I'm trying to come up with a rough itinerary for our party this upcoming Tuesday 9/26 (yes, I've totally been procrastinating and super busy with costume making and work!), but I'm feeling a little lost and was hoping I could get some advice/feedback. Attending the party will be myself, my mom, my uncle, and two kids (4 and 6). We are planning to arrive around 3:30/4:00 to MK, and really the only must do's we have are meeting Daisy/Donald, Minnie, and Goofy (the adults are dressing up as Minnie, Daisy, and Goofy), trick-or-treating, parade, and fireworks. I'm thinking with the little ones we probably need to go to the first parade. Any other m&g's, magic shots, or rides are bonuses in my mind. Any advice on how to structure our night? Here's my rough plan so far:

3:30 - arrive MK, get wristbands, use FP's, eat, get some photopass pics (while costumes are still "fresh")
5:45/6:00 -Line up for either Minnie or Daisy/Donald - any advice which would be better first? = adults switch off to take kids to nearby rides
7:00 - Line up for other (Minnie or Daisy/Donald)-switch off to take kids/uncle trick-or-treating
7:30 - line up for Goofy
8:15 - get parade spot on Main Street - switch off to get food or trick or treat with kids/uncle
9:15-9:30 - Headless Horseman/Parade - would Frontierland be better for this? Was thinking to keep same spot for Fireworks
9:30-10:15 - wait for fireworks - switch off with kids
10:15 -10:30 fireworks
10:30 - free time to trick or treat, explore, rides
12:00 Hocus Pocus stage show then leave

I should note that my uncle is special needs and will need to be with my mom/myself. Any advice/tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much!

Alright everyone - I FINALLY got my ducks in a row. We originally were doing 9/10 & 9/12 parties. @FoxC63 helped us put together 2 awesome plans, which Irma totally messed up. So now 1 party - rethink priorities and plan. Keep in mind this was 9/12 - LOW attendance. Probably no help to the rest of the party goers, but should be helpful for 2018 planning.

Here is the NEW PLAN we came up with:
4:00 SOTMK card firehouse - main st
Party exclusive shopping [Lighted Ornament, ToT Bag(s)] emporium - main st
(Main St Bakery - pumpkin cheesecake) Main St
6:15 Cruella Main St - Train Station (left side) [YES I KNOW - I HAD THE LOCATION WRONG]
7:15 Magic Shot - Headless Horseman MK Entrance
Magic Shot - Grave Diggers Animated Main St - Town Square
Magic Shot - Haunted Mansion Dancing Ghosts Animated Main St - Town Square
?? Mickey Main St - Town Square
8:00 Jack Sparrow Adventureland (by pirates)
(TAG TEAM - ToT Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Tiki)
(TAGTEAM - pumpkin waffles) Liberty Square
Jafar Adventureland (by camel)
(??Cadaver Dans 8:50) Frontierland
9:00 Queen of hearts Fantasyland (by teacups)
Anastaia & Drizella Fantasyland (by carousel - rain: philharmagic?)
Popcorn pumpkin Fantasyland
(TAG TEAM - ToT Pete's Silly Sideshow, Philharmonic, Pinocchio Haus)
Storybook Treats - haunted mansion dessert Fantasyland
(??Cadaver Dans 9:55) Frontierland
9:45 Magic Shot - Grim Grinning Ghost Driver Liberty Square - Haunted Mansion (hearse)
Magic Shot - Haunted Mansion Cemetery Watchman Liberty Square - Haunted Mansion (8:00)
(TAG TEAM - ToT Riverboat lower landing)
10:15 Boo to you parade 11:15 (11:05 HH) Frontierland
(??Cadaver Dans 10:50) Frontierland
(TAG TEAM - Madame Carlotta and Madame Rinata) Liberty Square - Haunted Mansion
?? 7 Dwarfs New Fantasyland (Calliope tent)
11:30/11:45 Hocus Pocus show Castle
(TAG TEAM - ToT Tomorrowland - Stitch, Progress, Space Mt, Starlight Café Bay 1)

HERE IS WHAT WE REALLY DID: (I love the time stamps on the Photopass pictures!!)
4:00 SOTMK card
Party exclusive shopping
Main St Bypass ToT (2x)
Scope out M&G locations and ToT locations
Rides, M&G, Daytime photos/magic shots
6:15 Cruella - 2nd in line [line didn't really form until 6:40)
7:06 Cruella M&G
7:12 Minnie Mouse M&G
Purchase party pumpkin popcorn buckets - get drinks
ToT on way to line up for Jack Sparrow (river boat & pirates)
7:25 Caught end of Cadaver Dans
Pics in front of Pirates ride
8:11 Jack Sparrow M&G
8:17 Magic Shot - Hitch Hiking Ghost
8:38 Jafar M&G
ToT on the way to front of park
8:42 Magic Shot - Haunted Mansion Dancing Ghosts
8:55 Magic Shot - Headless Horseman
8:59 Magic Shot - Grave Diggers & MNSSHP Frame
Stayed at Town Square (empty!) for 1st Parade [9:00 - 9:45]
get drinks
10:00 Haunted Mansion - Madame Rinata
HM ride
10:24 Magic Shot - Grim Grinning Ghost Driver
10:27 Magic Shot - Haunted Mansion Cemetery Watchman
Liberty Square - Pumpkin Waffles
Walk to Fantasyland
11:00 Anastaia & Drizella (roaming - no M&G)
Tried to get in line for Queen of Hearts but she had just left for parade and we didn't want to wait that long
11:14 Space Mountain (walk on)
11:25 Quick stop at the Mosters dance party (to see Mike W)
Buzz Lightyear (walk on)
Check on queen - nope!
ToT in Tomorrowland
12:00 Hocus Pocus show

I cannot get that pesky BBB appointment moved to another time. I'm going to keep trying, but at this point it is looking like Moana is a no-go unless DH wants to stand in line while we're in BBB. I hate to ask him to do that when he and stepD could be riding rides during that time.

I think I am finally ready to commit to a written itinerary.

suggestions:
  • You may be able to get the headless horseman shot when you first arrive if its dark enough
  • Do the grave digger magic shot at town square after mickey since you'll be right there
  • Possible route change - walk up main street (after mickey), grab dancing ghost magic shot and go through adventureland on your way to HM - there are 3-4 ToT stations along that route
  • Check line for graveyard/lantern prop shot just outside of HM - grab it if possible
  • If you like your spot for the fireworks, keep it for the parade and Tag Team to go get the waffles (this line can be long at times)

Is the bypass even open after 7?
Though I don't know for sure my guess is no. In my experience the bypass is generally only open for crowd control following fireworks or other times they need to move lots of people quickly toward the exit. I am guessing it is open during the 4-7 window in order to control the flow of traffic with crowds exiting and entering at the same time. I suspect once the park closes at 7 or shortly thereafter the bypass would close too (as in my experience it is not always open at night when we have left the park).

Bypass was not open as we left at 7 today. Magic shots in front of the train station were going strong at 12:10 on our party night but no idea how late they stayed.

Thought I would share how our party went, changed at last minute from Sunday Sept 24th to the 22nd due to shuffling some other things around. Our main focus was rides.

Walked into park at 4:45 and the only fast pass we were able to get was Peter Pan as I couldn't get my tickets to link so couldn't book anything prior to getting into park.

We rode Philharmagic, Peter Pan, Small World, Big Thunder, Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Pooh, Ariel, Space Mountain, People Mover, Buzz Lightyear, Dumbo, Barnstormer and Mine Train in that order. We waited in maybe one 15 minute line everything else was 10 or less.

We also ate at Harbour House (service there was horribly slow), watched fireworks, had a front row seat for second parade and had ice cream. Also did a bunch of trick or treating.

Very pleased with the amount we accomplished from 4:45 to midnight, with only one fast pass. Mine train was closed for a Chunk of the night, we went shortly after it reopened about 9:35 and the wait had just changed from 20-60. We were on the ride in 8 minutes, crazy!!! Pool was listed as 25 and was actually 10 rest were right on at 10 or 15 minutes.

My party report: we planned way too much! Also, kids don't care about plans so... Here's what we were able to do with a 2.5 yo and 6yo

Arrive at 4:30, got wrist bands outside the trainstation and it was pretty hectic.

go through bypass and get first candy bags. It looked like they had some games like giant Jenga and ring toss set up, maybe while they were holding people at the gate earlier?

4:45 Photo pass in the dessert party gated grassy area with the castle in the background

4:55 space mountain with FP for DH and DD6. People mover for DD2.5 myself and my mom.

5:15 carousel of progress for DD2.5 and Astro orbiters for dd6

Why are we in tomorrowland? I don't know. It wasn't on the plan. It just happened. :rolleyes1 It wasn't a great use of our time and it was so dang hot we had to take off most of our costumes.

5:45-6:30 grabbed hotdogs at caseys and fish at Columbia harbor house and ate upstairs. The lines were suuuuuper long and the food was gross and heat lamp-y. Nobody ate much because it was yucky. This becomes a problem later when we all start eating candy...

6:30-7 princess fairy tale hall for Rapunzel and Elena (kids costumes) and all 4 princesses were just wonderful and gave them tons of attention.

7-7:30 tangled floating lantern pictures/tag team bathrooms
The line was long. Also, in retrospect, I shouldn't have done this in costumes. They came out okay for the kids but my husband was wearing a fake beard and I had on a wig so it wasn't the romantic keepsake I imagined.

7:30-8 haunted mansion. The line for those magic shots around there was loooooooong!!! Madame Carlotta was out and hilarious. My 2.5yo was terrified the entire ride and miserable so I was miserable too. We scrap the memento Mori idea so as to not further freak her out. Womp womp.

8-9 carpets. Like 5 times. Why? Kids are weird and make bad choices. And I'm a good mom and didn't force the issue, especially after traumatizing the littlest on HM. We did squeeze in a ToT stop at the tiki room which looks really cute! Felt They gave us big handfuls of candy.

9-9:30 bathrooms. Pirates. ToT at pirates. Only gave two peices each. Lines for jack sparrow looked short, maybe 30mins? And line for Jafar looked similar.

9:30- here's where things really got off track... I tried to herd everyone over to fireworks and we accidentally walked past Moana... and the line looked really short. So the girls wanted to meet her. So daddy got in line. And we ToT tiki room and bathrooms AGAIN and girls got in line with dad and... they cut off the line right before him. And I was trying to tag team a snack. And for whatever reason, he got out of line with all the girls and promised them fireworks instead... but now it's 10:05!! :mad:

So we rush to fireworks, find a not-too-Terrible spot near the adventure land bridge and enjoy the fireworks. We liked them but it was not as good as happily ever after the night before but that's just me being picky. DD 2.5 falls asleep on me about 30 seconds after they start. She got very heavy by the time the ursula music started.

DD6 starts to look ill. When was the last time she drank any water? It's still 5000degrees and 400% humidity at this point. When was the last time she ate anything? Except for that giant bag of all the tiki room candy? No Food since noon. Mother of the year folks.

So after fireworks daddy runs back to get back in the Moana line. He's on a mission for his sick little girl now, he can't even hear my words as I explain how dumb this plan is and hey can't we just look at MY ITINTERARY?!?!

10:40-11 the rest of us hang out in bathroom getting cool, getting hydrated, trying to get DD6 to maybe poop. Good stuff. Fun times. :crazy2: Dd2.5 asleep on me this entire time. She's really heavy now.

11-11:10 6yo perks up and wants to ride... carpets. Again. Whatever. Ok.

11:10- DD6 is now limp in the stroller begging to go home, doesn't even want to meet Moana. Dd2.5 asleep in the stroller. My mom and I want to see the parade and DH is determined to meet Moana at all costs at this point. We leave him to his Captain Ahab-like quest and scoot over to frontier land through the bathroom underpass (oh hey bathroom where I spent half the party! Hi!) and have a great not at all crowded view just in time for the headless horseman. Here's where it all gets good again!

11:15-11:30 boo to you parade: SO SO GOOD! As soon as Dd2.5 heard Minnie's voice she woke up and was fresh as could be. She got up and danced and waved and loved it. Meanwhile, dd6 has fallen asleep in the two minutes between the horseman disappearing and floats appearing :rolleyes: thank god for strollers because at this point my arms are DONE!

11:30 After the parade we scoot back through the underpass. Bathroom break. Oh hello same bathroom. Pick up DH. No, he didn't meet her- she kept breaking when he was at the front and he left the line AGAIN. Good thing he's cute.

11:40 head back toward exit, and get stuck in the parade route on a little hub near the train station. Take some magic shots (appearing ghosts and pumpkin stacks) there while we wait and in the meantime, DD6 has woken up and is all about this viewing of the parade. Dd2.5 is now asleep again :rolleyes: return the stroller and watch the end of the parade.

12:10 exit the park and grab one last magic shot (headless horseman) in front of the train station. They had about 4 PP stations so the lines were flying through. There were tons of busses waiting for almost every bay, our AoA station had two at the same time and another pulled up as ours left so my sense was everyone could get home quickly!

So here's the thing- my evening didn't go at ALL as planned, thanks to kids, husbands and candy. BUT we had a blast. We did rides, trick or treat, tons of photos, fireworks and basically two parades. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Thank you @FoxC63 for all your planning help, it really did help me set priorities and have a strong sense of times and places for the big stuff. And it was fun. :love:

My party report: we planned way too much! Also, kids don't care about plans so... Here's what we were able to do with a 2.5 yo and 6yo

Arrive at 4:30, got wrist bands outside the trainstation and it was pretty hectic.

go through bypass and get first candy bags. It looked like they had some games like giant Jenga and ring toss set up, maybe while they were holding people at the gate earlier?

4:45 Photo pass in the dessert party gated grassy area with the castle in the background

4:55 space mountain with FP for DH and DD6. People mover for DD2.5 myself and my mom.

Why are we in tomorrowland? I don't know. It wasn't on the plan. It just happened. :rolleyes1 It wasn't a great use of our time and it was so dang hot we had to take off most of our costumes.

5:45-6:30 grabbed hotdogs at caseys and fish at Columbia harbor house and ate upstairs. The lines were suuuuuper long and the food was gross and heat lamp-y. Nobody ate much because it was yucky. This becomes a problem later when we all start eating candy...

6:30-7 princess fairy tale hall for Rapunzel and Elena (kids costumes) and all 4 princesses were just wonderful and gave them tons of attention.

The line was long. Also, in retrospect, I shouldn't have done this in costumes. They came out okay for the kids but my husband was wearing a fake beard and I had on a wig so it wasn't the romantic keepsake I imagined.

7:30-8 haunted mansion. The line for those magic shots around there was loooooooong!!! Madame Carlotta was out and hilarious. My 2.5yo was terrified the entire ride and miserable so I was miserable too. We scrap the memento Mori idea so as to not further freak her out. Womp womp.

8-9 carpets. Like 5 times. Why? Kids are weird and make bad choices. And I'm a good mom and didn't force the issue, especially after traumatizing the littlest on HM. We did squeeze in a ToT stop at the tiki room which looks really cute! Felt They gave us big handfuls of candy.

9-9:30 bathrooms. Pirates. ToT at pirates. Only gave two peices each. Lines for jack sparrow looked short, maybe 30mins? And line for Jafar looked similar.

9:30- here's where things really got off track... I tried to herd everyone over to fireworks and we accidentally walked past Moana... and the line looked really short. So the girls wanted to meet her. So daddy got in line. And we ToT tiki room and bathrooms AGAIN and girls got in line with dad and... they cut off the line right before him. And I was trying to tag team a snack. And for whatever reason, he got out of line with all the girls and promised them fireworks instead... but now it's 10:05!! :mad:

So we rush to fireworks, find a not-too-Terrible spot near the adventure land bridge and enjoy the fireworks. We liked them but it was not as good as happily ever after the night before but that's just me being picky. DD 2.5 falls asleep on me about 30 seconds after they start. She got very heavy by the time the ursula music started.

DD6 starts to look ill. When was the last time she drank any water? It's still 5000degrees and 400% humidity at this point. When was the last time she ate anything? Except for that giant bag of all the tiki room candy? No Food since noon. Mother of the year folks.

So after fireworks daddy runs back to get back in the Moana line. He's on a mission for his sick little girl now, he can't even hear my words as I explain how dumb this plan is and hey can't we just look at MY ITINTERARY?!?!

10:40-11 the rest of us hang out in bathroom getting cool, getting hydrated, trying to get DD6 to maybe poop. Good stuff. Fun times. :crazy2: Dd2.5 asleep on me this entire time. She's really heavy now.

11:10- DD6 is now limp in the stroller begging to go home, doesn't even want to meet Moana. Dd2.5 asleep in the stroller. My mom and I want to see the parade and DH is determined to meet Moana at all costs at this point. We leave him to his Captain Ahab-like quest and scoot over to frontier land through the bathroom underpass (oh hey bathroom where I spent half the party! Hi!) and have a great not at all crowded view just in time for the headless horseman. Here's where it all gets good again!

11:15-11:30 boo to you parade: SO SO GOOD! As soon as Dd2.5 heard Minnie's voice she woke up and was fresh as could be. She got up and danced and waved and loved it. Meanwhile, dd6 has fallen asleep in the two minutes between the horseman disappearing and floats appearing :rolleyes: thank god for strollers because at this point my arms are DONE!

11:30 After the parade we scoot back through the underpass. Bathroom break. Oh hello same bathroom. Pick up DH. No, he didn't meet her- she kept breaking when he was at the front and he left the line AGAIN. Good thing he's cute.

11:40 head back toward exit, and get stuck in the parade route on a little hub near the train station. Take some magic shots (appearing ghosts and pumpkin stacks) there while we wait and in the meantime, DD6 has woken up and is all about this viewing of the parade. Dd2.5 is now asleep again :rolleyes: return the stroller and watch the end of the parade.

12:10 exit the park and grab one last magic shot (headless horseman) in front of the train station. They had about 4 PP stations so the lines were flying through. There were tons of busses waiting for almost every bay, our AoA station had two at the same time and another pulled up as ours left so my sense was everyone could get home quickly!

So here's the thing- my evening didn't go at ALL as planned, thanks to kids, husbands and candy. BUT we had a blast. We did rides, trick or treat, tons of photos, fireworks and basically two parades. I'd do it again in a heart beat.

Thank you @FoxC63 for all your planning help, it really did help me set priorities and have a strong sense of times and places for the big stuff. And it was fun. :love:

Glad you had a great time although sorry it didn't go as planned if anything just because you put time and thought into your itinterary.

LOVED this report! Thank you so much for sharing. It was fun to read and I’m glad you and your family had fun too!! :thanks:

And it was fun. :love:

You are hilarious! I'm sure parts of it weren't funny at the time, but I literally laughed out loud in multiple spots (mother of the year, all the references to the same bathroom again, your DH and his quest, the repeated carpet rides). At the end, though, I'm so glad you had fun even if the train went off the rails, took a joyride (through the bathrooms) and then got sort of back on track. Thank you for sharing!

Just got back from my trip (4 nights, with trips to Sea World, AK to see Pandora, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal and MNSSHP on 09/22/2017). This was my first ever Halloween trip and we had a blast. Thanks to @FoxC63 and everyone else here for your informative posts, they were really helpful. I didn't actually have a plan for the party but I still felt I was able to do and see a lot - the parade, fireworks, lots of rides & trick or treating, some magic shots, spirit photos at Momento Mori, two character meets (Minnie & Alice & the Mad Hatter). I was dressed as Snow White so it would have been nice to do the dwarves but I just couldn't handle the idea of sacrificing so much limited party time for one photo op. But it was so much fun just to be at the Magic Kingdom in costume and I loved the atmosphere of the party!

tbIkaGPh.jpg

Okay, I'm going in a few weeks as the only adult with 3 kids, 9 & 7-very good, responsible girls. 2-crazy run away laughing girl (but tolerates both a stroller and a leash). We aren't doing any park days except the party. I do plan on being at the park to get in right at 4 but beyond that I don't have a plan. I was really thinking about going to one area and just doing the rides and trick or treating in that area and then move to the next area. Catch the parade when it's convenient and make sure we watch the fireworks. As of right now, the kids show pretty much no interest in meeting characters or watching the Hocus Pocus show. I do want 1 DD to meet Snow White and I am hoping to get a few FP once I get our tickets so I have a few things between 4 and 7. I have 1 DD who I think is pretty terrified of the HM on a regular day so we may do that earlier and miss any extras. But once the party starts am I going to regret no schedule/plan?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter