MNSSHP First Timer

KStarfish82

Proud Redhead
We are going to Orlando Sept. 28 - Oct. 5. There are four dates that MNSSHP is taking place:

Sunday, Sept. 29th

Tuesday, Oct. 1st

Thursday, Oct. 3rd

Friday, Oct. 4th

Which date would be best? This is also Rosh Hashanah Weekend (starts sundown on Sunday, Sept. 29th through Tuesday)...so my assumption is that maybe crowds would be lighter if those observing won't be there? We are also from NY and get off for Jewish holidays like these (NY has off Monday and Tuesday)

I know I will have more questions but let's start here :)

Thanks!

I'll be attending my first MNSSHP on October 29th!! I am really looking forward to it. I went to Mickey's Halloween Party at DL last year and had an absolute blast. I have heard some negative chatter around the event from various corners of the internet (including in this forum) but I am still pretty pumped to finally get to go. I hope you have a great time!!

We've been for the last 3 years, on a Sunday, Tuesday and Friday. I can't honestly say any one day was better/worse than the others - the times when crowds get super crazy are opening weekend, and the week of Halloween. But you're outside of that so I would check the weather and your other plans, and just pick a day that will work best for you! I don't think the Jewish population in Orlando comes close to what it is in the NY/NJ area, so I wouldn't bank on that having much of an effect.

In case you didn't know, your MNSSHP ticket gets you into Magic Kindgdom at 4pm on the day of the party, so you don't need to use a regular ticket day to still have a couple of hours of "regular" park time before the party starts. What we usually do is sleep in that morning, enjoy a brunch somewhere, and then head to the park for 4pm - we have more energy to make it to the end of the night that way :)

Personally, I'd do either the 3rd or 4th - if for no other reason - to close out the trip with a bang.

We’ve always done Sunday parties based on our schedule. I’ve never felt that it was too crowded. I would expect a Tuesday party to be even better. Either way...enjoy!!

Unfortunately I think they'll all be crowded, but the ones during the middle of the week (Thursday and Tuesday) probably have fewer local residents going, which may slightly reduce the crowds. I also think that the closer to Halloween you get, the more crowded it becomes, but your dates are close enough together and further away from Halloween that it wouldn't matter. So, I would do whatever you wanted to do, one won't necessarily be better than the other.

I don’t want to be negative but I would expect the crowds over Rosh Hashanah would be higher because, like you, many families will be taking advantage of school being closed for the holiday. Easter and Christmas Day are crowded, I would imagine it’s the same for Rosh Hashanah.

It I were you I would consider waiting to see what the weather is before deciding, or plan for earlier in the trip so if the weather is real bad you have another option.

I'll be attending my first MNSSHP on October 29th!! I am really looking forward to it. I went to Mickey's Halloween Party at DL last year and had an absolute blast. I have heard some negative chatter around the event from various corners of the internet (including in this forum) but I am still pretty pumped to finally get to go. I hope you have a great time!!
We’ll be there the same night!

Thanks for all of the advice! I want to wait a bit to have a better sense of the weather. I think either that Sunday or Tuesday seem to be the best options as of right now.

Where do you buy the tickets?

I’d say not Sunday for the simple fact that I suspect most NYC visitors taking advantage of Rosh Hashanah being on Monday and Tuesday may well be heading back on Tuesday so as not to miss school the remainder of the week, making Sunday the more crowded date.

Tuesdays are always the quietest followed by Sunday, then Thursday. If you don't care about booking FP+ for the preparty hours then wait until closer and look at the weather because the party will happen even in the rain. If it rains enough they cancel party events but the park will stay open.

Thanks for all of the advice! I want to wait a bit to have a better sense of the weather. I think either that Sunday or Tuesday seem to be the best options as of right now.

Where do you buy the tickets?
Just order them through the Disney site or your App and they will load to My Disney Experience.

Also - try not to plan anything for morning and sleep in! The party gets less crowded as the night goes on so try to plan for 2nd parade, last castle show, etc. people with little ones try to hit the first of everything and leave. Remember that even though it will end at 1am it will take a long time to get back to your resort - so I'm usually useless the next day too. I try for a later flight (around noon or after) and make it my last day

We attended last week on Sept 2nd. We got very lucky and had very low crowds due to the threat of Dorian. This was our first MNSSHP and I will say we made a rookie mistake and went to AK all day prior to hopping to MK. We ended up with 31k steps that day and were dead tired by the time we left. I second sleeping in and having a chill day. Also, if you're a DVC member, I think you can get in at 2pm.

Thanks again!

Definitely making that day a light one! And the following day a relax and chill day. (Even though sleep deprivation is no stranger in my house right now with my 8 week old!)

Do both the monorails and boats work to get back to the TTC at the end of the night?

Do any of the nights have longer hours? Maybe that will play into your decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!