either space mountain and buzz or speedway and buzz. Again it really depends on what your party is interested in.

Are you allowed to leave fantasyland around 8:50am during EMM to head to the other "lands" and beat the rope drop crowd? Meaning does EMM position you in a better place vs. the rope drop crowd for rides that aren't in fantasyland?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter