MK Strategy - 7DMT Question

ownedby3

Mouseketeer
May 24th is our MK Day. We are staying on property (Beach Club) and it's EMM with 8am open. Right now the day looks like this:

8:20 am CRT - Will likely cancel this, we did it 2 years ago and I booked Akershus too which I'd like to try this time
9:45 am Space Mountain FP
12:20pm Big Thunder Mountain FP
2:45 pm 7DMT

I'm not sure we will make 8am for EMM, we for sure can make probably 8:30 or PPO. What strategy would you give to get 7DMT done early and cancel out that fast pass? I'm trying to move BTM earlier too but no luck yet. And have tried moving 7DMT but no luck there either.

Also how would you get from Beach Club to MK for EMM (8am) assuming we can get up and out for that?

I assume you mean EMH, and not EMM. The only way to get 7DMT done early to free up a fast pass is to be there for Rope Drope for EMH. You need to be there right at 8:00 though when they let you in, otherwise any advantage you have is gone and the line won't get any better.

Unless you take private transportation, or a Lyft or something, you can do a bus from Beach Club to MK. You need to get on at least an hour ahead of time, but preferably earlier so you can get lined up.

Ok, so, there is no EMM on May 24. The park opens at 9 with EMH from 8-9.

Unless you can commit to arriving to EMH pretty early (I’d say at least 7:30...maybe some else can provide a more definitive timeframe), I think you’re going to have a hard time getting 7DMT done in a timely fashion.

You may want to keep checking and see if earlier fastpass times open.

I’d take the bus from BC.

Ok, so, there is no EMM on May 24. The park opens at 9 with EMH from 8-9.

Unless you can commit to arriving to EMH pretty early (I’d say at least 7:30...maybe some else can provide a more definitive timeframe), I think you’re going to have a hard time getting 7DMT done in a timely fashion.

You may want to keep checking and see if earlier fastpass times open.

I’d take the bus from BC.
What is the difference between EMM and EMH? I meant EMH but didn't realize EMM was something different. I thought they were the same thing essentially!

What is the difference between EMM and EMH? I meant EMH but didn't realize EMM was something different. I thought they were the same thing essentially!

EMM stands for Early Morning Magic. That is a separate, ticketed event that lets you go on various rides throughout the park with minimal wait for an hour or so in the morning. Anyone can purchase those tickets, it's not only for on-site guests or anything. But it does require an entirely separate admission. The amount of tickets sold is greatly reduced, unlike MNSHHP or MVMCP. You also get some type of breakfast provided. I haven't done an EMM myself so I can't attest to what the breakfast actually is.

It's like Disney After Hours (DAH) if you've heard of that, except this one is in the morning instead of at night.

EMM stands for Early Morning Magic. That is a separate, ticketed event that lets you go on various rides throughout the park with minimal wait for an hour or so in the morning. Anyone can purchase those tickets, it's not only for on-site guests or anything. But it does require an entirely separate admission. The amount of tickets sold is greatly reduced, unlike MNSHHP or MVMCP. You also get some type of breakfast provided. I haven't done an EMM myself so I can't attest to what the breakfast actually is.

It's like Disney After Hours (DAH) if you've heard of that, except this one is in the morning instead of at night.

Ok got it! I used the wrong abbreviation then! EMH...ok so I will either get my kids butts out of bed early for 7:45 am or keep the FP as is but keep trying to modify it.

Ok got it! I used the wrong abbreviation then! EMH...ok so I will either get my kids butts out of bed early for 7:45 am or keep the FP as is but keep trying to modify it.

It can be confusing with all of the abbreviations for things ad Disney, we've all done it! Honestly, I would probably just keep the FP unless you really wanted to free up the rest of your day. It will still be a bit hectic getting to 7DMT, and since there aren't FP during the EMH you'll still be waiting in a line of standby folks.

We love BOG breakfast. We usually start at MK two mornings of our trips and always book a PPO of no later than 8:15. I swore last trip I wouldn't waste a morning fast pass on SDMT any longer and instead do PP, BTM, and SM because we always ride it first with no line. We usually are standing at the gate waiting to get in line and ride it at about 8:50 or 8:55 on days they open at 9. We literally walk on and there have been many mornings when they started running it ten minutes before the park opens and we did it twice before the park opened with no fast pass.

I have also done this when they had EMM (the hard ticket)....not EMH and they would not let us on before 9 although we did beat the crowd. We didn't have a EMM ticket. Just were back there already because of our PPO. The difference is that we had to wait about 15 minutes due to more people already being there once it opened at 9 but were still in the front of the line.

It can be confusing with all of the abbreviations for things ad Disney, we've all done it! Honestly, I would probably just keep the FP unless you really wanted to free up the rest of your day. It will still be a bit hectic getting to 7DMT, and since there aren't FP during the EMH you'll still be waiting in a line of standby folks.
Good point, my kids are 6 and 8 years old so I'm happy to get there and do the rest of Fantasyland too. They could ride Goofy's Barnstormer 10,000 times!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter