Moana ride to replace the Tiki room?

Its an older rumor but Moana was a possibility for the Tiki Room at one point. Not sure if it still is.

It would be an easy overlay.

In Moana-ana-ana Waialiki's room
In Moana-ana-ana Waialiki's room
Maui, Heihei, and Pig Pua join to sing a tune-
In Moana-ana-ana-Waialiki's room!

Just stick her in Tomorrowland in Moanas great escape.

Think I've heard of her almost replacing every ride going the poor love.

Yeah. It's a bit odd. Moana was a big movie, and one of my modern favorites, but I don't think it is anywhere near the "must immediately move into the park in any way possible" level of Frozen or some of the long under-represented classics. I'm not opposed to Moana showing up, I just think that people are overestimating how popular it really was as a movie. By common ranking, it is 24th on the list of highest grossing animated films, and that's not adjusted for inflation. It would be significantly worse if we adjust for inflation. It didn't even come close to winning it's year at the box office, getting a solid beating by Finding Dory, Zootopia, and The Secret Life of Pets. Nor did it win Best Animated Film in 2016.

It's a good film. I really like it. It has some catchy songs, a great message, I like both the lead characters. But it simply wasn't the juggernaut that requires immediate integration into the parks much past a meet and greet. I think fans clamoring for her to show up in a big way are going to be sorely disappointed.

Agreed. They should just do a nice meet and greet for her in Adventureland and leave it as that. Also get someone who actually looks like Moana because I’ve seen some stinkers

Add more boat snacks (birds)!!! Moana and Maui can just hang out in the background somewhere...

No on second thought, let's hope Moana has some kind of appearance at the Polynesian resort!!!! Maybe a dessert cruise of some kind?

Agreed. They should just do a nice meet and greet for her in Adventureland and leave it as that. Also get someone who actually looks like Moana because I’ve seen some stinkers

I have heard that they have had trouble casting her, which is why they do not have an ongoing meet and greet. That's just something I've read, but it makes sense since she has a very specific look.

Yeah. It's a bit odd. Moana was a big movie, and one of my modern favorites, but I don't think it is anywhere near the "must immediately move into the park in any way possible" level of Frozen or some of the long under-represented classics. I'm not opposed to Moana showing up, I just think that people are overestimating how popular it really was as a movie. By common ranking, it is 24th on the list of highest grossing animated films, and that's not adjusted for inflation. It would be significantly worse if we adjust for inflation. It didn't even come close to winning it's year at the box office, getting a solid beating by Finding Dory, Zootopia, and The Secret Life of Pets. Nor did it win Best Animated Film in 2016.

It's a good film. I really like it. It has some catchy songs, a great message, I like both the lead characters. But it simply wasn't the juggernaut that requires immediate integration into the parks much past a meet and greet. I think fans clamoring for her to show up in a big way are going to be sorely disappointed.

I do agree. I don't really think she fits too well in any of the parks. However, there is a whole resort where she would fit quite nicely. It seems like a no-brainer to throw her into Spirits of Aloha (even if just temporarily). See how it works, and if it's not drawing in the people they expected, go back to the regular show.

With the current suits desire to put IP everywhere, it's just weird to me that they wouldn't pursue (or take so long) to pursue inserting IP in such an obvious place.

On that topic, I would think they would actually want to push IP before it's even released to give the film a potential box office bump. Have guests meet the character in a resort before they see them on the screen to maybe get them excited.

Meh, I don't know.

Just like Stitch, I think Moana deserves an actual GOOD attraction that is worthy of the character/movie. I don't want to see her just stuck into the parks any way they can. If and when they give her a permanent presence in the parks, I want it to be done right.

I definitely wish they at least had a Meet and Greet through, which got me thinking. Why are certain "human" characters like the 7 Dwarfs, Ralph and Venelopy, ok meet as costumed characters, but others they feel the need to be face characters? I think Maui would be an awesome character meet that would almost certainly have to be a costumed character, and could justify doing the same for Moana to go along with him. But that just is not done with the princesses at all.

Add to the list Illumination's Sing which also beat Moana at the domestic box office that year. That was always galling to me when you compare the quality of the two films but I'm finding myself "galled" all the time when it comes to which films are successful at the box office.

Add more boat snacks (birds)!!! Moana and Maui can just hang out in the background somewhere...

No on second thought, let's hope Moana has some kind of appearance at the Polynesian resort!!!! Maybe a dessert cruise of some kind?

This would be a great addition that could be made as part of adding her into (or creating a whole new show) for the Spirit of Aloha, as I'd detailed above. I mean, who wouldn't love being serve a family-sized platter of 'Boat Snacks'!?

Just like Stitch, I think Moana deserves an actual GOOD attraction that is worthy of the character/movie. I don't want to see her just stuck into the parks any way they can. If and when they give her a permanent presence in the parks, I want it to be done right.

I definitely wish they at least had a Meet and Greet through, which got me thinking. Why are certain "human" characters like the 7 Dwarfs, Ralph and Venelopy, ok meet as costumed characters, but others they feel the need to be face characters? I think Maui would be an awesome character meet that would almost certainly have to be a costumed character, and could justify doing the same for Moana to go along with him. But that just is not done with the princesses at all.

Totally agree. Honestly, the only time I can recall actually feeling like the face characters were done any justice was with Club Villain. Beyond that, they tend to miss the mark by quite a bit. Some of the recent vlogs I've seen with characters like Star-Lord were just brutal.

Add to the list Illumination's Sing which also beat Moana at the domestic box office that year. That was always galling to me when you compare the quality of the two films but I'm finding myself "galled" all the time when it comes to which films are successful at the box office.
I’m still trying to understand how that and The Secret Life of Pets made so much money. Will say when comparing dvd sales Moana beat both, could’ve just been a movie people were waiting to buy physically instead of at the theater whilst saving their money for rogue one at the time. I know that’s why my sister didn’t see any movies this fall...

Anywho call me crazy but I honestly don’t think Moana has theme park potential. I just don’t see how it can make a major ride for the parks. I can see for water parks, maybe “water park potential” but not in the theme parks, and I’m afraid tacking on an IP on a water slide is way too tacky.

Personal ramble I needed to explain out loud: Ok that actually felt good to get off my chest. Not my opinion but my feelings towards recent IPs getting attractions. Back in 2015 I was really clamoring for an Inside Out ride and then Zootopia came out which has a lot of theme park potential if you ask me, with a d-ticket-ish idea that I actually think sounds awesome. Because those two movies came out so close together I thought people were going to think I just want the latest IP in the park, no I only do if the IP has potential and the two movies I listed actually do. Here’s an example, as much as I loved Coco I don’t think it has theme park potential, and it’s mild box office here in America makes me think a ride isn’t happening (although I say that knowing Coco had a lot of obstacles at the box office coming from the Olaf backlash, bad marketing, the competition around Christmas, and the general attitude in America towards Latin culture. It had legs but it wasn’t a runaway success)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!