Mobile check in for ts restaurants - do i get charged?

Ellie Webbs

DIS Veteran
So as far as I understand we are all being encouraged to mobile check in for any ts restaurant booking, which I completely agree with. But the notification that your table is ready appears to come over SMS, so do i pay for that? Or because I'm receiving it, is it free? I'm on EE and have researched online and not found anything so far to answer.
We have about 10 ts meals planned and I know it won't bankrupt me but I dont want to get home and find a £20 bill etc that I wasn't expecting. I need the money for merch!🤣🤣🤣

It will depend on the roaming charges for your carrier (EE) and whether you are on contract, and if so which, or PAYG. They all vary, so you'll need to dig aground the EE website for their USA rates.

Thank you, I've done a good amount of digging and will carry on but most info is texting uk from usa so maybe I need to bite the bullet and call the call centre!

If it’s a paid service, you will likely have to pay for it. When I use my international phone, I pay per text and per minute

You can buy international texts and minutes as an add on from EE. You buy them for a minimum of one month and have to give a month’s notice, so you have to play the system. Alternatively you could unlock your ‘phone and use a stand alone sim while you are away. I think Lebara? and Smarty offer no contract sims with overseas minutes. Or just buy a very cheap phone and buy/put in a US sim when you arrive. Make sure the ‘new’ phone is unlocked for the US region.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!