MK to WL

mastermind307

DIS Veteran
We'll be leaving MK to have lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge one day. I know it says to allow 90 minutes using Disney transportation to get to your ADR on time. But will we really need 90 minutes to get from MK to WL? Our ADR is at 1:30, so if we're walking out of MK at 12:30 will that be enough time?

Allow 90 minutes, you may not need that but do you want to be late? If you don't care if your late, then do what you want. If it matters, then go earlier. I've ridden boats that broke down, I've waited on docks where boats won't leave so your boat can dock, & I've been on boats that had routes change unbeknownst to us.

Nothing is more scenic then 'wasting' 20 min at WL. Go upstairs to third floor & sit in rockers on the balcony overlooking pool & lake, go to arcade, do some shopping, sit in lobby & look up, see the geyser erupt, the possibilities here are many. Enjoy WCC! Who knows, you may just get seated early if you arrive early, its rarely an exact science.

Last edited:
We'll be leaving MK to have lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge one day. I know it says to allow 90 minutes using Disney transportation to get to your ADR on time. But will we really need 90 minutes to get from MK to WL? Our ADR is at 1:30, so if we're walking out of MK at 12:30 will that be enough time?
The 90 minutes is really intended for transportation between 2 resorts, where you have to use 2 buses or other modes of transportation. 1 hour should be plenty for going from a park to a resort, except at park closing time or maybe after fireworks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!