MNSSHP dining at CRT

ANRush

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
I posted this question on the pre-trip reports thread, but thought it might be better here. I need some information on the dining events during MNSSHP. We are attending MNSSHP on September 7th. My YDD really wanted to eat in the castle on our last trip and we weren't able to make that happen, so I thought this looked perfect. We will only be at MK one day and are trying to fit as much in as we can.

My issue is, I did not realize when I made the reservation that this was different from other ADR's and required advance payment. It was nearly $300.00 for my family of 4. Do any of you have experience with this event? Is it worth it? I was considering trying to save some money and canceling the reservation and then booking CRT for lunch if I could.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Amber

Are you spending the day with a separate ticket at MK as well? If so lunch or early dinner makes sense as it will not eat into your party events. If you are planning to be there all day maybe it doesn't matter to you as much. But as previously noted, no price difference between the two. Have you considered breakfast if you are planning to be at the park all day? Still expensive, but slightly cheaper.

Thanks for the response! I guess I thought that the cost was related to the special event. That helps! So, there is nothing different about this ADR and making it any other time, correct?

To answer your question, yes, we have a separate ticket for the park that day so we are planning on spending most of the day there. (Probably will sleep in and start later that day.)

No, if it says special event it just means that you must have a Halloween Party ticket to use that reservation time. It doesn't affect the price.

In CRT you are paying for the experience of dining inside of the iconic Castle. It is nice, you have also the princesses and the God Mother, food is just good. As you will be paying the MNSSHP tickets, which are also expensive, I would try to spend my time at the party, where you can find special treats and special activities. In HS you can find the Halloween Dine in Hollywwod & Vine, where Mickey and his friends are dressed in costumes, and it is a buffet. When I went there in September the restaurant wasn´t crowded at all and the characters came to our table abour 3 times each. My kids really enjoyed it, and also we got Fantamic VIP seating =)

Last edited:
As others have noted - the price is the price irregardless of it being on a MNSSHP day and CRT is always pre-pay as well. Breakfast is cheaper if you are able to switch your reservation to an earlier time. Are you going to EP? Akershus is a lovely princess-character meal and is less than CRT. It isn't eating in Cinderella's Castle (which is really causing the CRT up-charge), but it is a castle! And it's a really nice meal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter