Mk train down?

Eswift

Mouseketeer
Im guessing the crane behind BoG is to blame, tron is still nowhere near being near the track.

I didn't notice this being scheduled, i wish i had. I'm here on vacation now and it didn't go my first day when it was open.

And also the little walkway from Tomorrowland Light & Power to Storybook Circus is closed,presumably gone for good.

And also the little walkway from Tomorrowland Light & Power to Storybook Circus is closed,presumably gone for good.

Oh no! So no more riding the train to Fantasyland and taking that walkway to Space Mountain! It was so nice to get away from the hustle & bustle, even with the smoking area there.

Oh no! So no more riding the train to Fantasyland and taking that walkway to Space Mountain! It was so nice to get away from the hustle & bustle, even with the smoking area there.
Yes.the current walkway is good for good,BUT it is "thought" that a new walkway will be part of the Tron project.:)

Has there been any confirmation about how close you can get to the train. When they did it at Disneyland you could, and talk to the conductor. But some are reporting you are roped off from it.

Has there been any confirmation about how close you can get to the train. When they did it at Disneyland you could, and talk to the conductor. But some are reporting you are roped off from it.

Just got back; the train is indeed sitting at the station, there is at least one conductor up there and you can sit on the train itself, that may change, I don't know but for now that's the way it is.

I believe they went ahead and closed it to prep for the blending of the new Tron area into the park. The Speedway will also close for this project. We rode the train on Dec 2, it's last day before closing. There was a local on the train that either has some information or was just running his pie hole. He said that rumor is they are going to re route the train of go around the tron coaster. Keeping with the perimeter of the park theme. I think they re routed the railroad at DL to accommodate the new Star Wars addition but they did not go around the new land. They will have to re route it or provide a passage over or under to get to the Tron area.

The CMs were pretty emotional. We were on one of the last rides right before it closed at 5 pm. The CM was getting choked up over the speaker. Then we saw her later wiping her eyes and few others hugging.

The CMs were pretty emotional. We were on one of the last rides right before it closed at 5 pm. The CM was getting choked up over the speaker. Then we saw her later wiping her eyes and few others hugging.
My friend is one of the train conductor/ engineers and they had train engineer Mickey come out and take pictures with the cms. Then they had a big get together with refreshments, It was very sweet

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1544184573810.jpg
    FB_IMG_1544184573810.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 58
Man this sucks :( the train was down for refurb on our last trip too and my daughter was really looking forward to riding it.
We're super bummed about this as well b/c it was closed when we went last time too. But I'm hoping to get a few good pictures of the train. And dh loves to talk trains, so maybe he'll be able to talk w/ the conductor.

I believe they went ahead and closed it to prep for the blending of the new Tron area into the park. The Speedway will also close for this project. We rode the train on Dec 2, it's last day before closing. There was a local on the train that either has some information or was just running his pie hole. He said that rumor is they are going to re route the train of go around the tron coaster. Keeping with the perimeter of the park theme. I think they re routed the railroad at DL to accommodate the new Star Wars addition but they did not go around the new land. They will have to re route it or provide a passage over or under to get to the Tron area.

The rendering seems to show that Guests will walk up steps and walk "over" the train and also it seems to show a walkway to Storybook Circus will return.:)
Tron-at-Magic-Kingdom-Park.jpg

My friend is one of the train conductor/ engineers and they had train engineer Mickey come out and take pictures with the cms. Then they had a big get together with refreshments, It was very sweet

That is cool!

So what does an engineer do during this closure?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter