MM characters

jaz0308

DIS Veteran
Has anyone kept track of which characters have appeared at MM events? Particularly at TL. Is it many rare ones? Trying to decide if it’s worth adding 2 days onto my august trip and characters would make the difference! Lol

There can be some less usual characters. I recall Jiminy Cricket at Animal Kingdom a couple of years ago, and I know there were some others. We also did Typhoon Lagoon once, and the only characters I remember were the classics, dressed up in tropical outfits. But that was quite a while back, before they started doing the events at all the parks. Might have changed.

If you dig around and find the old event threads, you could probably get a better list.

MM events do tend to have some rare characters but the TL ones don't have many characters out. I believe they have had Genie & Sebastian in the past but mostly just regular characters with special outfits.

I have only ever done Moonlight Magic at AK. Like seriously it’s weird. Went in September 2016 and September 2017, both were AKMM. This year we are going in February and MM is in... AK.

Characters we met in AKMM are:
2016 - Rescue Rangers Chip ‘n’ Dale, Goofy in a safari outfit (different from what he wears at Tusker house), Baloo and King Louie, and Launchpad (before he had a regular M&G)
2017 - Scrooge and Launchpad (again before they had regular M&Gs); Princess Atta, Flik, and Slim; Mowgli; Pocahontas and Meeko; Donald and Daisy in special “duckosaurus” costumes; Dug, Russell, and Carl; Timon and Rafiki

On Instagram, I have seen these characters at TLMM, some from 2018, some from 2019: Pirate-themed Fab 5 (Goofy & Pluto together, Mickey & Minnie together, Donald alone), Genie in his Goofy hat and Hawaiian shirt (the outfit from the scene where he’s freed), Captain Hook, Stitch in his Elvis costume

Thanks everyone! Jiminy Cricket is my dream meet but I can't travel on Earth Day as a teacher so I'm thinking MM may be my only chance for some real pixie dust! LOL But it also sounds like TL has not historically been a big character night so Jiminy may still be only a dream for now. Thanks for all the info!

Thanks everyone! Jiminy Cricket is my dream meet but I can't travel on Earth Day as a teacher so I'm thinking MM may be my only chance for some real pixie dust! LOL But it also sounds like TL has not historically been a big character night so Jiminy may still be only a dream for now. Thanks for all the info!
Maybe not! Jiminy was at AKMM last night!

Has anyone kept track of which characters have appeared at MM events? Particularly at TL. Is it many rare ones? Trying to decide if it’s worth adding 2 days onto my august trip and characters would make the difference! Lol

Not sure of trip date or booking date, but in the past some people who wanted MM tickets were unable to get them. Would you have to add the nights then try to book mm then cancel the two nights if you don’t get mm tix? Would it be so late that points would go into holding? What about booking airfare?

I would definitely be adding nights and booking flights accordingly. Won't be able to cancel so if I didn't get tickets it would just mean 2 more Disney days (not the worst fate!LOL) but definitely more than I intended to use. I think I will probably skip it and save the points and just hope for MM in a future trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!