MK game plan to see characters (I have littles)

Beachmom0317

DIS Veteran
So my kids are 4 and 6. I will be the only parent with them so I can’t do rider swap and I don’t think my youngest will be into SDMT or BTMRR. That being said they’d love fantasy land rides, dumbo, pirates, jungle cruise, carousel, pooh, and CHARACTERS! MK is open from 9-8 when we go and will be staying at boulder ridge. I’m not opposed to taking a break and coming back later. Should we try to watch cavalcades in morning and do rides in afternoon? Rides at rope drop and cavalcades for more relaxed visit in afternoon/evening? I also don’t know if taking boat over from Boulder Ridge will get us there super early for rope drop.

Rides at rope drop and cavalcades for more relaxed visit in afternoon/evening?

Yes, starting with Peter Pan, then Pooh, then whatever else in Fantasyland you want to do. Save the cacalcades for when standby times are too long. Don't worry about rope drop too much, it's likely not going to be more than a 30 minute wait for the first 30-45 minutes so getting there 30 minutes earlier doesnt really reduce your wait time, it's just changing where you wait and forcing you out the door that much earlier

I wouldn't try to plan out seeing the calvacades- they're not on a schedule. That said, they happen frequently enough that if you hear the music get loud, just pause and enjoy the show- they pass by quickly (less than 10 minutes). I would focus on rides and enjoy the cavalcades when they happen.

You didn't mention when you're going, but I'd keep watching the forums for additional opportunities for characters. I know Disney is adding some character viewing opportunities at Epcot, and I suspect they'll do more in the other parks at some point.

I wouldn't try to plan out seeing the calvacades- they're not on a schedule. That said, they happen frequently enough that if you hear the music get loud, just pause and enjoy the show- they pass by quickly (less than 10 minutes). I would focus on rides and enjoy the cavalcades when they happen.

You didn't mention when you're going, but I'd keep watching the forums for additional opportunities for characters. I know Disney is adding some character viewing opportunities at Epcot, and I suspect they'll do more in the other parks at some point.
Thank you! We’re going the week before thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter