MNSSHP Question

MikeNamez

DIS Veteran
For a solo visitor what are the benefits to going to the MNSSHP? I mean besides the reduced wait times on the rides and some free candy. Are wait times that short to justify spending the money just for that? Thanks!

For a solo visitor what are the benefits to going to the MNSSHP? I mean besides the reduced wait times on the rides and some free candy. Are wait times that short to justify spending the money just for that? Thanks!

There is exclusive merchandise, exclusive food items, and some rare characters as well. Plus it’s the only time adults can dress in costume, within Disney’s rules of course. If you use it in place of a MK day, especially in September, it can be worth it.

There is exclusive merchandise, exclusive food items, and some rare characters as well. Plus it’s the only time adults can dress in costume, within Disney’s rules of course. If you use it in place of a MK day, especially in September, it can be worth it.

The merch and food is a good selling point...Do I need to have a park ticket to get in or does the MNSSHP ticket cover that? I have 2 day non hoppers and i was going to be in Epcot that day.

The merch and food is a good selling point...Do I need to have a park ticket to get in or does the MNSSHP ticket cover that? I have 2 day non hoppers and i was going to be in Epcot that day.

The MNSSHP ticket covers your admission to MK and you can enter starting at 4 PM the day of the party, so you can get a little extra time at MK in (at least that's how it has traditionally worked - it can always change in any given year).

The MNSSHP ticket covers your admission to MK and you can enter starting at 4 PM the day of the party, so you can get a little extra time at MK in (at least that's how it has traditionally worked - it can always change in any given year).

What time does it typically run too?

i think it's very good value if you don't plan to visit any park during the day

Unfortunately, I only have 2 days at Disney before heading to HHN at Universal for 5. I probably wouldn't even get to Epcot until about 1pm so that may be a stretch for both in the same day. I'll be at MK the next day with a friend but he won't do half the rides so i wanted to get some in before then. SO MANY DECISIONS lol. Thanks!

I'm heading in on a non park day, right at 4pm. My plan is to ride as many rides as I can. Not having the family with me I don't care much about candy or Character Meets. Any must dos besides the Parade, Fireworks and Sanderson Sisters?

I'm heading in on a non park day, right at 4pm. My plan is to ride as many rides as I can. Not having the family with me I don't care much about candy or Character Meets. Any must dos besides the Parade, Fireworks and Sanderson Sisters?

If you like Haunted Mansion, make sure to hit it after the party starts to see Madames Carlotta and Renatta who interact with guests in the queue. There are also magic shots with the Hitchhiking Ghosts and the carriage driver. Also, the "Cadaver Dans" do a show in Frontierland that's pretty great.

If you like Haunted Mansion, make sure to hit it after the party starts to see Madames Carlotta and Renatta who interact with guests in the queue. There are also magic shots with the Hitchhiking Ghosts and the carriage driver. Also, the "Cadaver Dans" do a show in Frontierland that's pretty great.

Great! Thanks for the heads up. Haunted Mansion is my favorite. I'm actually doing the Marceline to Magic Tour later in the week and looking forward to the HM segment.

They have new ride overlays this year too (Pirates, Mad Tea Party, and Space Mountain). Not sure how exciting they'll be but I plan on checking them out!

Yes!!! Especially if you do one of the first few parties in September. Totally recommend it if you love Halloween too.

Yes!!! Especially if you do one of the first few parties in September. Totally recommend it if you love Halloween too.

I'm definitely leaning towards doing it. I only have 2 days at WDW before heading to Universal to meet my friends for HHN and this seems like I can cram in a bunch of stuff I wouldn't normally get to do. Thanks!

I attended the party a few years ago with my daughter, going solo in October and so excited to take it at my own pace.

I attended the party a few years ago with my daughter, going solo in October and so excited to take it at my own pace.

I cannot WAIT to do everything at my own pace. I'm almost as excited about that as I am to be going on the rides I haven't done in years lol.

I went last year for the first time with my friend last year and it was amazing! I am going on my own this time this year, but seriously, it's so much fun, I am going to be trick or treating like crazy hahaha, also going on so many rides, so I am pretty much going to run around, where if I was with my friend, we would be taking it easy, which is fine, but I will be have a new experience. And I second about Haunted Mansion, especially if you are the LAST group of the night, the CM's have fun with it, our's kept scaring people, it was great. So as much as I would love to have my friend, I know I am going to have a great time on my own and get to see and do things I want to do.

Must-do's include the Sanderson Sisters show, the parade, the ghosts in front of HM, and fireworks. Make an effort to get a good spot for the parade. For the ghosts in front of HM - you can hang around and listen to them even if you aren't in the queue - and they can be hilarious - and sometimes a bit more adult than some parents might like. I also suggest picking a favorite character or two to see in costume.

Now - if your real goal is to ride the rides with shorter lines - you can do that, too, but for guests who can go frequently - that's not the best draw of the party - its the specialty stuff.

While some of the specialty food items have been good - the waits can be long and time is money during the parties - and you have to decide where to spend your time - and I don't think this is worth it.

And leave the treat trails until later in the evening - but not the last half hour. Candy is heavy to carry - for adults - most find its more than they really want to deal with - and the lines are shorter later.

For the merchandise - we snag that early - in the 4pm - 7pm range. That will means you either have to carry it or rent a locker - but that gets that out of the way while the park crowds are still high with day guests.

Must-do's include the Sanderson Sisters show, the parade, the ghosts in front of HM, and fireworks. Make an effort to get a good spot for the parade. For the ghosts in front of HM - you can hang around and listen to them even if you aren't in the queue - and they can be hilarious - and sometimes a bit more adult than some parents might like. I also suggest picking a favorite character or two to see in costume.

Now - if your real goal is to ride the rides with shorter lines - you can do that, too, but for guests who can go frequently - that's not the best draw of the party - its the specialty stuff.

While some of the specialty food items have been good - the waits can be long and time is money during the parties - and you have to decide where to spend your time - and I don't think this is worth it.

And leave the treat trails until later in the evening - but not the last half hour. Candy is heavy to carry - for adults - most find its more than they really want to deal with - and the lines are shorter later.

For the merchandise - we snag that early - in the 4pm - 7pm range. That will means you either have to carry it or rent a locker - but that gets that out of the way while the park crowds are still high with day guests.

Shows, Parades and Character meets are stuff that I would typically do with my Family so those are the things I'm trying to avoid. Most likely I would be paying to get in strictly for shorter wait times and maybe a specialty snack/merch. Thanks for the the info, you gave me some good things to consider.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter