Hey @FoxC63 someone on the other thread said that Cruella was greeting at 5:45 last night (didn't say what time she came out). I was looking at the character list on page 1 and she's listed at 7PM. Can you confirm her time has changed? I need to rework our plans if so.
I thought this was odd too. Wondering if it was a typo and OP lined up at 6:45?

I'll note that last year, they came out at center street, and then went south towards the train station. Basically, once they came out, they proceeded down the parade route. So, the video you provided just shows them along the route they take. I don't think it is evidence of a change in protocol.

This is what they did at the 9/12 party........I'm trying to remember if the order was Horseman, Zootopia, Parade - or Zootopia, Horseman, Parade.......[ALL of our pictures from the party (which I would have checked) are on my phone that DIED the next day....praying ATT can work magic and get photos off when new phone arrives.......]

She got there right at 7 on 9/12. We were 2nd in line and our pictures were taken at 7:06. She did a little crowd interaction to begin - and took pictures with the LAST person in line first (just to cause problems).

My DH was dressed as a doctor from Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital (from the TV show "House") - Cruella even knew and commented on the fact that Hugh Laurie was in "one of her movies" (the live action one). My DH was floored.DIS3.jpg

She got there right at 7 on 9/12. We were 2nd in line and our pictures were taken at 7:06. She did a little crowd interaction to begin - and took pictures with the LAST person in line first (just to cause problems).

My DH was dressed as a doctor from Princeton Plainsboro Teaching Hospital (from the TV show "House") - Cruella even knew and commented on the fact that Hugh Laurie was in "one of her movies" (the live action one). My DH was floored.View attachment 270572
Fantastic story! Cannot wait to meet her with my 3 Dalmatians in tow!! What time did you line up that night?

Cannot wait to meet her with my 3 Dalmatians in tow!! What time did you line up that night?
6:15....but NO ONE ELSE joined the line until 6:40. at 7 there was only about 25 people in line. You guys are gonna have an awesome interaction!

It was 9/12 - super low attendance night. Wish I had known because I would have lined up for 7D first.

Hey @FoxC63 someone on the other thread said that Cruella was greeting at 5:45 last night (didn't say what time she came out). I was looking at the character list on page 1 and she's listed at 7PM. Can you confirm her time has changed? I need to rework our plans if so.

I am the poster. I updated in that thread. It was a typo. Meant to be 645 when I lined up. Cruella came out at 7. Fat fingers and tired eyes are a bad combo.

So sorry to have fallen off the face of the DIS. On our party night (9/7) I tried to post but my phone was wacky! Then Irma, we extended our stay and when we got home I've had the flu since Friday.

I know it's late now but here was our night:

3:40 or so we were in the MK.
We used the bypass, and took our time, we're in line (and there were like 7 families in front of us) for J&S by 4:10.
We met them, and were out by 5:20. They came out at 5, if memory serves.

I will check notes for the rest of the night; I'm still feverish and it was kind of a blur. Sorry for the late post. You all were super helpful to us and I'd like to return the favor!

I am the poster. I updated in that thread. It was a typo. Meant to be 645 when I lined up. Cruella came out at 7. Fat fingers and tired eyes are a bad combo.

Just wanted to touch base so we're all on the same page. Thanks for letting me know @anricat I'm happy @grumpy28 caught that typo. Cruella De Vil meets at 7pm. :-)

This is what they did at the 9/12 party........I'm trying to remember if the order was Horseman, Zootopia, Parade - or Zootopia, Horseman, Parade.......[ALL of our pictures from the party (which I would have checked) are on my phone that DIED the next day....praying ATT can work magic and get photos off when new phone arrives.......]

It's Horseman, Zootopia and then parade.

UPDATED: Thanks @Cluelyss looking back at my photos too I have a very blurry HH. Then the party party patrol and finally the parade.

Last edited:
I'll note that last year, they came out at center street, and then went south towards the train station. Basically, once they came out, they proceeded down the parade route. So, the video you provided just shows them along the route they take. I don't think it is evidence of a change in protocol.

They actually come out from the ally see the red arrow. This was confirmed by @yulilin3 in 2016 at the party she attended.

upload_2017-9-19_2-45-55.png

It has been my experience at many parties the dance crew generally stayed at the location in the red oval:
upload_2017-9-19_2-48-33.png

This year is has been reported by someone they saw the crew dancing by the flag pole as seen in the video.
upload_2017-9-19_2-50-0.png

If you have any photos you've taken this year that contradicts the sighting and the video, please feel free to post them here. I prefer to keep my fellow DISers updated as many have expressed interest in seeing this performance with their kids. Disney can and has changed their protocols in the past and I'm doing everything in my power to provide as much information for them as possible.

Last edited:
Advise - Sorcerer of the Magic Kingdom Card

We always do two parties and make sure to pick up the SotMk card, but at one party we forgot. We went to MK the follow day during a regular park day and we were signing up to play the game at the fire station. I mentioned it to the CM who asked me to show our party wristbands which I had in my purse. There were no black magic maker indicating we received it so he marked the band and gave us three (Me, DH & DS), I'm not sure if that's the norm but it's something to consider or at least try. As my mother would often say "It never hurts to ask." I hope this helps anyone who may have forgotten to pick theirs up during the party. :-)

They actually come out from the ally see the red arrow. This was confirmed by @yulilin3 in 2016 at the party she attended.

View attachment 270642

It has been my experience at many parties the dance crew generally stayed at the location in the red oval:
View attachment 270643

This year is has been reported by someone they saw the crew dancing by the flag pole as seen in the video.
View attachment 270644

If you have any photos you've taken this year that contradicts the sighting and the video, please feel free to post them here. I prefer to keep my fellow DISers updated as many have expressed interest in seeing this performance with their kids. Disney can and has changed their protocols in the past and I'm doing everything in my power to provide as much information for them as possible.
I have not attended a party this year yet, but just went back to review my photos from 10/16/16. According to my memory card, HH rode first, then Zootopia, then parade. We were by the flagpole, having just exited the Snow White M&G, and they definitely circled that area. The characters in this photo are very blurry, but it shows the location clearly. However I cannot confirm where they came out.

IMG_7497.JPG

We always do two parties and make sure to pick up the SotMk card, but at one party we forgot. We went to MK the follow day during a regular park day and we were signing up to play the game at the fire station. I mentioned it to the CM who asked me to show our party wristbands which I had in my purse. There were no black magic maker indicating we received it so he marked the band and gave us three (Me, DH & DS), I'm not sure if that's the norm but it's something to consider or at least try. As my mother would often say "It never hurts to ask." I hope this helps anyone who may have forgotten to pick theirs up during the party. :-)
This is not the first I've heard of them doing this. Definitely worth trying for anyone who forgot. Just make sure you have your unmarked wristbands with you!

I did ask a CM about Jungle Cruise and they said they hoped for either this Friday or next, I walke away and couldn't remember.

I agree it is a good idea to ask if you forget. Last year I brought my non marked party wristbands back with us a different day and were able to get our cards-we went to 2 parties last year and had told friends we would give them the cards from our other party but forgot to get them. They had no problem giving them since we had the wristbands and they had not been marked previously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter