MLK weekend

Haley R

DIS Veteran
We’re thinking about staying in a a cabin MLK weekend next year. Is it crazy busy?

All the holiday weekends when the local schools are out are busier than normal. In the cooler months, the "locals" book up the weekends, with 3 day holiday weekends being especially busy at the Fort.

j

All the holiday weekends when the local schools are out are busier than normal. In the cooler months, the "locals" book up the weekends, with 3 day holiday weekends being especially busy at the Fort.

j
We’re locals who normally go in May but we have another trip planned then so trying to go over a holiday weekend. We can choose between MLK and Presidents’ Day. I figured they would be similar in terms of crowds.

We can choose between MLK and Presidents’ Day. I figured they would be similar in terms of crowds.
I've been down for both holidays and they are about the same. It isn't Spring Break or Christmas busy, but still noticeably busier than a normal weekend.

j

I've been down for both holidays and they are about the same. It isn't Spring Break or Christmas busy, but still noticeably busier than a normal weekend.

j
Do you think there would be a difference between Friday-Monday or Saturday-Tuesday?

Do you think there would be a difference between Friday-Monday or Saturday-Tuesday?
My experience has been on the 3 day weekends that the Fort clears out by noon on Monday and Tuesdays are back to normal or less. I would definitely do the Sat-Tues if you can. You likely won't have much choice in loop arriving on Saturday, but you will still be at the Fort.

j

My experience has been on the 3 day weekends that the Fort clears out by noon on Monday and Tuesdays are back to normal or less. I would definitely do the Sat-Tues if you can. You likely won't have much choice in loop arriving on Saturday, but you will still be at the Fort.

j
Great thank you! I’m hoping to wait for a resort offer to come out before we book

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter