This is my concern with a Plaza view too - spending all that $$ to only have some really tall person stand in front of us or place a kid on their shoulder last minute and block the view. At least with a Terrace view your sitting right against the railing and while maybe a crooked view, its at least not a blocked one.

My experience with the Plaza view, and I think others have confirmed, is that the area is almost never crowded and that there is plenty of room to move around within the enclosed space. If someone tall, or someone with a child on their shoulders, should be in front of you, you can just shift to a different spot. That's an option you don't have in the general crowd in the hub or on Main Street.

If it makes you feel any better I was talking about my parade/fireworks experiences today, and sharing some of the stories from past times; all the time, stress and (mental) fatigue. Well worth it, especially with little ones and larger parties. Even last year, I had some guy literally lying on my back because, having already moved from the spot I had been in for over an hour to allow his double stroller in front, he wanted to be able to stand facing them to narrate, I guess. After trying unsuccessfully to push me out of my spot, he proceeded to lay across my back in the pretense of "talking" to his children. I finally moved so as to block him completely from the left, forcing him to go to the other side. Nope, I'll pay the money.

ETA: We booked 2 adults, 2 children for 188.00 plaza view.

Ooooh no I would have gotten myself in trouble.

Thanks for such a great review and these awesome images!

Right after HEA started I was able to snag the dessert party on the Tomorrowland Terrace, and then the Garden view a few days later (had done Garden view before with wishes but never scored the Terrace before). The terrace feels a little more "upscale" (although food options are identical as best I could tell) and is more exclusive/more expensive.

I have to wonder if Disney will rethink this - given the importance of castle projections to the HEA experience I suspect the Garden View will now be more popular given it's a much better direct view of the castle. I did not really feel the effect of the projections as much from the terrace itself the first time I watched HEA.

You hit it on the head - I think the reason you buy this is for the reserved viewing area and the time it saves you from having to scout out a spot so early. I did not enjoy the dessert selection for HEA as much as I did Wishes.

I would definitely do the Garden Viewing version again but not the Terrace view given how important I find the projections.

Thanks!!

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know if this party has Mickey Bars available as a dessert option? Thanks!

I was there a few months ago and don't remember seeing Mickey Bars. They would have to be kept frozen and I don't recall that there was any sort of freezer there.

I just tried booking this dessert party for dec 9th and was told that no seats were available and to check back another time. I thought you are able to book this 180 days + 10 out? Please don't tell me they're selling out already...

I just tried booking this dessert party for dec 9th and was told that no seats were available and to check back another time. I thought you are able to book this 180 days + 10 out? Please don't tell me they're selling out already...

The dessert parties do tend to sometimes not be available at 180 for whatever reason (likely that the fireworks schedule hasn't been set yet, but that's a guess in my part). I think people may still be waiting on Oct and Nov to open up, but I haven't personally checked (just seen general chatter around here). I suspect it's not sold out, rather it just hasn't opened up for booking yet.

Isn't that a MVMCP night? I wonder if they're booking that differently or under a different name or category?

Yippee! What a great review! I've already been stressing about finding a HEA viewing location when we are there and this review helped me decide to cough up the cash for a MUCH more relaxed evening!!! Just booked the Plaza view party for September 13th!

I got this email this week after inquiring about early December:
"Currently the Tomorrowland Fireworks Dessert Party has not released the ability to book for the months of November and December. We look forward to the location releasing availability soon! We encourage you to keep checking back with us or through your My Disney Experience account for availability."

I booked mine on May 28 for June 23. Lots of availability for every night of our trip. Just keep checking and it will open up at some point. As GADisneyDad said, they don't always open at 180, maybe because they haven't set their hours or schedules yet?

Thanks for the review. I've been on the fence about this for a couple of weeks. Just bit the bullet and decided to book the Dessert Party for end of August. Hated to pony up the $ for 4 people ahead of time, including my daughters who are now Disney "adults." Still, reading about the crush of humanity for HEA in standby areas and reading this review, convinced me. We had a CG Grill ADR at 5pm but I booked at 180 days before they announced HEA. Original plan was to go back to Contemporary around 8:15 for a relaxed fireworks viewing experience, but CG doesn't seem worth it now. Going to cancel it and grab something at a counter service instead before party. Wish they'd bring back fireworks FP! We did that back in 2015 and loved it. I believe the party is in the same area which is great!

I just booked this for our August trip as we will be in MK ON DDs 10th bday (we all have summer bdays and have NEVER been in WDW for any of our bdays before as weve always gone in winter, spring or fall, so this is a big deal, lol). I've never considered a dessert party before, but was trying to think of something "special" to do on her actual birthday day. And this was a perfect idea as it will be our 2nd MK day and I have BBB and CRT booked for late morning/lunch, and then just plan to spend the day in MK and end the day with the fireworks. So the dessert party is actually PERFECT as we will be having a TS lunch so we'll just have a light QS snack for dinner, and DD is actually a HUGE dessert person, so she will love all the desserts, and I think it will be extra special as it's her birthday and also our last night in WDW. So excited, I don't know why I didn't think of this before!
I just want to add that there seems to be a lot of availability left at 2 months out..... I put in party of 40 and it still came up as available, lol. How many tickets do they sell to these things?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter