MK trolley tracks hazard--watch your step!

bikergirl25

Earning My Ears
Hey, I just got back from a trip to DW with my family. There are old trolley tracks that run up Main Street and circle around in front of the castle. My brother has stage 4 prostate cancer and uses a 3 wheel scooter to get around. After the fireworks show at the castle, we started for the exit. The front wheel of his scooter got caught in the gap of the old trolley tracks and the front wheel turned suddenly, causing his scooter to start to tip over. Luckily, a very large and strong man who was walking next to him, quickly caught him as his scooter started to fall over.

These gaps are about 1-1/2" to 2" wide. In the dark against black asphalt, in a crowd of people, they're almost impossible to spot. Why are they still there? They don't run horse drawn trolleys anymore. Can't they fill them in so people don't trip over them? I could see a small child getting their foot caught in the gap, causing a sprained ankle or an elderly person tripping on them, not to mention strollers, wheelchairs, etc. When people are looking up at the Happily Ever After show, they aren't looking down at the gaps in the tracks. And in a large crowd in the dark, who can even see the pavement? There are so many bodies walking in front of you.

With thousands of visitors, this is a trip hazard liability and lawsuit waiting to happen. I'm surprised Disney hasn't realized this. After that terrible incident with the little boy and the alligator at the Grand Floridian, they put up a lot of signs and fencing to keep people safe. What are they waiting for with this obvious trip hazard?

Well, if that man hadn't been there, my brother could have fallen off his scooter and cracked his skull wide open, after that, you bet they'd fill in those gaps.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter