MNSSHP - Parade and Fireworks viewing with ECV

Euby

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever done the MNSSHP with an ECV? I'm renting from Gold's and decorating it as part of my costume. I'm going to be going as Cheshire Cat. The ECV will have CC face in basket and a CC tail in the back of the cane holder. I'll be the "body" with a striped shirt.

what I really want to know was how crowded di you find the ECV/wheelchair parking areas for the parade and fireworks? They look to be across the street from one another. Did you have any problems moving from one to the other? Or did you just stay put?

Curious about this too from a MVMCP perspective and planning stage. Wondering what the viewing is like from that location and if other family members are allowed into the area or if we'd have to separate? We'd be in the area with either a wheelchair or a seated walker. Not an EVC. Or we're wondering what the viewing perspective is like from a seat position. i.e. how obstructed it would be and/or how craned the neck has to be?

Has anyone ever done the MNSSHP with an ECV? I'm renting from Gold's and decorating it as part of my costume. I'm going to be going as Cheshire Cat. The ECV will have CC face in a basket and a CC tail in the back of the cane holder. I'll be the "body" with a striped shirt.

what I really want to know was how crowded di you find the ECV/wheelchair parking areas for the parade and fireworks? They look to be across the street from one another. Did you have any problems moving from one to the other? Or did you just stay put?

The crowds do get crowded for the parades, but they could be different on different nights of the week and weekends. To see the parades and fireworks, I would not wait until the last minute.

I have seen the space for both, but it depends on the crowds and how much time there is between the parade and the fireworks to allow you to cross the street. If you have sufficient time, I would leave the parade area and go straight to one of the fireworks viewing area.

Here is a map below that you can enlarge to get a better view. The designated areas for mobility scooter, wheelchairs are located across from the Guest Relations Center and Fire Station, and at the end of Main Street along the center wrap around in front of the castle. It usually covers the lower right quarter section, and in Frontierland near the Liberty Bell and across from the Hall of Presidents attraction.

They have two different designated areas to watch the fireworks. They are located against a small fenced off area as seen on the guide map below.

mickeys-not-so-scary-halloween-party-map2.jpg

Castle_Mime_Parade.jpg

This is not a very good photo and it is older. You can see the wheelchair area on the left lower part of the photo during a slow day, I think. It is located on the center island and on the lower quarter segment of the island. It takes up about one-quarter of the center island in front of the castle. I notice that they don't have the poles and ropes up in this photo like they usually do.

cwdwdl123456LARGE.jpg

In the photo above you may be able to see a guest with some orange color on his shirt squatting down. That area against the white concrete wall all the way to the left is the area for parking your mobility scooter to watch the fireworks. They have those short little columns and a wrought iron fence, then a grassy area. Disney cast members will have the roped off area closer to fireworks time. That large area at the bottom of the photo is presently reserved for paid guests at the dessert party during fireworks. The earlier you get there, the more likely you can park your mobility scooter right up against the fence to watch the fireworks. The Disney cast members will allow two or more rows behind the first row with the ropes and poles.

2-23.jpg

And this is your view for the fireworks from behine the fence.

bswdwkj123456LARGE.jpg

Here is another view of the fireworks viewing area from the opposite direction on the other side. On this side, you can see in the background Casey's Restaurant outside table umbrellas and to the right the Crystal Palace.

wheel-chair-parade.jpg

This is a photo of the Frontierland accessible viewing area. They have the rope and poles up on this one. I know that you didn't ask for it but I thought you or someone might want to see it.

3853675867_fa3dca2886.jpg

Here is another photo of Magic Kingdom City Hall, restrooms, and the Fire Department. The Disney cast members are playing jump rope and they still have the poles up for a parade. I haven't seen the accessible area for mobility scooters since they moved it to this area supposedly in front of City Hall/restroom area

Last edited:
What about for Hocus Pocus. Last year it was hard for ne to see as I was stuck on a crowd of people standing.

What about for Hocus Pocus. Last year it was hard for me to see as I was stuck on a crowd of people standing.

If you really want to see the entire show then get there at least an hour before it starts. Find one of the areas that are fenced near the center circle, or one of the areas that are fenced have fountains. Park your wheelchair right next to the back part of this fenced area. It’s not a perfect view but it will keep people from standing right in front of you.

2-23.jpg

This is the designated spot and view for the wheelchairs and the mobility scooter to watch the fireworks, but it may be too far to watch the MK castle forecourt show.

But is you go further forward toward the center circle and try out a spot behind another fence that is closer might be a better bet.

Unless you go right to the very front of the MK castle forecourt where no one can stand in front of you. The stage may a bit too high for someone in a wheelchair or mobility scooter.

Last edited:
Not an answer but they had a nice roped off area to view the Star Wars fireworks. It made watching in an ecv less stressful. I hope I find one too at the MNsSHp.

Yes, they do. In June 2018, they had a roped off area on the left side with a walkway in front of it. The Disney cast members were very attentive at reminding folks not to stand in front of the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter