MNSSHP hookup thread for those looking for DVC early entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dean1953

DIS Veteran
it might be easier to have a thread dedicated to facilitating hookups between DVC members going to MNSSHP with less than 8 persons and those that would like to enter the Magic Kingdom with their MNSSHP ticket at 2 instead of 4. Disney is allowing DVC member and 7 of their guests to enter as early at 2 and get their wristbands at that time. I am a DVC member with myself and my son going on October 25 and 28 and have hooked up with 5 guests on the MNSSHP thread to meet them at 2 on October 25. I have availability for one more person on October 25 and 6 persons on October 28.

Y

eah, I'll be in the park since morning, it's just that I want to line up very early for Jack and Sally and I don't know if they'll start distributing wristband inside the park before 4 pm. Can't tag team, since I'll be solo.
Although I do acknowledge that this is me being extra paranoid.
I will be there on Oct. 30 at 2pm and I have a spot for one more. I would be happy to help you get you a wristband.

The offer by Disney was up to 8 guest being allowed to enter on a DVC membership. As long as a DVC member doesn’t receive compensation for bringing in guests, I don’t see this as circumventing Disney’s intent. If Disney sees this and isn’t happy about it, they can change the rules to allow only DVC members staying on site with guest attached to the room reservation.Reading the previous post, I agree with your point about Moonlight Magic. Every extra person cost Disney money, in Park admittance and food at the Parties. The two hour early admittance cost Disney nothing. The only Perks as DVC blue card members that mean anything to me are the APand occasional ticket discounts and the lounge at Epcot. Every other Perk is announced after I have made my DVC room reservation at the 11 month mark. It was luck that I happened to be at Disney when the Typhoon Lagoon Moonlight Magic occurred last June. I don’t count on that. Whatever the moderators decide is fine with me but I do think that the concerns are overblown.

Last edited:
The forum Mods and Webmasters have discussed this thread and would like to:

Please remember to adhere to Dis guidelines. While a DVC member offering to take other Disers with them or Disers asking to be "adopted" by a DVC member is ok, offering or requesting payment for this is NOT.
Please send a pm when you find a DVC member/adoptee to move the final details to a more private conversation
Please post:
Date of Party
# of Friend slots available

Please contact via PM/Conversation

As @yulilin3 posted above, 4 TPAS Mods and Admin were actively involved in the discussion of this thread.

From the DIS Posting Guidelines:

“The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction.”
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm

From the DIS Posting Guidelines:

“The DIS has a wonderful group of Moderators who have volunteered to assist our visitors and monitor the boards. Part of their responsibilities are ensuring that our guidelines are followed which may require that a thread is edited, deleted, closed or moved. If these decisions impact you, we ask that you respect them. Should you have any questions, please direct them to admin@wdwinfo.com. Any discussion about a Moderating decision that takes place on the boards could result in an infraction.”
http://www.wdwinfo.com/guidelines.htm
[/QUOTE]

Done :wave2:

For those insistent on arguing that this violates Disney/DVC policy and thus the DIS policy - from the DVC Member site:

New in 2018 — Earlier Entry
In 2018, Members and their guests can enter Magic Kingdom park 2 hours earlier than ever before—as early as 2:00 PM. Simply present your valid Disney Vacation Club Membership Card and your event ticket at the main entrance touch points to take advantage of this benefit. This benefit is valid for the Member and up to 7 guests with tickets to this event—a total of 8 people.

Until and unless this DVC perk is modified to allow ONLY guests staying with a DVC Member may be allowed into MK 2 hours early, further suggestions that this violates ANY policy will have their post removed with an infraction.

Please note that this thread only allows posts from DVC Members offering to include others as their guests. Requests to be a guest and those wanting to offer their opinion about violating DVC/DIS policy will be removed.

I am a DVC member and am attending the MNSSHP tomorrow, Sunday, October 28 and can take 4 people in with me at 2:15 PM. Please PM me if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!