After checking multiple times a day for the last month or so, I finally snagged the Plaza Garden viewing party for July 3rd!!! We've seen the special 4th of July add on 3 times or so now but never from in front of the castle, so I'm really excited to get a proper view finally!
:wave:See you there! We are doing the after party hoping the park will empty...slightly...:scared1:

Desert Party Report

Garden crowd level: We got to the garden by about 7:45 and it was nearly empty - there were maybe 5-7 other people there besides us. By the time the fireworks started the garden was definitely full but it was nothing compared to the mass of humanity packed like sardines outside the garden. Most everyone in the garden still had room to sit on the ground until the fireworks started. I'd say 2/3 to 3/4 of the people stood up for the show but there was a swath of folks right in the middle that stayed sitting which helped my daughter to be able to see even farther down on the castle. (I don't think this usually happens, just happened to be true this time.)
What time were the fireworks this evening? And what time were you able to check-in?

:wave:See you there! We are doing the after party hoping the park will empty...slightly...:scared1:

Enjoy! I guess we'll all be in the same viewing area? I've never done one at MK before. I would've been happy with any of the 3 really. I just didn't even think about it until a month or two ago, so I was lucky to get what I did!

It definitely won't empty much though! We've been several times on the 3rd, it's pretty insane.

Today is the day...I can feel it. Somebody out there saw their credit card bill on 4/1 and just had to cancel that WDW summer trip and all their dessert party ADRs

tenor.gif

I booked the 19 September garden party last night. :)

I also have a 6PM BOG ADR that day, am I right thinking I'd be better off with a lighter dinner before?

Personally, I wouldn’t schedule a full meal with the dessert buffet. They do have a few savory items and we always have a late lunch and skip dinner entirely. It’s more than enough for us and helps me justify the cost of the buffet!

I booked the 19 September garden party last night. :)

I also have a 6PM BOG ADR that day, am I right thinking I'd be better off with a lighter dinner before?

I agree with the above poster. Thanks to the many cheeseburger egg rolls and helpings of spinach dip we were pretty darn full after the dessert party.

Those are both pretty pricey reservations. I would ditch BOG.

Nope...lol. Not yet.

Ive got a careful eye on the Frozen Ever After Party too which hasnt released ADRs yet for July 4). I don't want to go to that party but Im thinking there might be some who booked HEA but would prefer the FEA party and will cancel.

I am planning to book the Plaza garden seating option for our upcoming trip. But - I’m worried my parents might want the chairs offered inside with the Terrace seating.

If we split our party, would we still get to enjoy the desserts together? It sounds like the desserts are in two different areas for the two different parties, but I thought I would double check. Thanks!

We’re going to this on Sunday night and it looks like there could be a chance of showers over the next few days. Assume this runs rain or shine?

I am planning to book the Plaza garden seating option for our upcoming trip. But - I’m worried my parents might want the chairs offered inside with the Terrace seating.

If we split our party, would we still get to enjoy the desserts together? It sounds like the desserts are in two different areas for the two different parties, but I thought I would double check. Thanks!
The terrace guests eat at the tables they watch the fireworks from, while the garden guests eat in a different area of the terrace. You parents may be able to grab their assigned table then move into the garden tables to snack with you for a bit, assuming the garden party was not sold out and there were extra chairs available, then move back to their table for the show. But I would not count on that possibility - think of it as luck if it works out. :)

I did the Garden Viewing last Saturday and it was my third time doing it. However, it was the first time where everyone in the Garden Viewing area sat the entire time. If you stood up, you got yelled at by other guests. Is this something new? I previously always stood, as did most other guests. Or was this a one off type of deal?

We've seen it both ways. Sometimes a few people would sit, sometimes more, but no one ever yelled at people to sit. I kind of like the idea of sitting, gives you a much better view. They used to do this at DLR in the hub and it was amazing!

I did the Garden Viewing last Saturday and it was my third time doing it. However, it was the first time where everyone in the Garden Viewing area sat the entire time. If you stood up, you got yelled at by other guests. Is this something new? I previously always stood, as did most other guests. Or was this a one off type of deal?

that is not common. I never sit because I physically can't sit on the ground because of my back. I do stand along the back rail though. I have not attended a party where everyone sat yet.

Finally decided on the after party in May and booked it this morning! It's EMH night and we will be in the second half of our split stay and not on property, so I feel good about booking the party and having desserts while the park clears out a little.
We've done the before party (when there was only one dessert party) so we know what to expect. I just hope it doesn't rain this time like it did last time we did it! They still shoot the fireworks off in the rain, but the smoke lingers and it's very hard to see the projections through it. And a lot of people use umbrellas which makes it extra hard. Fingers crossed it's better this time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter