MNSSHP early entry

Mickeynutty

DIS Veteran
Over on the trip planning board there is a thread inviting DVCers to “adopt” other party goers to get them into the party early at 2:00. I don’t agree with this. No it’s not terrible, but I feel getting into the party early is a perk that comes with paying member fees.

I certainly like the intent of helping others out but I don’t feel it’s fair to have all those extra people coming in at 2 o’clock that are not DVC members. Yes, I realize DVC members can bring in guests, but this is an attempt to connect strangers just so non-DVC members can get into the party early.

I’d have to agree with you. I for one, am not even going early. I have an AP so could have gone at 2:00 anyways. I see no point in going early to ride and do stuff I can do on other MK days. Now had they started character meets at 2:00, that would have been a perk.:thumbsup2

This will cause Disney to suspend this perk or be more strict on requirements, like having to have a stay booked on points and a MB linked to that reservation to enter.
Or maybe they'll not care. It'll not cause overcrowding anyway and might create a positive buzz about how cool is to have the DVC superpowers.

Honestly I think the big potential “losers” in this scenario are those who are attending during the day of a MNSSHP. I assume that there really aren’t probably a huge number of DVC members attending the parties who don’t already have AP or day tickets. Honestly that’s why I thought disney announced this perk (knowing that it sounds good but doesn’t significantly impact anything). However if DVC members bring in a significant number of others 2 hrs early that could lead to park crowding even earlier (usually we don’t stay past 4 on a party night as it gets so crowded and there are few to no good FP left).

We loved the DVC early entry perk for MNSSHP. We just joined DVC in December 2017. We had no park tickets for this trip (I went back to graduate school this year). We decided to give our daughters (10 and 17) the only summer vacation we could give them. Stayed four nights five days. First day was Epcot Moonlight Magic (we loved it)! Did pool activities at Copper Creek the next day. Did MNSSHP the next day (those extra two hours meant a lot if you don't have other tickets!!!). Did HEA at BLT our last night. Turned out to be one of our best trips ever (we've been going yearly since 2003). Sometimes those added DVC perks mean a lot to people. We decided we will get annual passes next year (only makes sense...but we are new to this).

I saw that post and came here to see what DVC peeps were saying about it. I don't really have strong feelings one way or another. I guess I'd prefer people don't do it - don't want Disney to take away any of our member benefits. It is normally the kind of thing I would do - I like to share and I like meeting people - but I don't want to commit to getting to the park right at 2PM on our party day.

I saw that post and came here to see what DVC peeps were saying about it. I don't really have strong feelings one way or another. I guess I'd prefer people don't do it - don't want Disney to take away any of our member benefits. It is normally the kind of thing I would do - I like to share and I like meeting people - but I don't want to commit to getting to the park right at 2PM on our party day.

I feel the same way. I don't really care either way, although if a lot of people take advantage the park is going to likely feel quite busy. I have an AP so I can get in whenever, we will now likely go around 3pm so that we can easily shop for party merchandise but I don't want to commit to a schedule and will see what we feel like doing that day.

The moderators have decided that the post is allowed. I think that's all that's needed to be known.

No it’s not terrible, but I feel getting into the party early is a perk that comes with paying member fees.

But it isn't. It states clearly that a member can bring up to 7 guests. They are allowing 7 times the number of guests as DVC members for any given party.

IMO it doesn't matter if those guests are friends from 20 years ago or friends from 20 minutes ago.

And don't think they aren't seeing it as a marketing tool...

Too bad they aren't limiting it to DVC member and up to seven guests staying on their reservation, like TOTWL.

We loved the DVC early entry perk for MNSSHP. We just joined DVC in December 2017. We had no park tickets for this trip (I went back to graduate school this year). We decided to give our daughters (10 and 17) the only summer vacation we could give them. Stayed four nights five days. First day was Epcot Moonlight Magic (we loved it)! Did pool activities at Copper Creek the next day. Did MNSSHP the next day (those extra two hours meant a lot if you don't have other tickets!!!). Did HEA at BLT our last night. Turned out to be one of our best trips ever (we've been going yearly since 2003). Sometimes those added DVC perks mean a lot to people. We decided we will get annual passes next year (only makes sense...but we are new to this).
The question wasn’t if we appreciate the perk, but should people be bringing strangers in with them. There’s a whole thread of people advertising that they are DVC members and offering to get strangers in early with them because you technically get 8 people on each membership.

I guess I didn't understand. I would not even think about bringing strangers in. I am just thankful for what I have for my family. I didn't even know you could get 8 people on a membership!

The question wasn’t if we appreciate the perk, but should people be bringing strangers in with them. There’s a whole thread of people advertising that they are DVC members and offering to get strangers in early with them because you technically get 8 people on each membership.
That’s not quite how I’d characterize the other thread. It’s one or two members offering and 45+ people asking to tag along.

I guess I didn't understand. I would not even think about bringing strangers in. I am just thankful for what I have for my family. I didn't even know you could get 8 people on a membership!

Is it 8 per membership or per member? In other words, can my husband get in 7 others, and I can as well since we have separate cards for a total of 14 early entries? We are going with friends, and while I don’t think this will affect us, I was wondering. We will be at Universal that day before the friends arrive, so I doubt we’ll be there by 2pm. However, we do plan to be there by 4pm with the friends. In case plans changed, I just wanted to know.

I would imagine Disney could (and should) figure out a way to determine which people are truly "guests" and which people are just tagalongs. I'm sure the biggest problem is how long it would take to "process" everyone (scanning a MB, showing ID, producing a member card, etc) but if they find that too many people are abusing the privilege, they may have to resort to more extreme measures.

I am one of the few who are "eligible" for this perk....we have a 7-day trip with 5-day passes. We planned to use our MNSSHP ticket as our MK day and so being able to get in 2 hours earlier is a true benefit for us. I completely understand that most DVC members see no value at all in this benefit, but for us, it's a great perk. I was able to move our BOG dinner from 6:00 to 4:30pm so now, we won't miss any of the party festivities and we can still enjoy our dinner, make our FP's and have enough time in the MK to do what we want to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter