This is me, right now. We'll be at the MK on Wednesday, 2/6. So - theoretically, a bit "slower" of a time/date. There is EMH posted (but only from 8p-10p). I have the before party booked, mainly due to the reports on this thread. :thanks:

And now there's an After Fireworks party, and I'm debating making the switch! We have BOG reservations at 4:25. The after party would give a bit more time for dinner to digest! And - from what I'm seeing here - folks are liking the after party better. Avoid the crowds leaving and eat desserts! And don't stress about getting a good spot!

Advice?

I will always do the after party, especially on an emh night. IMO, the first hour of emh might well be THE worst time to try and ride anything. Off site guests get in line on the popular rides right at closing and cause wait times to swell. You might as well be sitting back relaxing at the dessert party, then hit the rides for the last hour. I haven’t been a fan of EMH’s for quite some time ( allowing offsite guests to remain in the park makes it hard to move around and getting place to place is a chore) so missing that first hour is a no brainer for me.

I swear all of these worries and questions are not me, they are my families! For the night I was able to get the after party HEA is at 10, the park closes at 11. Does anyone know if the dessert party will end at 11 or will we have more time to gorge ourselves on sweets?

We have the AFTER dessert party booked for 10/24. How is it walking over to the dessert area after there fireworks. I know MK has been packed on non party nights because HEA is so limited during party season. Any tips should we wait it out to walk over I know its not that far. but we have 2 little kids with us. Also i have done the party before but forget can you bring your stollers into that area??

I swear all of these worries and questions are not me, they are my families! For the night I was able to get the after party HEA is at 10, the park closes at 11. Does anyone know if the dessert party will end at 11 or will we have more time to gorge ourselves on sweets?
You will have all the time you need. They wont run you off

We have the AFTER dessert party booked for 10/24. How is it walking over to the dessert area after there fireworks. I know MK has been packed on non party nights because HEA is so limited during party season. Any tips should we wait it out to walk over I know its not that far. but we have 2 little kids with us. Also i have done the party before but forget can you bring your stollers into that area??
It's pretty crazy trying to get thru that crowd so you might hang in the garden for a few mins until it starts to thin out. Yes, you can bring strollers

Hi all! We are visiting the first week of December and have two days at MK planned for party days. But I have never seen HEA or OUAT and we are going to brave the crazy crowds on Wednesday Dec 5 to see the fireworks. I plan to enter the park no sooner than 4 to minimize dealing with crowds. I have three late FPs made between 4 and 7. We are traveling with 2 young kids so I’m trying to minimize waiting. But I know it will probably be hard to hold down a prime view spot if we are on rides until 7 or 7:30. I just snagged a reservation for us for the AFTER fireworks dessert party. Would we be better off looking for spots for the before party if we want to try and stay in the garden for OUAT? Or is it good enough to see it from the terrace while we eat desserts? It seems all the parties are sold out so I’m expecting it to be somewhat crowded.

Hi all! We are visiting the first week of December and have two days at MK planned for party days. But I have never seen HEA or OUAT and we are going to brave the crazy crowds on Wednesday Dec 5 to see the fireworks. I plan to enter the park no sooner than 4 to minimize dealing with crowds. I have three late FPs made between 4 and 7. We are traveling with 2 young kids so I’m trying to minimize waiting. But I know it will probably be hard to hold down a prime view spot if we are on rides until 7 or 7:30. I just snagged a reservation for us for the AFTER fireworks dessert party. Would we be better off looking for spots for the before party if we want to try and stay in the garden for OUAT? Or is it good enough to see it from the terrace while we eat desserts? It seems all the parties are sold out so I’m expecting it to be somewhat crowded.
If OUAT is a priority, I’d plan to stay in the garden to view it. You will not see much, if at all, from the terrace.

I'm doing the before dessert party on the same night.

We have done the before party earlier this year, and the crowds outside of the fenced area are crazy after the show. We hung out in there for 20 minutes or so while it died down. That doesn't really help you too much other it will be busy, and you can wait if that's what you'd like to do.

It's pretty crazy trying to get thru that crowd so you might hang in the garden for a few mins until it starts to thin out. Yes, you can bring strollers[/QUOT
I'm doing the before dessert party on the same night.

We have done the before party earlier this year, and the crowds outside of the fenced area are crazy after the show. We hung out in there for 20 minutes or so while it died down. That doesn't really help you too much other it will be busy, and you can wait if that's what you'd like to do.

We typically have done the before party but we always felt so rushed so I wanted to try the after and see how we feel about it. Before or after Im just thankful we have the dessert party booked its such a madhouse at MK on HEA when it's party season. If I did not have family with me who have never been to disneyworld before I would not be doing HEA inside the park at all this trip. I'm bracing myself for the worst on that wednesday when it comes to crowds in general.

We typically have done the before party but we always felt so rushed so I wanted to try the after and see how we feel about it. Before or after Im just thankful we have the dessert party booked its such a madhouse at MK on HEA when it's party season. If I did not have family with me who have never been to disneyworld before I would not be doing HEA inside the park at all this trip. I'm bracing myself for the worst on that wednesday when it comes to crowds in general.

I'll also be at the 10/24 party (BEFORE). We booked the party before an 'after' party was offered. I thought a few times about switching to the after but in the end I'm in the same boat of just being happy to have the party and reserved area booked. I'm expecting the MK crowds to be insane that evening. Hitting up Trader Sam's before HEA, and then just stay calm and go with the flow heading to the dessert party.

Hey everybody! I’ve got the before party booked with garden viewing on 11/28. How early are they letting you in the Dessert party? The time listed on MDE is 7:30 and the fireworks start at 9 that night.
Thanks!

^^^
I second this question as well. My check in time is also 7:30pm. With how early people tend to be going over to the Garden area (now with the after party too), I'd like to check in as early as possible. After party is not an option for us, as it's sold out.

Also, I think I saw you can bring strollers in but someone correct me if I'm wrong?

We did the before party some months ago . Check in was listed for 7:30, but we were in the area around 7, and they started checking people in at 7:15. I know that "crowded" is a relative thing, and I admit that we did our before party when there was no after party, and there was a very generous amount of room . Reports indicate that there are certainly more people in the plaza area now with the addition of the after party, but I'm gathering that there is still room for people to get in and to move around. You may not have three feet of personal space around you, but you'll probably have at least a foot, which is a foot and a half more than you would have if you were standing in the Hub, if you get my drift. I'm still not convinced, from what I've read here, that there should be any real panic about rushing through desserts to get there early to find a spot. I haven't heard that it 's so crowded that you can't find a place to stand or that you can't adjust where you're standing. Many have said that quite a few people are seated until HEA starts, and, once they get up, it frees up some space. Virtually any spot in the plaza garden gives you a straight on view of the castle, with small adjustments for a tall topiary or light pole, and if someone tall is in front of you, there's room to shift a bit.

I'll also be at the 10/24 party (BEFORE). We booked the party before an 'after' party was offered. I thought a few times about switching to the after but in the end I'm in the same boat of just being happy to have the party and reserved area booked. I'm expecting the MK crowds to be insane that evening. Hitting up Trader Sam's before HEA, and then just stay calm and go with the flow heading to the dessert party.

We're down for the 10/22 pre-party, and I'm of the same mentality you are. It'll be busy, busy, busy. Only non-MNSSHP dates next week are Monday, Wednesday and Saturday, so I opted to splurge on the Dessert Party.

I’ve seen a few people ask this ... we had zero issues going to the terrace after the fireworks and we waited less than 15 minutes before we left the garden and walked over. They had the bypass open and the walkthrough to the terrace was open as well (which is closed for the before party)

So this will be our first after fireworks DP, for that matter our first dessert party ever this coming November 17. What time should we plan to arrive at the garden for viewing the show. I don't really want to camp out an hour early for a spot but we don't want to get there at 10 till and realize we're crammed in the back either- thinking maybe 30 min before the show?? The TP crowd calendar has MK at a 4 this day but the hours just changed from 9am-9pm to now close at 11pm so I am sure TP will update the crowds for this day. Also, do they scan your MB to allow you in the garden for viewing the show? TIA

So this will be our first after fireworks DP, for that matter our first dessert party ever this coming November 17. What time should we plan to arrive at the garden for viewing the show. I don't really want to camp out an hour early for a spot but we don't want to get there at 10 till and realize we're crammed in the back either- thinking maybe 30 min before the show?? The TP crowd calendar has MK at a 4 this day but the hours just changed from 9am-9pm to now close at 11pm so I am sure TP will update the crowds for this day. Also, do they scan your MB to allow you in the garden for viewing the show? TIA

They check your name off a list and give you a wrist band. You’ll need to show the wrist band to get into the garden. On an double sold out party, we got there 20 minutes before fireworks and got nice spots. I wouldn’t wait until much closer than that though - go by the party levels, not the crowd calendar.

They check your name off a list and give you a wrist band. You’ll need to show the wrist band to get into the garden. On an double sold out party, we got there 20 minutes before fireworks and got nice spots. I wouldn’t wait until much closer than that though - go by the party levels, not the crowd calendar.
Thank you this is helpful. I planned this a surprise for my husband and girls (his bday is the day before and he loves sweets).

I guess do we go to TT first or the garden? I didn't really think about that. I need to figure out what I'm gonna tell the family to get them over there without spilling the beans

Thank you this is helpful. I planned this a surprise for my husband and girls (his bday is the day before and he loves sweets).

I guess do we go to TT first or the garden? I didn't really think about that. I need to figure out what I'm gonna tell the family to get them over there without spilling the beans
You have to go over to the TT to check in and get your wristbands.

I have read-through but didn't see an answer to this question. When MK closes at 8 PM AND the fireworks are at 8 PM, would the after party make the most sense? I just checked and it's still available for after. We have the before booked. I would think after would make more sense since we won't be missing any touring time by doing after, but WOULD miss prime touring time doing before since check-in for before is 6:30? Also, it says check-in for after party is 7, but we could theoretically still catch a couple rides after we do the first check-in, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter