MNSSHP - What's Your Plan?

SDSorority

Traumatized by Magic Journeys and Haunted Mansion
What's your plan for MNSSHP? Arrive at 4pm? Dining or no dining? Immediately get in line for rare characters? Trick or Treat early or late? 1st Parade or 2nd? All the rides, or all the shows??

Side note- can you still get fastpasses tied to your MNSSHP ticket at 4, 5, an 6? I'm thinking I couldn't do it last year, but I could in 2016. Am I making that up? Can you still do that?

What's your plan for MNSSHP? Arrive at 4pm? Dining or no dining? Immediately get in line for rare characters? Trick or Treat early or late? 1st Parade or 2nd? All the rides, or all the shows??

Arrive at 4pm, grab a bite to eat at CHH or Pecos Bill. Then we'll buy pins/tshirts. We'll do a lot of magic shots throughout the night and trick or treat here and there. I'm going to both parades in Frontierland and we'll watch the fireworks. We might do one or two rides.....probably Pirates and Haunted Mansion and we'll catch the midnight Hocus Pocus show.

Dinner at 5:30, hopefully meet a few characters, early Hocus Pocus show and parade, fireworks, then if my kids can hang we will try to ride something while making the rounds to get candy. I am more focused on the entertainment since it's our first time and we can ride stuff the rest of the week.

Arrive just before 4 (we have regular tickets) get our wristbands as soon as possible. Fast Passes between 4-7. Both parade showings! It's our favorite parade ever at MK!!! trick or treat as we move to hit a couple rides before the parade. Hit a ride or 2 and trick or treat between the parade and Hallowishes. And make sure we see the castle show twice. We don't do characters.... just take in the atmosphere, parades, shows!!!

We're planning on making our MNSSHP day as our full day at the MK. We'll get our wristbands around 4p and then hit some rides. We plan on sticking around for the 2nd parade. I'm planning on getting a copy of the map so we can scope out which meet and greets and shows we want to check out.

Arrive at 4, do a few rides, get in line for Pooh and gang, magic shots, T or T, fireworks, 2nd parade and Hocus pocus and whatever else in between

We are doing 2 MNSSHP during our trip. In both cases, we plan to show up around 5pm. The first one we have a CP ADR at 5:45 and will be done there just as the party is starting and our focus for that party will be trick or treating, some character meets and rides and likely the late parade. The second party we will do just a QS around 5:30 and our focus that night will be shows, parade and fireworks. We have the dessert party booked which will cover off the parade and fireworks as well. The balance of our time we'll do some rides and just generally take in the atmosphere.

We are spending The whole day at MK to take advantage of the lower crowds. We already have 6 FP+ booked. After 6:00 we will trick or treat on the way to rides and go to the dance party. If the girls make it, we will watch the late parade and fireworks.

I had a difficult time making a Touring Plan for MSNNHP since there is little to no data on how long character greets are. So, my plan is as follows:

- Ride/FP+ Buzz Lightyear Spin, Tomorrowland Speedway, Princess M&Gs (we'll see how the FP situation goes when it comes around)
- Get in line for the 7 Dwarfs M&G. While waiting in line, have someone go grab some quick service dining to eat in line.
- Winnie the Pooh & Friends M&G.
- Take the far path from FantasyLand to TomorrowLand to get candy (supposedly a really good place to Trick or Treat).
- Lotso M&G
- Dance Party (either the Monsters Inc Dance Party or the new Disney Jr Dance Party).
- Hocus Pocus (8:15)
- Parade (9:15)
- Grab a SOMK Card (does anyone know if they run out of these before the end of the night?)
- Maybe Fireworks if the kids can stay up that late.

Get in line for the 7 Dwarfs M&G. While waiting in line, have someone go grab some quick service dining to eat in line.
- Winnie the Pooh & Friends M&G.
- Take the far path from FantasyLand to TomorrowLand to get candy (supposedly a really good place to Trick or Treat).
- Lotso M&G
- Dance Party (either the Monsters Inc Dance Party or the new Disney Jr Dance Party).
- Hocus Pocus (8:15)
There's no way you get the Dwarfs, Pooh and Gang, Lotso and a dance party in before the 8:15 Hocus Pocus show.

We're not into character meetings at all. My kids are teens and not interested any more.

We are staying at the WL. That day we are sleeping in and having big breakfast at WCC. Probably hit the pool (and grab a snack) for a bit before taking the boat over for 4.
I have a FP for Thunder at 4 and Splash at 5. So maybe do something else before going to Adventureland around 4:40 so we can do the FPs back to back.

Probably watch the 2nd parade and the Hocus Pocus show. Supper will just be CS when we feel like it or perhaps just snack throughout the night.

I might try to grab a magic shot but the teen hates to get pictures done and we're skipping photopass. Besides I hate wasting time getting pictures done.

Last edited:
Last time we showed up at 4 got bands and rode a couple of rides they allowed FP till I think was 5 last time so I snagged 7DWT. We don't do characters all though this year we are bringing Granddaughter so we will see. Ride a few things around Frontierland/Adventure land. We do CS at Peso Bill and catch 1st parade. Maybe trick or treat a little on way to other rides, then we catch fireworks.

Eat before we arrive at the park, get in right at 4:00 pm, use FPs (assuming we can make them / they don’t get canceled), rides, parade, Sanderson Sister show. Not much interest in meeting characters which should save us a lot of time. Stay as late as we can which is as long as our 5 year old can hang.

Side note- can you still get fastpasses tied to your MNSSHP ticket at 4, 5, an 6? I'm thinking I couldn't do it last year, but I could in 2016. Am I making that up? Can you still do that?
Yes, we already booked our FP+ for our MNSSHP tickets for this coming August. We might or might not show up early enough to use them. Depends on the weather. 7DMT wasn't available, so the ones we got are not a big priority.

We are going to focus primarily on rides, and later watch the 2nd parade, probably from Frontierland. If a show is convenient, we'll probably stop and watch. We probably won't trick or treat or stand in any character lines, unless it looks easy. We're going to be laid-back.

The first couple times we did it, we took advantage of the shorter lines and rode as many rides as we could. We did manage to sneak in some trick or treating and the parade.
The last time we did it (August 2017), it seemed to be a lot more crowded and the lines weren't as short.

I'm not a parade person, but Boo to you is my favorite. So we do rides, parades, and a few PP magic shots. We find T&T can just be added in going from ride to ride/in between other plans.

We’ll mostly do rides and some trick or treating, probably a parade and definitely the fireworks. Neither of my kids are particularly into meeting characters.

We will hop on the monorail from the GF around 350, get our armbands and treat bags, head to LTT for an early dinner (wanted to get it out o fthe way before the party begins) plan on hitting as many of the Magic Shots for our Memory Maker as possible, meeting my family there, definitely see the parade as its my favorite and trick or treat, get all our favorite rides in and watch Wishes and head back to GF as we have our first full park day at Epcot the next morning. This is our 3rd MNSSHP while its our grown kids and their significant others first so it will be exciting to see it in their eyes..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter